Discounts in Restaurants

artvlay

On our Infinity TA a couple weeks ago they started offering 50% off all Specialties  for the last 3 days of the cruise.   Being a TA it was very port intensive for the final 4 days of the cruise which may have prompted the discount.

On the first night, almost certainly will be discounts.  After that, the answer is 'usually'.  We often get discounts of 20-50%, particularly on cruises longer than 7 days.  However, we have had at least one cruise this year (not on this ship, but on Celebrity) where there was a large group onboard who filled up the specialty restaurants most every night.  There were zero discounts that sailing, and often you couldn't even get a reservation anyway.  Not the norm, but it can happen - you can't count on getting the discounts as we found out.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, jsf said:

No we got the offer up at The Oceanview during the first day lunch. I felt every time I went to the Buffet I had to try and battle my way in through all the hawkers for the restaurants, Which is another  sore subject all the UPSELLING including Bascio coffee's made me not wanting to go anywhere on the ship.

We were on the Summit six weeks ago and although they had folks outside of the Oceanview Cafe, we were not bombarded by anyone at all!  They were totally respectful of all passengers and most folks knew what they were there for, so if they wanted to ask about a discount, they could.  

5 hours ago, Love.NCL said:

Thanks for the reply everyone!!! I'll definitely ask...50% off Sushi on 5 would be ideal (our CND dollar sucks right now)

Just off the Solstice this morning.

We were offered, and gladly accepted, Sushi on 5 for $25pp...all you can eat!

The sashimi was outstanding...don't miss the scallop/shrimp dynamite in a bowl.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Love.NCL said:

Just got off the summit yesterday.  They best we got was 30% off or $35 all you can eat at sushi on 5 (didn't go).  They did offer us 50% off Qsine

Thanks, how did they offer the Qsine discount? Did you go to the restaurant and ask?

Just now, artvlay said:

Thanks, how did they offer the Qsine discount? Did you go to the restaurant and ask?

There was a guy walking around with the Qsine menu in the Buffet during breakfast. First few days he offered us 20/30%. I think it was day 5 when he was offering 50%.  He said he would have to book us in right away to get the 50% off  - won't get the discount if we walked up to the restaurant.  Try your head waiter also - ours offered us 30% off + kids free for Sushi on 5 - the guy walking around in the buffet offered us 25%.

2 minutes ago, Love.NCL said:

There was a guy walking around with the Qsine menu in the Buffet during breakfast. First few days he offered us 20/30%. I think it was day 5 when he was offering 50%.  He said he would have to book us in right away to get the 50% off  - won't get the discount if we walked up to the restaurant.  Try your head waiter also - ours offered us 30% off + kids free for Sushi on 5 - the guy walking around in the buffet offered us 25%.

What great information! Thank you so much. So while we are feeding our faces in Oceanview we will look for someone carrying a Qsine menu.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:09 PM, bonsai3s said:

Just off the Solstice this morning.

We were offered, and gladly accepted, Sushi on 5 for $25pp...all you can eat!

The sashimi was outstanding...don't miss the scallop/shrimp dynamite in a bowl.

I'm going on the Solstice this Friday, was the offer offered at Sushi on 5 or elsewhere?  Actually want to give the Tuscan grill a shot on the first night.

11 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'm going on the Solstice this Friday, was the offer offered at Sushi on 5 or elsewhere?  Actually want to give the Tuscan grill a shot on the first night.

Our waiter (in the Blu restaurant) heard us saying we love sashimi...he then offered us that "all you can eat" deal.

• Thanks 1