Discounts in Restaurants

artvlay

1 hour ago, Love.NCL said:

Would this be true for Sushi on 5?  What's the "best" discount they have offered?

On Eclipse Apr 29, we got 50%, first night of the cruise only.  The coupon was in our SR.  We were in AQ class.

1 minute ago, Love.NCL said:

ahhhh..i'm just an inside cabin.  

Not an issue, try your CP to see if discounts are being offered there for first (1st) night, otherwise wait until you board, more often than not, discounts will be offered upon boarding...

Caveat: not all discounts will be the same and not all days may be offered (usually only first night).

bon appetite and bon voyage

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

Not an issue, try your CP to see if discounts are being offered there for first (1st) night, otherwise wait until you board, more often than not, discounts will be offered upon boarding...

Caveat: not all discounts will be the same and not all days may be offered (usually only first night).

bon appetite and bon voyage

Thank you for the information

8 minutes ago, Love.NCL said:

ahhhh..i'm just an inside cabin.  

I would go to Sushi on 5 after boarding and ask if they will give you a discount.  When we dined there, there were only 6 tables occupied, so I would think your chances might be good at getting some kind of discount.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

On Eclipse Apr 29, we got 50%, first night of the cruise only.  The coupon was in our SR.  We were in AQ class.

We were on this cruise and the first  night we got BOGO at Tuscan and we were in B2 balcony.

J.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jsf said:

We were on this cruise and the first  night we got BOGO at Tuscan and we were in B2 balcony.

J.

They must have been offering the 50% off everywhere for all, the first night.  That's great.  We had a choice of Sushi on 5, Tuscan or Murano but chose Sushi since we had never eaten there.  Was there a coupon in your cabin or were they offering the discount to you at the restaurant? 

On each of our cruises we go to the specialty restaurant(s) and ask about a discount.  We do this when we first board and other days throughout the cruise.  Sometimes they will say they are only offering for the first night and nothing the rest of the time.  We thank them for their time, give our name and cabin number and say, "if you find yourself in a position to offer a 50% discount during the cruise, please give us a call".  Hasn't failed us yet. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Passrider76 said:

On each of our cruises we go to the specialty restaurant(s) and ask about a discount.  We do this when we first board and other days throughout the cruise.  Sometimes they will say they are only offering for the first night and nothing the rest of the time.  We thank them for their time, give our name and cabin number and say, "if you find yourself in a position to offer a 50% discount during the cruise, please give us a call".  Hasn't failed us yet. 

Wow, you're on the ball.  Do you have any tips for getting cheap cruises?:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

We have been offered 30% sometimes later in the cruise.  It all depends on bookings, of course.

25 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Wow, you're on the ball.  Do you have any tips for getting cheap cruises?:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

We have been offered 30% sometimes later in the cruise.  It all depends on bookings, of course.

You're right, it does depend on how the restaurants are booking.  So far, we have been fortunate.   Cheap cruises....don't we all wish!  Book early, check back often for price drops!                                               

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You should always ask for a discount when booking onboard.  We usually ask for BOGO and sometimes get it but more often that not they offer 25% off and we usually settle at 30% or 35% off.  It's rare for them to flat out say no discount, in fact for us that's never happened and we typically book one or two per cruise. Occasionally we don't get our first choice of nights or maybe have to take Tuscan rather than Murano but we always seem to get a discount.

Edited by TFLG

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

They must have been offering the 50% off everywhere for all, the first night.  That's great.  We had a choice of Sushi on 5, Tuscan or Murano but chose Sushi since we had never eaten there.  Was there a coupon in your cabin or were they offering the discount to you at the restaurant? 

No we got the offer up at The Oceanview during the first day lunch. I felt every time I went to the Buffet I had to try and battle my way in through all the hawkers for the restaurants, Which is another  sore subject all the UPSELLING including Bascio coffee's made me not wanting to go anywhere on the ship.

OP...no discount on QSINE any more because there is no more QSINE...

We do what others apparently do....we don't really care if we eat in a specialty restaurant but if they make us an attractive enough offer, we'll do it.  Depending on mood, I only do BOGO's, but occasionally when they knock of 40%, I'll book.  I have never been offered any sort of discount or deal on sushi on 5 or the porch and I've tried. 

I think almost everyone is offered a deal on the first night.

Again, as others have suggested, that deal you're offered may not be your perfect time or day...but you can try the restaurant at a lower price.

Enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Ooh, I don't usually eat at specialty restaurants much (most of time on X we do AQ and I like Blu well enough) but I have done Sushi on 5 a few times when we just want something small and don't feel like going through hours of endless dining at Blu. I would definitely go for 50% off.

22 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

I have never been offered any sort of discount or deal on sushi on 5 or the porch and I've tried. 

Enjoy your cruise.

We got 25% off the porch on the Reflection back in March and regularly get discounts on the sushi.  I find the sushi the easiest to get a discount on, that place is always empty.  I was surprised we could only get 25% on the Porch because there were only 3 tables seated when we were in it. It was empty.

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

OP...no discount on QSINE any more because there is no more QSINE...

QSINE still remains on the MClass ships and the OP is sailing on the Summit which they asked about.  It was not converted on Millie or Summit during the revolution. 

• Like 1

Every time we’ve asked about a discount at Sushi on 5 we’ve gotten one.  Generally 25-30%.  This was with the guys outside Oceanview with the table and laptop.  However, twice when we turned up at the restaurant the host claimed no knowledge of our discount.  We were firm and it was eventually given but of course it was an unpleasant way to end the meal.  Now my husband always asks for a card with the name of the person he’s booking with and the time/day/discount noted.

Remember if you are Elite you already receive a 15% discount on specialty restaurants.  (You may have to remind them of this.  And, no, the discounts are not combinable.)

6 hours ago, jsf said:

No we got the offer up at The Oceanview during the first day lunch. I felt every time I went to the Buffet I had to try and battle my way in through all the hawkers for the restaurants, Which is another  sore subject all the UPSELLING including Bascio coffee's made me not wanting to go anywhere on the ship.

We always have fun with those hawkers outside the Lido.  I always smile and tell them that if they are willing to give us 50% Off we might be interested.  On most cruises we eventually get that deal.  One thing that helps is that we like to dine late (after 😎 which is when they are often willing to give discounts to attract more customers.  One restaurant we do not like is the Tuscan where we have had too many sub-standard meals and lousy service (on multiple vessels).  When they try to get us to go to the Tuscan I usually suggest that if they pay us $50 we would love to go.  But not sure I could convince DW to go to Tuscan even if they would pay us $50 :).

Hank

• Like 1

Fun topic!  On our Silhouette cruise we went to the dining desk upon embarkation to see what deals were offered.  We were wanting Murano the first night, and got 30% off (sold, and worth it!).  Later in the cruise, we got I think 25% off the Lawn Club Grill on the next to last night (was awesome).  Looks like if you are able to bargain, they can be found.  The OP's ship Summit doesn't have these 2 options, but looks like there might be some opportunity for Tuscan Grill or Sushi on 5.  Incidentally, we also ate at Sushi on 5 on Silhouette, and it was very tasty!

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Remember if you are Elite you already receive a 15% discount on specialty restaurants.  (You may have to remind them of this.  And, no, the discounts are not combinable.)

I think its only Elite PLUS that gets this discount ?