Comedy/young teen?

NillaB

I'm considering Princess for a cruise with my youngest son. He will be 14 at the time.

We enjoy comedy- so I'm wondering if (some of) the comedy would be open/suitable for him. I definitely don't want to bring him to something very "adult".

I'm looking at a 10 days caribbean cruise and would love it if we would be able to see at least a couple of shows. 

I hope someone can help - thank you.      

Comedians on Princess ships have strict orders that their shows are not to be off-colour. I am sure they would be OK for your 14 year old. Sometimes Princess has an adult show later in the evening, but these shows are clearly listed as "adult". A 14-year-old would not be permitted to attend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Comedians on Princess ships have strict orders that their shows are not to be off-colour. I am sure they would be OK for your 14 year old. Sometimes Princess has an adult show later in the evening, but these shows are clearly listed as "adult". A 14-year-old would not be permitted to attend.

Thank you so much! That sounds really good.

Do you (or anyone else, please jumb in)  happen to know how many shows a 10-day cruise would usually have?

Btw at least of now, he doesn't get anything slightly adult. His older brother did get it on our recent cruise though (nothing awful,  an early show with a few adult hints).

Edited by NillaB
Forgot to add something

1 minute ago, NillaB said:

Thank you so much! That sounds really good.

Do you (or anyone else, please jumb in)  happen to know how many shows a 10-day cruise would usually have?

There will be at least one show every evening (repeated later in the evening) and on some ships there will be a second show in another venue.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

There will be at least one show every evening (repeated later in the evening) and on some ships there will be a second show in another venue.

Yay- it will for sure be a priority for us:) 

3 hours ago, NillaB said:

I'm considering Princess for a cruise with my youngest son. He will be 14 at the time.

We enjoy comedy- so I'm wondering if (some of) the comedy would be open/suitable for him. I definitely don't want to bring him to something very "adult".

I'm looking at a 10 days caribbean cruise and would love it if we would be able to see at least a couple of shows. 

I hope someone can help - thank you.      

Family friendly comics. Acts are suitable for youth and adults alike. As a 10 day cruise I'm thinking you are looking at the Crown Princess, or maybe the Caribbean Princess. Basically there will be a different show almost every night in the theater. The show will be at two different times. Additionally the ship might have a comic, singer or magic in Explorer's lounge. There is also Movies Under the Stars every night showing recent movies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Sometimes Princess has an adult show later in the evening, but these shows are clearly listed as "adult".

They've pretty much eliminated the late night real "adult" shows from Princess a few years ago. We attended one about a year ago & it certainly wasn't to be considered anything like you might hear on a Carnival ship. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, skynight said:

Family friendly comics. Acts are suitable for youth and adults alike. As a 10 day cruise I'm thinking you are looking at the Crown Princess, or maybe the Caribbean Princess. Basically there will be a different show almost every night in the theater. The show will be at two different times. Additionally the ship might have a comic, singer or magic in Explorer's lounge. There is also Movies Under the Stars every night showing recent movies. 

Nope- I'm planning waaaay ahead and looking at Sky Princess fall 2020 🙂

And thank you so much. It sounds like we should be fine if we go. 

Princess does not have a comedy show every night.

They have a variety of shows but no way to tell how many comedy ones will be offered.

The only cruise line I know with a dedicated comedy theater on board is Carnival.

They have 2 family shows and 2 adult shows most nights.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Princess does not have a comedy show every night.

They have a variety of shows but no way to tell how many comedy ones will be offered.

The only cruise line I know with a dedicated comedy theater on board is Carnival.

They have 2 family shows and 2 adult shows most nights.

As long as we can go whenever there's a show, we'll be fine. Every night would have been great, though...

In case Carlos Oscar is on your cruise, see him for sure!  He is great, totally clean, and totally funny.  He goes on nonstop for 45 to 50 minutes.  So great!  And he doesn't pick on people in the audience, either, a real plus as far as I am concerned.

Enjoy!🙂😌🌅🌈🌝😉😀😊

Edited by Cruiserkenn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cruiserkenn said:

In case Carlos Oscar is on your cruise, see him for sure!  He is great, totally clean, and totally funny.  He goes on nonstop for 45 to 50 minutes.  So great!  And he doesn't pick on people in the audience, either, a real plus as far as I am concerned.

Enjoy!🙂😌🌅🌈🌝😉😀😊

I agree - not really a fan of the picking 🙂  

4 hours ago, geocruiser said:

You might have to be careful about some of the game shows, like I think it is called the marriage game, (or something like that.  PAX are in the show and you never know what one might say.)

Like the one time when the question was where was the strangest place you made whoopie ... and BOTH of the newlyweds parents and other family were in the audience? 😱 Talk about embarrassing .... well for them anyways ... At that point the DW was happe that we weren't old enough to be the old couple and were married way to long to be the middle couple  🤣

Edited by MauiLvrs
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MauiLvrs said:

Like the one time when the question was where was the strangest place you made whoopie ... and BOTH of the newlyweds parents and other family were in the audience? 😱 Talk about embarrassing .... well for them anyways ... At that point the DW was happe that we weren't old enough to be the old couple and were married way to long to be the middle couple  🤣

😂🤣😂

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

They've pretty much eliminated the late night real "adult" shows from Princess a few years ago. We attended one about a year ago & it certainly wasn't to be considered anything like you might hear on a Carnival ship. 

I wasn't suggesting the late night shows on Princess would be real "adult" shows, but I was commenting that a late-night comedy show advertised as "adult" would not be suitable for a 14 y.o. The last time I heard one mentioned on a Princess ship was probably two years ago, but we don't go to them because we have no interest in humour that could be off-colour. Maybe we are influenced by a show we went to on P&O probably ten years ago. Normally we wouldn't go to a show advertised as "adult humour", but we had known the performer for many years so thought we'd go to his show. It was awful, but we felt we couldn't walk out because he picked on anyone who did so.

• Thanks 1

I totally agree all shows by Princess comedians will be appropriate for underage audiences. I've been on Carnival cruises too and can't say the same. The comedians on Princess are very tasteful and funny, which makes you even appreciate how talented the comedians are to have to really think about every word that comes out of their mouths! Kudos Princess! I'm not saying I didn't laugh with Carnival comedians. I'm just saying IMHO it's easier to think of a dirty funny joke than a PC for everyone involved joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I wasn't suggesting the late night shows on Princess would be real "adult" shows, but I was commenting that a late-night comedy show advertised as "adult" would not be suitable for a 14 y.o. The last time I heard one mentioned on a Princess ship was probably two years ago, but we don't go to them because we have no interest in humour that could be off-colour. Maybe we are influenced by a show we went to on P&O probably ten years ago. Normally we wouldn't go to a show advertised as "adult humour", but we had known the performer for many years so thought we'd go to his show. It was awful, but we felt we couldn't walk out because he picked on anyone who did so.

We'll probably be asleep for late shows anyway (jetlag and early risers). 

5 hours ago, Cruiserkenn said:

So, you are volunteering to be picked on by the comedian?  Hope you enjoy it.

It wouldn't bother me one way or the other but I'm never late for any show.

I want a decent aisle seat so I can slip out at the near end of the show before the CD starts his spiel. 

11 hours ago, coopco said:

The comedians on Princess are very tasteful and funny, which makes you even appreciate how talented the comedians are to have to really think about every word that comes out of their mouths!

They should be since some of them haven't changed their routine in the last 20 years.

As stated, all entertainment on the ship is censored/regulated. From language to the actual length of time on stage, everything is controlled. Even the movies, no matter the original rating, they have been re-edited to PG-14.

• Like 1