First Suite experience recap

Nowhere in the SUITE marketing materials does it mention anything about sharing the space with NSPPs.  Nowhere.  Unless you read CC you wouldn't know this boondoggle exists.  

I really do not understand why this is so hard for people to understand. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Looking forward to bringing my 1 year old and 6 year old into the SL on Allure.  I’ll also welcome confronting ANY passive aggressive passengers if given grief for having them in there. 

My kids are extremely well behaved (and have probably dined in more high end restaurants than most adults).  I also know how to parent and would never allow my children to misbehave or be inappropriate in ANY setting - SL or windjammer!  

But I paid a good amount of money to have a suite on our cruise, and my kids will be just as welcome to enjoy that suite life perk as any other guest in SL (pinnacle or not).  

Sorry for going off original topic...but I got fired up reading that some people have problems with children in the SL or CK.  Looking forward to the confrontation!  Bring popcorn if you’re sailing in late September on Allure. Ha!!

Children are welcome in the Suite Lounge and CK. Royal caters to families. Your not going to get much support on CC regarding children. 

Enjoy your cruise 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Children are welcome in the Suite Lounge and CK. Royal caters to families. Your not going to get much support on CC regarding children. 

Enjoy your cruise 

I can tell you from firsthand experience that children are not welcome in the Suite Lounge and CK and in particular by the owners of the ship (you'll know who they are by the little gold lapel pins).

The staff is another story - they will fawn over your children and play with them and high five them.  Many of them have children and they see their children in yours.  They are real special people.  Your family will form a bond with them.  

Godspeed on Allure in late September.  You will be on a ship and time that should be prime for NSPPs.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

Nowhere in the SUITE marketing materials does it mention anything about sharing the space with NSPPs.  Nowhere.  Unless you read CC you wouldn't know this boondoggle exists.  

Ok, but how does that matter?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s printed on a piece of paper, not on the door, not on the deck plans, not on the documentation. I’ve never seen it that I recall. 

You haven't cruised in a while.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dodgestang said:

That doesn't mean its good wine.

Spent 12 years in the wine business as a rep to area restaurants, training their staff, designing their wine programs.  It still remains as the golden rule of wine:   "The best wine is the wine you like the best".  😉 

Drink up and enjoy Laura!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

True. October, have you seen it since then on another Oasis Class ship? 

Not sure if that pic was from January or February.  I'm sure it was done at discretion of concierge.  

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

I can tell you from firsthand experience that children are not welcome in the Suite Lounge and CK and in particular by the owners of the ship (you'll know who they are by the little gold lapel pins).

The staff is another story - they will fawn over your children and play with them and high five them.  Many of them have children and they see their children in yours.  They are real special people.  Your family will form a bond with them.  

Godspeed on Allure in late September.  You will be on a ship and time that should be prime for NSPPs.  

I changed my mind. 

This is totally accurate.  I found the staff in general to be fantastic.  There were several families in CK and yes, the staff went out of their way to fawn over those children.  One of the children liked to show us the latest video he was watching.   Lovely children.  

After our first visit to SL, they knew we had a drink package.  The couple we sat with on several visits had cruised in suites before.  They told the staff we had the package, so we could have wine not on the SL list.   If I remember correctly, the list of beverages included was called diamond drink list.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s printed on a piece of paper, not on the door, not on the deck plans, not on the documentation. I’ve never seen it that I recall. 

The papers we had in our stateroom didn’t mention it either.   I’ll see if I brought that home, if so, I’ll try to post it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Enjoy your cruise 

During the cruise, there were conversations between, I believe, the Cruise Director and Activities Director regarding the changing demographics of Harmony due to relocation to PC.  They’re anticipating many more families.   That’s a very good thing.  Royal does cater to families.   I liken it to a flight to Orlando.   It’s going to be full of families with children.  I guess if that’s not your thing, there are other cruise lines.  Having cruised with our children,  I enjoy seeing families, children laughing and smiling.   It brings a good vibe to the ship.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

You’re right.  This is copied directly from the Royal site. 

As part of the Royal Caribbean commitment to creating unforgettable vacation experiences for our guests, we have developed Royal Suite Class — Luxury That’s Anything But Boring. Royal Suite Class is an elevated onboard experience for suite guests, combining the unmatched range of innovative Royal Caribbean suite-category accommodations with superior service, exclusive access and personalization of guests’ cruise experiences. Within its three tiers — Star, Sky and Sea — this program offers exclusive access to lounges and dining venues while onboard, attentive services and additional stateroom amenities.

28 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

The papers we had in our stateroom didn’t mention it either.   I’ll see if I brought that home, if so, I’ll try to post it. 

Post #47 has a picture of it. It’s a printed piece of paper in a plastic letter display like below. I believe it’s on the Concierge desk in SL.  Was thinking Allure???

In my opinion 

93A3E9CB-7D62-4D1B-AEF1-09135D7933AA.jpeg

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

12 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

You’re right.  This is copied directly from the Royal site. 

As part of the Royal Caribbean commitment to creating unforgettable vacation experiences for our guests, we have developed Royal Suite Class — Luxury That’s Anything But Boring. Royal Suite Class is an elevated onboard experience for suite guests, combining the unmatched range of innovative Royal Caribbean suite-category accommodations with superior service, exclusive access and personalization of guests’ cruise experiences. Within its three tiers — Star, Sky and Sea — this program offers exclusive access to lounges and dining venues while onboard, attentive services and additional stateroom amenities.

I sure wouldn’t call it “exclusive access “ for Suite Guests under current conditions. 

• Like 1

The signage in SL most likely did Welcome you to the Suite & Pinnacle lounge.   I knew there would be Pinnacle level cruisers in SL.  If, however, you only went with Royal’s marketing materials, you wouldn’t know.   Does it make a difference?   Yes and no.  Yes if you expected a seat in the SL during cocktail hour.   No if a window seat didn’t matter.   Or if the SL cocktail hour wasn’t important.  

Could Royal do a better job of explaining this?   Of course.  

Could Pinnacle level cruisers be more willing to accept non Pinnacle level Suite cruisers into their world?   Yes.  

We befriended a lovely, lovely gentleman traveling solo.  We met him in Rising Tide while chatting with another couple.   We invited him to join us.  It was terrific.  More new friends.  

Maybe that should happen a little more frequently among those who have cruised over 100 times.  

Edited by Snowbird_in_training

39 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

During the cruise, there were conversations between, I believe, the Cruise Director and Activities Director regarding the changing demographics of Harmony due to relocation to PC.  They’re anticipating many more families.   That’s a very good thing.  Royal does cater to families.   I liken it to a flight to Orlando.   It’s going to be full of families with children.  I guess if that’s not your thing, there are other cruise lines.  Having cruised with our children,  I enjoy seeing families, children laughing and smiling.   It brings a good vibe to the ship.  

I suspect that Harmony SL/CK are likely to be more crowded than her sister ship Oasis, which was a favorite of C&A Tiers. Oasis had a beautiful Diamond Lounge, two decks, with windows and a view.  Harmony downsized the DL, moved it to Deck 4, no windows. On Oasis, P’s had a nice location to retreat if kids/children bothered them too much. On Harmony, no such retreat. 

In my opinion. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I suspect that Harmony SL/CK are likely to be more crowded than her sister ship Oasis, which was a favorite of C&A Tiers. Oasis had a beautiful Diamond Lounge, two decks, with windows and a view.  Harmony downsized the DL, move it to Deck 4, no windows. On Oasis, P’s had a nice location to retreat if kids/children bothered them too much. On Harmony, no such retreat. 

In my opinion. 

I have a secret to tell.  We weren’t Diamond on our cruise.  However, we were invited into the DL.  We didn’t have a drink, since that was unimportant to us.   I can see your point about escaping what is certain to be an increasing number of children.  So instead, the families with children will possibly be made to feel unwelcome in a lounge they’ve paid to access. 

Quite the dilemma.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yogimax said:

How can I stop CC from sending an email every time someone posts a response?  It's getting annoying!

Click on your user name (upper right). Click on Account Settings. Click on Notification Settings on the right. Under Notification Settings select the options you want and then save. Scroll down to Notification List. Turn on or off what options you want and then save. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

I have a secret to tell.  We weren’t Diamond on our cruise.  However, we were invited into the DL.  We didn’t have a drink, since that was unimportant to us.   I can see your point about escaping what is certain to be an increasing number of children.  So instead, the families with children will possibly be made to feel unwelcome in a lounge they’ve paid to access. 

Quite the dilemma.

It’s important that you keep expressing your concerns. It’s important that Royal hears you. We certainly hear you. There are far more P’s and loyal to Royal people here on CC than Suite Guests. Don’t be the silent minority. Thank you for your posts. 

In my opinion 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Spent 12 years in the wine business as a rep to area restaurants, training their staff, designing their wine programs.  It still remains as the golden rule of wine:   "The best wine is the wine you like the best".  😉 

Drink up and enjoy Laura!  🙂 

Right on!