First Suite experience recap

We had our first Suite life cruise last week.  Just some  thoughts.  

We are hooked.  

Concierges Elaine and Cheker were exceptionally friendly, accommodating and just plain nice to be around.   

Coastal Kitchen is wonderful.   

From check in to debarkation, it’s a great experience.  

What we liked the most-extra space in the stateroom.   We had a GS.  No reservations needed for shows, concierge will make the reservation for the adult comedy show.  That’s the only show needing a reservation.   The suite sun deck was super comfortable, overlooking a pool area with nice padded loungers.  Towels were available on the suite deck also.   

I would also like to address something that has been debated previously.  Pinnacles gathering in groups, monopolizing the Suite Lounge during happy hour.  This is not to criticize those of you who have earned that status, but a mere observation.  We went to the SL just a couple of times during happy hour.  The seats were usually filled with pins who usually just talked to each other.   It’s understandable since many have cruised together probably dozens of times.  A few would actually say hello, but for the most part, those wearing pins stuck together.  Since so many pins travel together, it might be wonderful to welcome Sky and Star class into the SL and CK.   Maybe even ask them to pull up a chair and join the conversation.  Those we met in Sky/Star loved the Suite experience as well.  

Our next Royal cruise will be in Sky (unless we go for Star).   We are just debating itineraries st this point. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

We had our first Suite life cruise last week.  Just some  thoughts.  

We are hooked.  

Concierges Elaine and Cheker were exceptionally friendly, accommodating and just plain nice to be around.   

Coastal Kitchen is wonderful.   

From check in to debarkation, it’s a great experience.  

What we liked the most-extra space in the stateroom.   We had a GS.  No reservations needed for shows, concierge will make the reservation for the adult comedy show.  That’s the only show needing a reservation.   The suite sun deck was super comfortable, overlooking a pool area with nice padded loungers.  Towels were available on the suite deck also.   

I would also like to address something that has been debated previously.  Pinnacles gathering in groups, monopolizing the Suite Lounge during happy hour.  This is not to criticize those of you who have earned that status, but a mere observation.  We went to the SL just a couple of times during happy hour.  The seats were usually filled with pins who usually just talked to each other.   It’s understandable since many have cruised together probably dozens of times.  A few would actually say hello, but for the most part, those wearing pins stuck together.  Since so many pins travel together, it might be wonderful to welcome Sky and Star class into the SL and CK.   Maybe even ask them to pull up a chair and join the conversation.  Those we met in Sky/Star loved the Suite experience as well.  

Our next Royal cruise will be in Sky (unless we go for Star).   We are just debating itineraries st this point. 

Thanks for the review, what ship?

11 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

Harmony of the Seas.   Eastern with Coco Cay (which we LOVED)

We are on the Harmony Eastern itinerary in September.  We did Sky class on Oasis and loved it.  We are only Sea class this time because that is as high as our traveling companions wanted to book.  We do like the space in a JS, but I just love the Coastal Kitchen and we were planning on doing most dinners there.  Now we will have to cross our fingers and hope that there will be availability for us.  From now on, it's Sky class for us.   

Would love to do a suite someday but just cant get over the prices!, Absolutely love cruising and find it to be an affordable extravagance, 3 times the fair just doesn't seem reasonable, I mean what do you really get for all that dough? our first cruise was an interior and the next we got a balcony, That's it we wont go back to interior. Are there affordable suite rooms...EVER?

• Like 4

Our first cruise was inside.   Then ocean view.   We usually just cruise in balcony.  

We splurged on this suite.   Was it worth it?   In my opinion yes.   It was a truly exceptional experience.   

Our suite price was about 40% more than the price of a Symphony balcony (our first choice).  Harmony suites are less than Symphony, since she’s the newer ship.  

2 minutes ago, oddly excitered said:

Would love to do a suite someday but just cant get over the prices!, Absolutely love cruising and find it to be an affordable extravagance, 3 times the fair just doesn't seem reasonable, I mean what do you really get for all that dough? our first cruise was an interior and the next we got a balcony, That's it we wont go back to interior. Are there affordable suite rooms...EVER?

8 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

We are on the Harmony Eastern itinerary in September.  We did Sky class on Oasis and loved it.  We are only Sea class this time because that is as high as our traveling companions wanted to book.  We do like the space in a JS, but I just love the Coastal Kitchen and we were planning on doing most dinners there.  Now we will have to cross our fingers and hope that there will be availability for us.  From now on, it's Sky class for us.   

I would definitely head to CK as soon as you board.   Try to get reservations.  It seems that many Sky eat in specialty.  So do Star of course.   But the Pinnacles seem to be in CK every night.   That’s why it’s so full.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

We were hooked after our first suite experience last year as well. We'll be on Harmony in an OS in two weeks...looking forward to it.

I've never noticed the pinnacles clustering, but I do remember striking up conversations with several of them. It was interesting to hear their stories and how they got to pinnacle status.

Glad you loved the suites, they are awesome.

Just think you found a new addiction to cruising.................enjoy...............we do.

Which GS were you in?

Thanks for sharing.

Safe travels

I have seen sea and star class mentioned here but have no idea what it means. If it matters, I usually take the smaller ships from Baltimore though and am just turning diamond soon.

Will someone explain? Can you have a suite and not be in one of these 'classes'?

Edited by Cru1s1ng2009
3gfwre

It is very easy to become addicted to suite perks , love almost everything about grand suites have dome them are several ships, last cruise we decided to try owners suite and while it was very nice we really do not need more space than we get in a grand suite, agree with you are pinnacles also. 

1 minute ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I have seen sea and star class mentioned here but have no idea what it means. If it matters, I usually take the smaller ships from Baltimore though and am just turning diamond soon.

Will someone explain? Can you have a suite and not be in one of these 'classes'?

Grand Suites are Sky class.  Junior suites are Sea class.   Others may know the full rundown.  

2 minutes ago, George C said:

It is very easy to become addicted to suite perks , love almost everything about grand suites have dome them are several ships, last cruise we decided to try owners suite and while it was very nice we really do not need more space than we get in a grand suite, agree with you are pinnacles also. 

The only reason I would like OS is the separate shower.  Getting into and out of the tub was awkward.   

• Like 2

Just now, Snowbird_in_training said:

Grand Suites are Sky class.  Junior suites are Sea class.   Others may know the full rundown.  

I believe the other is star suites they are large and costly and come with butler, they are only on oasis and newer ships

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mickey16 said:

We were hooked after our first suite experience last year as well. We'll be on Harmony in an OS in two weeks...looking forward to it.

I've never noticed the pinnacles clustering, but I do remember striking up conversations with several of them. It was interesting to hear their stories and how they got to pinnacle status.

We had some nice conversations too.   Most pinnacles are what I would call “normal people”, mostly living within driving distance to the cruise ports who started cruising when one cruise of  length equaled one point.  When Royal changed the point system it seems those one point cruises, which could have been three days, transferred into seven points.  No criticism, it’s just the system.   

41 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

But the Pinnacles seem to be in CK every night.   That’s why it’s so full.  

I’m not being critical, but if Pinnacles are allowed in CK, one can’t complain because they are in there.  If Pinnacles filled up the Diamond Lounge, then there’s reason to complain because P’s have their own lounge.  Perhaps the P’s don’t want to pay the high prices of the specialty restaurants.  I guess you have to get there first.  It’s first come, first served. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your nice review.   I guess it is human nature that we tend to want to meet up with friends in the lounges and it is perfectly understandable.  But I will always remember the many Crown and Anchor members who invited me to sit with them when I first started sailing solo.  It was very kind and much appreciated.  I am glad you enjoyed the suite life!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I’m not being critical, but if Pinnacles are allowed in CK, one can’t complain because they are in there.  If Pinnacles filled up the Diamond Lounge, then there’s reason to complain because P’s have their own lounge.  Perhaps the P’s don’t want to pay the high prices of the specialty restaurants.  I guess you have to get there first.  It’s first come, first served. 

Don’t get me wrong.  I’m not complaining.  In previous threads there were conversations about Pinnacles taking over SL when they typically don’t stay in suites.   In our conversations with those who are Pinnacle, we were surprised to learn that inside cabins seem to be the choice.  I guess it makes sense, since they have seen it all, but let’s face it, suite guests DO pay a premium to access a lounge that may be full of people cruising in inside cabins.  Once again, they have earned that pin it’s just an observation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Very true.  We didn’t go to SL early in happy hour other than two nights.   On those two nights, it really was packed.   During the later hours, when those who were paying for drinks with either a package or on their own, the SL cleared out.   I'm not at all bashing Pinnacles.  I’m just agreeing with some previous posters claiming that Pinnacles don’t spend any money on the ships.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

What ship has a lounge just for Pinnacles?  Pinnacles have access to the Diamond Lounge on all ships, the concierge lounge on ships that have one and the suite lounge on ships that have that instead of a concierge lounge.  Never heard of a lounge of their own.