MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

Posted (edited)

HAL 4* matched to Diamond in less than 24 hours; showed on booking when I entered the number during booking.

Submitted DH same day I received mine and still haven't heard back. Should we reach out to them (if so, who?) or submit again?

He's also military - what do we do to get his military discount and do we have to do it every booking? 

TIA - first time trying MSC and epuld like to get it right so we gave best experience possible.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

HAL 4* matched to Diamond in less than 24 hours; showed on booking when I entered the number during booking.

Submitted DH same day I received mine and still haven't heard back. Should we reach out to them (if so, who?) or submit again?

He's also military - what do we do to get his military discount and do we have to do it every booking? 

TIA - first time trying MSC and epuld like to get it right so we gave best experience possible.

Depending on when you submitted DH, it might take two weeks. When I submitted mine, I hadn't even booked a cruise but received Gold. Sue submitted her's but did not receive a number until we booked our first cruise in 2022. we have since been elevated to Diamond. One thing I have done is to be assigned to a MSC Concierge. He is like a HAL PCC and I have him do everything related to MSC for me. We book our cruises through him and then any changes after the fact, Our MSC Divina Grand Voyage Transatlantic was cancelled for this November. He helped us get a refund in two days and book a different cruise.

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2024 at 6:25 AM, Haljo1935 said:

MSC's military discount is 5% for inside & ocean view and 10% on other catagories. It is not combinable with the voyager's discount or any other. Depending on which catagory you are booking and how far out the sailing date, it may not make a difference in the discount as you automatically get 5% with VC and it's 5%+5% if you are 9 months or more from sailing date.

I'm not sure if you'd have to do it every booking but most likely MSC Custumer Service can easily answer that for you.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vix2000 said:

Do MSC not status match Cunard, please?

Cunard is listed in the status match lists on both the USA & Canada sites. Not sure on others.

Just go to MSC website and look under Voyers Club for a complete listings for your country. I was surprised at some that they status match!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Oceans 818 said:

MSC's military discount is 5% for inside & ocean view and 10% on other catagories. It is not combinable with the voyager's discount or any other. Depending on which catagory you are booking and how far out the sailing date, it may not make a difference in the discount as you automatically get 5% with VC and it's 5%+5% if you are 9 months or more from sailing date.

I'm not sure if you'd have to do it every booking but most likely MSC Custumer Service can easily answer that for you.

The military discount is also offered to current and retired civil servants (local, state, and federal).  My DH is a retired fed and we've used it twice by submitting a copy of his annuity statement.  If he was still working, a copy of his badge would suffice.

See the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the Military Discount page (https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/military-discount-rates😞

Up to a 10% discount can be applied to the prevailing market and/or promotional rates based on ship sailing date chosen. 10% off is applicable on select Balcony, Suites and YC1 staterooms; 5% discount is applicable on select Interior and Ocean View staterooms. Discount rates apply to all to active and retired U.S. and Canadian military, civil service and interline personnel and their spouses, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law. Qualifying guests must present an I.D. badge from their respective organization at the time of booking. This discount does not apply to Military and/or Civil Service Rates issued through a dedicated promotion. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion and may be withdrawn without notice. Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability and restrictions may apply. Not combinable with MSC Voyagers Club Discount.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, capriccio said:

The military discount is also offered to current and retired civil servants (local, state, and federal).  My DH is a retired fed and we've used it twice by submitting a copy of his annuity statement.  If he was still working, a copy of his badge would suffice.

Yes, it certainly is.

I was just pointing out that if as the OP has, they already have Voyagers Club status, there is no need to go through the process for the military discount as it is 5% unless booking balcony or above and are less than 9 months from sailing. If they already have the VC status they will not get both Military and VC discounts. The same for Health Care Workers. MSC does not combine discounts but if you will get a greater discount by submitting proof, by all means you certainly should!

Plus those that don't already know; you should always give your Voyager's Club number as well to accumalte your status points to gain the higher level perks.

• Thanks 1

I plan to do my status match early next year after I become Princess Elite. I believe I can match to MSC Diamond. I understand that the status match is not permanent. What does one do to  prolong the status? Does it expire automatically after like 18 months or so no matter what?

2 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

I plan to do my status match early next year after I become Princess Elite. I believe I can match to MSC Diamond. I understand that the status match is not permanent. What does one do to  prolong the status? Does it expire automatically after like 18 months or so no matter what?

To keep your status you have to cruise MSC at least once every 3 years.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Since I have no way of knowing when DH became Diamond status with Hilton, and we have no "card", what do I use for the date and do I need to send a picture of anything? DH is actually Diamond for Life, so would have been Diamond for at least 15 years before that enhanced status 4 or 5 years ago.

18 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Since I have no way of knowing when DH became Diamond status with Hilton, and we have no "card", what do I use for the date and do I need to send a picture of anything? DH is actually Diamond for Life, so would have been Diamond for at least 15 years before that enhanced status 4 or 5 years ago.

You can find your virtual card on the Hilton Honors site, if you have an online account.

39 minutes ago, Sakura Tomoe said:

You can find your virtual card on the Hilton Honors site, if you have an online account.

Well thanks, I just found that. As the saying goes, if it had been a snake it would have bit me, lol.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Submitted my status match form around 2.5 hours ago, just received email from MSC. 

Hilton Diamond matched to MSC Diamond.

Congrats!

That's a pretty respectable turnaround time.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Smooth_J said:

So with RCL, I am Diamond Plus, so I matched with MSC Gold and received my number. 

However with Hilton, I am Diamond and I read that I could be MSC Diamond if I used that instead.

Can it be changed, or its a one time status match?

one time match. cant hurt by trying

4 hours ago, Smooth_J said:

So with RCL, I am Diamond Plus, so I matched with MSC Gold and received my number. 

However with Hilton, I am Diamond and I read that I could be MSC Diamond if I used that instead.

Anything is possible with MSC. As Illbcruzn4life said, it can't hurt to try! Good luck and happy sailing :) 

On 9/4/2024 at 1:13 PM, Smooth_J said:

Says one time, but as others said, it's worth trying. If ypu do, will you come back to let us know the outcome?