Taking water on ship

CBCruiser1960

I've not heard this before and just sailed on Princess a few weeks ago.  

However, just in case you were not aware, Princess sells cases of water if you pre-purchase it through your cruise personalizer.  It is only $7 for 12 bottles and will be delivered to your room either before you board or shortly afterwards.  It is so much easier than lugging your own water with you onboard only to save a few dollars ... but you have to purchase it ahead of time.  There is no such special once you board.  

Now, if there is a certain brand of water that you have to have ... the pre-purchase order will probably not suffice.  

5 minutes ago, CBCruiser1960 said:

I was just told by a friend that she read that Princess is not allowing us to take on water.

Can anyone that has just cruised on Princess lately verify this?

Thank you in advance.

No restriction on water. You may carry on as much as you want. You can also place a label on a case and check it as luggage. Also, no restrictions on other non-alcoholic beverages. Your friend must be thinking about a different cruise line.

P.S. I just checked the passage contract. No recent change. You may wish to pre-purchase water in the cruise personlizer so you don't have to carry it on. It is US$7.08 for 12 bottles or 59cents/bottle. Fairly good value for the convenience. This package is not available on board.

• Like 1

No restriction on bringing water that we have seen.  We used to do that but then heard about the water package that you reserve from princess prior to the cruise.  Great price and eliminates the hassle-factor of purchasing / hauling your own, so we typically order 2 (one for each of us since we drink LOTS of water) and focus on our primary priority instead, which is securing two bottles of wine for carry-on. 

I was told (by luggage handlers) you have to carry packs of water on board in Sydney, instead of sending through with luggage tag.

Water package not offered on Majestic in Australia.

Ordering water package makes life much easier. Always do that in Fort Lauderdale now.

4 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

I was told (by luggage handlers) you have to carry packs of water on board in Sydney, instead of sending through with luggage tag.

Water package not offered on Majestic in Australia.

Ordering water package makes life much easier. Always do that in Fort Lauderdale now.

+1 on Majestic.  I could not pre-order water in Cruise Personalizer for our recent trip.

7 hours ago, CBCruiser1960 said:

I was just told by a friend that she read that Princess is not allowing us to take on water.

Can anyone that has just cruised on Princess lately verify this?

Thank you in advance.

Please ask your friend where they read this so others can check it out.