What happened to R748 & 750 on Crown Princess?

KruzPrincess

7 hours ago, seagypsea said:

I just looked and they're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.  So who knows.

I looked at three different cruises at different times and those cabins aren’t on the diagrams online. I wonder why they took them away. I cruised in R748 once. 

On 5/27/2019 at 11:50 AM, jondfk said:

Sort of makes one wonder what happened to R745 too, should be a large balcony mirror of R746.  Shouldn't it?

I found an older deck plan for the Crown and it looks like there wasn’t an R745 that was a balcony. R745 is an inside. 

2FFFDF8E-C81E-4357-ADA7-1FCAAB284C2D.jpeg

Edited by KruzPrincess

We’re on Crown right now in R746. There are definitely people staying in R748 and R750 which are aft facing balcony cabins. I remember when we made our reservations last year that a notice came up asking if our cruise was before or after a certain so it could give us the correct deck plan. I don’t remember the date. We love our triangular shaped balcony—very spacious.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We’re on Crown right now in R746. There are definitely people staying in R748 and R750 which are aft facing balcony cabins. I remember when we made our reservations last year that a notice came up asking if our cruise was before or after a certain so it could give us the correct deck plan. I don’t remember the date. We love our triangular shaped balcony—very spacious.

Actually, they are port hole ocean view cabins. 😉

The one thing I'm not crazy about concerning the R746 balcony is that you can pretty much look right into the R742 balcony.  I say this as someone who has been the recipient of that sightline. 😀

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 12:11 PM, KruzPrincess said:

I’m sure someone has probably answered this question, but I can’t find it in search. I’m just curious what happened to these cabins. Does anyone know?

E9D910D9-66BF-4478-93B8-DE469DED96AE.jpeg

We just returned from a 28 day cruise on the Crown and we were in R746.  Great balcony.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, getaway101 said:

We just returned from a 28 day cruise on the Crown and we were in R746.  Great balcony.

I’ve been in R748 for a 10 night cruise. It is a porthole ocean view. I loved the location The only downside was the door to the deck banged loudly all the time. The main reason I noticed them missing is because I had one of those cabins. It’s interesting that their are passengers in them now. I’m currently looking at R746 for an upcoming cruise next year. I think I would love the balcony and the location. 

Thanks everyone for your comments. 

The only downside of R746 right now is the awful stench of sewage in the bathroom—we’ve had someone in every day to try to fix it but the smell is coming from the shower drain. The a/c doesn’t work very well either—we’re freezing cold half the time but I think that has finally been fixed. Crown Princess is tired as a cruise ship.

Okay, I checked and R748 and R750 are indeed cabins with 2 portholes facing aft.  The 2 ladies in R748 right now said that it is very dark in their cabin.  On another note, I have to hand it to Princess--they finally got things fixed in R746.  The toilet now flushes most of the time, the smell in the shower has been masked with air freshener and the thermostat seems to be working at the moment.  The Housekeeping supervisor offered us a bottle of wine or a coffee card to make up for the 5 days of things not working or smelling but we declined since we don't drink wine or coffee but the gesture was appreciated.  At least they fixed everything and made things right.  That being said, the food on Crown Princess is outstanding and our shore excursions have been wonderful.  Makes up for any inconveniences in our stateroom.  I'm happy.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:26 PM, Diver2014 said:

Okay, I checked and R748 and R750 are indeed cabins with 2 portholes facing aft.  The 2 ladies in R748 right now said that it is very dark in their cabin.  On another note, I have to hand it to Princess--they finally got things fixed in R746.  The toilet now flushes most of the time, the smell in the shower has been masked with air freshener and the thermostat seems to be working at the moment.  The Housekeeping supervisor offered us a bottle of wine or a coffee card to make up for the 5 days of things not working or smelling but we declined since we don't drink wine or coffee but the gesture was appreciated.  At least they fixed everything and made things right.  That being said, the food on Crown Princess is outstanding and our shore excursions have been wonderful.  Makes up for any inconveniences in our stateroom.  I'm happy.

Sorry to hear that you’ve had these problems. It’s good that Princess tried to make it better. It does give me pause about choosing that cabin. This sounds like issues that could be recurring. Thanks for sharing your experience. As for R748, I do remember it was dark. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/27/2019 at 12:50 PM, jondfk said:

Sort of makes one wonder what happened to R745 too, should be a large balcony mirror of R746.  Shouldn't it?

I just looked at some photos and that's where they store the outdoor moving basket to clean the glass outside.

I've read others complaining about obstructed views from the missing balcony cabin next to R743, since the equipment is parked there most of the time.

As for R748 and 750, they show up on the main deck plans but not when booking.

829178475_ScreenShot2019-10-05at8_16_55PM.thumb.png.e532c50729fc4e5e2430fdb56fcb2db6.png

Edited by CineGraphic

• 3 years later...
On 5/26/2019 at 7:48 PM, KruzPrincess said:

I looked at three different cruises at different times and those cabins aren’t on the diagrams online. I wonder why they took them away. I cruised in R748 once. 

you don't happen to have a picture of the interior, do you??

On 5/27/2019 at 12:50 PM, jondfk said:

R746 was not originally a cabin.  It was a storage area that was converted to a passenger cabin at some point.  I also believe that you cannot access the balcony of cabin R742.

On 5/29/2019 at 12:24 AM, Diver2014 said:

I had that cabin once and loved it, out the door and at the pool, bar and buffet.  Spent a lot of time at the table on the rail watching the wake.  Views of Alaska were amazing!