Mini bar goodies

Mudhen

Considering doing the Captain's inclusive drink package....couple of questions....

1) the added on 15% thing....Is that per drink (example...10$ drink + 1.50) so 1.50$ is added to my bill?

Or is it the 59$ + 15% per day? A little confusing.

2) It says that the mini bar is included....if so, just what all is in the mini bar? and is that the plus 15%?

We're doing the "round Iceland cruise on Aug. 6th....excited about it, but a little difficult to figure all the 

ins and outs of the cocktail package....

I'll have more questions as we get closer. This will do for now!

Thank you all, for your responses.

the 15% is added when you purchase the package, so $59 +15% gratuity per day. Nothing more to pay thereafter.  Minibar is initially stocked with top shelf liquor, beer, pop, wine etc.  You can have the steward stock it up with the products you like and have them remove the ones you don’t care for.  Happy sailing in Iceland

• Like 1

We did the same with the mini bar and had our preferences stocked. While we didnt drink from it every day, it came in handy for a glass of wine or beer while getting ready for dinner or watching a movie from time to time.

On the Windsurf, one of the bar staff came around with a cart daily and knocked on doors for restocking. We saw some items in the cart that werent originally in the mini bar (Red Stripe, mini Pellegrino) and grabbed a few of those too.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:06 PM, Mudhen said:

Are the prices for mini bar treats (wine, beer, etc) the same as what we'd pay in a lounge?

Like to know the answer to that question as well.

When we took the last tender back from Jost Van Dyke at 2am on New Years Eve, the bars were already closed. Most of our neighbors also on the tender wanted to keep partying so we had a mini-bar party! Luckily we all had the drink package too.

• Like 1

Is the mini bar a small fridge to keep water, juice etc in?  I  only drink rum  or vodka in cabin. Can you bring your own booze on ship for cabin. Never done Windstar and not use to [paying for drinks by the glass. Not a big wine drinker  at meals.

On 6/16/2019 at 3:56 PM, Cometman said:

All the cruise I have done on WS, we have never opened the minibar..... watching this thread....

That's pretty much us other than taking maybe one Coke or one San Pelligrino over a one week cruise. We love to sit out at Compass Rose on the Surf or the Star Bar on the motors. Never been into sitting in my room drinking but I don't drink in my bedroom at home either! Different strokes... I find it interesting that there is always a thread going on booze, how many bottles, what's included, how to game the system. I guess we all go for different reasons.  I want to experience different places without packing up every few days so this is how we travel at our time of life. We are so comfortable on Windstar ships that even though we contemplate trying something different from time to time, we find these ships easy, the crews stupendous,  and itineraries that have allowed us to see faraway places in comfort. Not worried about the price of a scotch and water.

We never use the minibar for alcohol libations, as we prefer those in a more social or meal setting.  But we are both consumer diet coke in large volumes.  On Windstar our cabin attendant has always listened to our requests and made sure there was always enough in the minibar, with the things we would never consume just going away, if there is no room.

And I always add a wedge of lime, when it is available.  On our last Windstar cruise, I asked our attendant if I could have some "cut lime", figuring I would get a couple of slices and be happy.  A ramekin full of lime wedges showed up shortly in our minibar (very freshly cut) and covered in a piece of plastic rap.  For the duration of our cruise, there was a fresh supply, faster than I could polish off the last batch.

Frankly not needing to sign for coffee, juice and soda beverages on Windstar, is delightful.  It is not the money, it is the simple, relaxed environment.