Check in on line

wolf7

I wonder if once they have this in place they will do as RCI does and have roving check in people with iPads. Check in is certainly much, much quicker with them.

RCI & Celebrity you do the full process on line including adding in card details and uploading a photograph for security (which they just check is a good likeness on arrival).

I also wonder when the roll out will be, not holding my breathe given the track record of PandO IT.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I wonder if once they have this in place they will do as RCI does and have roving check in people with iPads. Check in is certainly much, much quicker with them.

RCI & Celebrity you do the full process on line including adding in card details and uploading a photograph for security (which they just check is a good likeness on arrival).

I also wonder when the roll out will be, not holding my breathe given the track record of PandO IT.

It will definitely happen, a friend works on check in for a number of cruise lines but not P&O and has been involved with the trial. All the reports I have seen have been positive. The catalyst for the change is the introduction of Iona and her subsequent sister.

4 minutes ago, daiB said:

It will definitely happen, a friend works on check in for a number of cruise lines but not P&O and has been involved with the trial. All the reports I have seen have been positive. The catalyst for the change is the introduction of Iona and her subsequent sister.

Thanks Dai, thats positive news then. Anything that helps speed up embarkation is to be welcomed.

Makes  perfect sense with the numbers boarding on Iona.

Princess have just started this under the Ocean Medallion scheme. Carnival are going to roll it out across all their brands eventually apparently. I was very impressed, you scan your own passport and photo, if you live in the USA they post out the equivalent of your sea pass card which is a medallion. Check in checks are next to nothing.

Edited by CCFC

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

RCI say that your keycards will be found in the cabin, so I assume there is no need for the check in desks, I wonder if P&O will do something similar.

I think they will go the Carnival way with the medallions. I have travelled RCI and yes your keycard is outside the door.