Is Qsine different between ship classes? Silhouette vs Millennium vs Infinity?

milokama

We are aboard Silhouette and Qsine is Le Petite Chef.  The menu is very limited and the space is closed and unappealing to us.  We've decided to forego a dinner there. 

When we were on the Infinity a few years back Qsine had quite an extensive and exotic menu.  The restaurant was located at the top of the ship with remarkable views.  We thoroughly enjoyed our experience then.  We are booked on the Millennium in December 2019 and wondering which Qsine will be on board.

If anyone is currently onboard and would care to take a picture of the iPad menu, that would be much appreciated!!

Thanks for any info... trying to decide if we'll buy a multiple night package of specialty dinning.

Sadly, the Qsine you know and that we love is gone. X has decided that this stupid 3-D movie cartoon chef is more important than interesting food. What used to be my favorite restaurant is not anymore. In fact that's just one more reason that after our next two cruises (our 26th and 27th—already booked) with X we are done with them. They obviously are only interested in attracting new customers and not keeping those of us who have supported them for years. 

The Edge is a disaster. Full of a lot of things built to hyper  And they are going to build four more like her. Ridiculous. 

Jim

Edited by DrKoob
  • Like 1

Sadly DrK is right.  The old Qsine is gone.  I got all excited when we boarded Silhouette last year and saw the Qsine uniforms.  LPC was just rolling out and we had hoped that we might sneak in under the wire before it was switched.  But sadly not to be.  They had switched it that night.

As an experience it is OK - but if you are in any way light sensitive (migraine, epilepsy etc) the halo effect from the projectors is truly horrible.

I thought the regular Q sine  format was staying as such on certain ships ( possibly Summit and EQ).. and that  they were pumping up the menu elsewhere for LPC as it is a one and done gor most..For us it's a none and done,...we prefer  the Q sine ecclectic menu, dining at our own pace,   and no cartoon show!

Hope someone can clarify,,..thanks

24 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

There is another thread about this going on currently.  It appears that the M class ships are retaining Qsine.

We’ll be on the Summit in September, and I’ve been paying attention to this, as we have no interest in LPC. On Radio’s recent Live from the Summit thread, he reported being told that the plans to convert Qsine to LPC on that ship are on hold for now. 

I was disappointed that the old Qsine was gone...then we tried Le Petit Chef (kicking and screaming) and...we LOVED IT. I mean seriously what more can you ask for? The experience is so clever and unique. The tech is awesome and we giggled throughout our meal. How often can you say that? I give celebrity big time credit for offering up something different unique.

2 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

What more to ask for?  How about some changes in the menu....how about vegetarian and vegan choices?  How about some reason to go back twice?

good news! We actually saw 2 different shows on our itinerary. Both awesome. Plus I;m pretty sure they offer 2 different menus per show. So that's 4 different options!

We were delighted by Le Petit Chef dining. of all the meals and endless eating, this is one that stood out as highlight. Much more than just food, a fun whimsical evening if you want something unique. If you just want to eat plenty of other choices. But we loved the whole show and excited to do another time on next trip.

have only been on the Edge and there is no qsine but will be on the summit next month.

thinking about doing the $30 1st night special.

How does qsine work?

can i order EVERY dish on the menu? (im traveling solo)

4 hours ago, Mialias said:

I was disappointed that the old Qsine was gone...then we tried Le Petit Chef (kicking and screaming) and...we LOVED IT. I mean seriously what more can you ask for? The experience is so clever and unique. The tech is awesome and we giggled throughout our meal. How often can you say that? I give celebrity big time credit for offering up something different unique.

What more can I ask for?  How about some more food options!  I am lactose intolerant and don't like lobster.  There goes half of the food options.  Yes, I could probably pre-arrange for some lactose free stuff but that is a hassle.  

So many of us are SOOOOO disappointed that they took away a restaurant we loved and instead put in LPC and of course raised the price.  I wish they would do alternating days or something, so everyone could be satisfied.  Even though you loved it, would you go back again and again and again like we did with Qsine??  Maybe you would, but I suspect most would not.  It seems like a Disneyesque one and done thing to me.

I don't know what LPC is but we booked Qsine on the Millennium for our cruise to Alaska next week to celebrate our anniversary and the menu posted on the app and the website looks really wonderful.  Did I miss something when I looked at the website?

26 minutes ago, Gardener62 said:

I don't know what LPC is but we booked Qsine on the Millennium for our cruise to Alaska next week to celebrate our anniversary and the menu posted on the app and the website looks really wonderful.  Did I miss something when I looked at the website?

We did the same thing. Booked the Qzine on day 1 for discount. It looks great on Millennium on June 7. I don’t think it is LPC

as others have mentioned, if you're just about food there are plenty of options each night on the ships. But if you can afford it, Le Petit is not just another dining night. Its a technical experience. It may seem simple or even "gimmicky" if you don't understand it, but the technology is actually amazing and the art is extremely clever and fun. We've seen it 3x and really appreciate a dining option that is different than all the other options

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 1:11 PM, Mialias said:

good news! We actually saw 2 different shows on our itinerary. Both awesome. Plus I;m pretty sure they offer 2 different menus per show. So that's 4 different options!

Could you please let me know what the menu choices are?  We are a group of 8 with different likes and dislikes, so we would like to know what the LPC menus are before booking at $55/person.  Thanks!

On 5/30/2019 at 2:20 PM, fstuff1 said:

How does qsine work?

can i order EVERY dish on the menu? (im traveling solo)

I met the Executive Chef of Summit on our sailing last week and he confirmed that Summit will NOT be getting Le Petit Chef - Qsine stays. 

Fstuff1, yes, you can order as much food as you'd like. However, they are unlikely to scale down the portions for you, and you will find that you will get full FAST. DH and I have been to Qsine a couple of times and between the two of us (with pretty big appetites), we hit our limit after 5 or 6 items, depending on what we order. 

8 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

Fstuff1, yes, you can order as much food as you'd like. However, they are unlikely to scale down the portions for you, and you will find that you will get full FAST. DH and I have been to Qsine a couple of times and between the two of us (with pretty big appetites), we hit our limit after 5 or 6 items, depending on what we order. 

ugg.. so i need to order the smaller dishes and for my last dish, order the one that serves 4 people.

so how many more dishes are there than the sample list from Celebrity?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/qsine

11 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

ugg.. so i need to order the smaller dishes and for my last dish, order the one that serves 4 people.

so how many more dishes are there than the sample list from Celebrity?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/qsine

Actually, the sample list at that site looks like the complete menu. I did a pretty thorough review of our first trip to Qsine a few years ago: 

On our second trip in 2018, we went a different direction and started with some of the lighter dishes - I think we had the disco shrimp and salmon cataplana - and then did the slider party and Taco Royale, plus maybe one of the Chinese dishes - I don't recall exactly. Just be aware that there is a LOT of heavy, fried stuff on the menu and if you want lighter things to come at the beginning of your meal, say so!!!!

8 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

Actually, the sample list at that site looks like the complete menu. I did a pretty thorough review of our first trip to Qsine a few years ago: 

On our second trip in 2018, we went a different direction and started with some of the lighter dishes - I think we had the disco shrimp and salmon cataplana - and then did the slider party and Taco Royale, plus maybe one of the Chinese dishes - I don't recall exactly. Just be aware that there is a LOT of heavy, fried stuff on the menu and if you want lighter things to come at the beginning of your meal, say so!!!!

you dont pick?

they automatically bring stuff to you?

4 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

you dont pick?

they automatically bring stuff to you?

No, you do get to choose which items you would like, but unless you specify what order you would like them, they will just come whenever the kitchen gets to them. Definitely prioritize and plan your meal so you don't waste stomach space on something that isn't a must!

Edited by Alsmez

Just now, Alsmez said:

No, you do get to choose which items you would, but unless you specify what order you would like them, they will just come whenever the kitchen gets to them. Definitely prioritize and plan your meal so you don't waste stomach space on something that isn't a must!

hm.. i was thinking of doing multiple orders.

start with 3 dishes then keep ordering 3 more dishes till im full. (thats what i do in the tapas restaurant on NCL. my record is 15dishes with very little waste.)

or is the waiter that busy on the Summit?

3 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

hm.. i was thinking of doing multiple orders.

start with 3 dishes then keep ordering 3 more dishes till im full. (thats what i do in the tapas restaurant on NCL. my record is 15dishes with very little waste.)

or is the waiter that busy on the Summit?

We didn't visit Qsine on Summit so I don't know what the attendance or service is like there. I would just ask to do it that way and see what they say. On our visits they always told us we could feel free to order more if we liked or tell them to stop after a course if we were getting full, etc., so I would imagine they would be fine with your three-at-a-time approach.

On 5/29/2019 at 7:40 AM, milokama said:

If anyone is currently onboard and would care to take a picture of the iPad menu, that would be much appreciated!!

I read that the original Qsine continues in the M class ships, below menus a food photos

IMG_3422.thumb.jpg.0bbc08d6eac6633c6a2aeba4bd50851d.jpgIMG_3426.thumb.jpg.e6583a21cc81b470958b873bcc4ea8b9.jpg

Edited by gerelmx