Itinerary Change to CocoCay

Has your Caribbean Itinerary been changed to include CocoCay?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Has your Caribbean itinerary been changed to include CocoCay?

• Yes, my itinerary has been changed to include CocoCay
    • No, my itinerary has not been changed to include CocoCay

On 5/30/2019 at 1:39 PM, iWillSailAway said:

They can always add a second Perfect Day at Coco Cay to your cruise.  😉  A certain cruise line is already doing that to their private island.  

Which cruise line is that?

I booked a 3 day on Oasis for April that only has Nassau (and a sea day).  I booked primarily so that I can check out the new upgrades (thankfully I booked just prior to the announcement since the price jumped up literally the day they announced the details).  I WISH they would add Coco Cay to this itinerary!  I assume there's already a ship there that day or else why wouldn't they?  

2 hours ago, Ubiquitous Cruiser said:

Dear Guest,

We have a few itinerary changes to share with you for our upcoming March 2,2020 Brilliance of the Seas sailing.

Over the past few months, we’ve been hard at work transforming our private destination, CocoCay, into Perfect Day at CocoCay and we’re excited to share that you’ll now experience everything it has to offer. Instead of visiting Cozumel, Mexico, we’ve added Perfect Day at CocoCay and the beautiful port of Nassau, Bahamas to our itinerary! To accommodate all these exciting changes, we’ve adjusted our departure time in Key West, Florida. Below, please find our updated itinerary.

Image did not load.

Discover all that the Bahamas has to offer! While in Nassau, explore the streets and tunnels of the lost city of Atlantis! Whether you wander the city, swim with dolphins, or get a close glimpse of the 250-marine species in the underground aquarium, you won’t be disappointed.

Then, while in Perfect Day at CocoCay, you’ll see that this mighty island is packed with new thrills and even more ways to chill. With several new attractions added to our lineup, like Oasis Lagoon, Thrill Waterpark, Chill Island, plus much more, you’ll find yourself planning your next trip here in no time! To find out more about how you can spend your time in Perfect Day at CocoCay with us, click here.

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions scheduled for Cozumel will be refunded to your original form of payment. Any affected Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Key West, will be rescheduled for you by our Shore Excursions team. Within the next 3 business days, you’ll receive an email with your updated excursion details. Then, feel free to browse through our Cruise Planner for additional excursions that may interest you.

Thank you for understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard your Royal Caribbean International vacation!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

My DW contacted Customer No Service and noted that it was understandable to have to change iternaries for weather, political unrest, repositioning or mechanical issues, but expressed dismay at this which was clearly aimed at maximizing profits on their private island. The response she received noted that they regretted to have change itineraries, but sometimes it was unavoidable due to

weather, political unrest, repositioning or mechanical issues ...

Never trust people with hyphenated last names!

• Haha 2

I’m sorry for anyone with an itinerary change.  

Not everyone has been to Nassau dozens of times.   For some of us who aren’t constant cruisers, Nassau is still a port to explore.  Any port, after many times there, becomes a little boring.  

We spent a wonderful day on Coco Cay in May while on Harmony.   It didn’t have an amusement park feel at all.  It felt like a very relaxing pool/beach day.   You really don’t need to spend a penny there.  It’s your choice.  

If Royal starts noticing revenue dropping and ships starting to sail at less than full capacity, maybe then they’ll stop changing itineraries.  Until then you’re still on a beautiful cruise ship with thousands of new friends.  

On 5/30/2019 at 9:30 PM, John&LaLa said:

Pat, have you been there yet?  You might be surprised.  Looks like a lot more than a theme park to me.  Especially if you have the drink pkg. 😉

I'm bummed that Laura gets to go three times before I do in September

I am leaving on Mariner tomorrow.  Cocoa Cay is on day four.  

On 5/31/2019 at 4:00 PM, ticketsunlimited said:

The way it is going now the island is becoming one big leach field for the septic.  I cant even imagine where they are putting all that stuff?

Have you been to Haiti?  😮