Itinerary Change to CocoCay

Has your Caribbean Itinerary been changed to include CocoCay?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Has your Caribbean itinerary been changed to include CocoCay?

• Yes, my itinerary has been changed to include CocoCay
    • No, my itinerary has not been changed to include CocoCay

My DH was sent an e-mail yesterday that our itinerary for our April 2020 Western Caribbean cruise has been changed.  They dropped Cozumel and added Nassau and CocoCay, we are slightly bummed because we picked the itinerary based on the fact that we have been to Nassau twice already and wanted to try something new (I know, I know first world problem, we'll still be on vacation so we are over it already).  I'm interested in finding out how many other Caribbean Itinerary's have been changed now that CocoCay is basically fully operational.

I noticed ours was changed too, although we weren’t notified. I’m ok with it, but it would have been nice for them to let me know in case the port that’s cancelled is where we wanted to go. I don’t expect much customer service from them lately, there’s no need,  ships are still full.

5 minutes ago, bowler15547 said:

In what universe is Nassau and CocoCay Western Caribbean? I guess they have to pay for the island somehow.

I agree, I guess they’ll help pay for the island by the fuel saved not going to the “western Caribbean” on their Western Caribbean cruise.😳

2 minutes ago, bowler15547 said:

In what universe is Nassau and CocoCay Western Caribbean? I guess they have to pay for the island somehow.

Exactly, we are leaving out of Tampa and were originally scheduled to go to Key West and Cozumel with a sea day in between (so we are losing one sea day).  Now we are still going to Key West but they shorted our time there, sailing to Nassau the next day, then sailing to CocoCay and our last day is still a sea day.  It's only a five night cruise.

Just now, Redsky5292 said:

Exactly, we are leaving out of Tampa and were originally scheduled to go to Key West and Cozumel with a sea day in between (so we are losing one sea day).  Now we are still going to Key West but they shorted our time there, sailing to Nassau the next day, then sailing to CocoCay and our last day is still a sea day.  It's only a five night cruise.

I will cancel if they take Key West away. Are you on Brilliance too?

Just now, lovesthebeach2 said:

I will cancel if they take Key West away. Are you on Brilliance too?

Yes, we are sailing the Brililance too!  We are planning on going either way but it is annoying that they changed the itinerary. 

I can't get away from Coco Cay on either western or eastern route on Harmony.  Used to love going there, but they changed it like they did Labadee....worse actually.  If I want theme park experience...I will go to Orlando.  Don't need to pay to be on a ship to do that.  😞 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Pretty soon they will be moving the south Pacific trips:

Dear guest we are pleased to inform you that your stops to Bora Bora and Moorea have been changed to Nassau and Coco Cay.  Pleased be informed  that Oasis and Symphony will be docked at the same time so please bring a bed sheet from your room as towels will be in short demand.  Enjoy your new Itinerary.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Dear guest we are pleased to inform you that your stops to Bora Bora and Moorea have been changed to Nassau and Coco Cay.  Pleased be informed  that Oasis and Symphony will be docked at the same time so please bring a bed sheet from your room as towels will be in short demand.  Enjoy your new Itinerary.

I like this, but you forget to put in the standard prefix: "In order to enhance your cruise experience ... "

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

43 minutes ago, kag19 said:

Ours already includes CocoCay but we are on an Eastern so makes sense.  Not sure what map they are using if Nassau and CocoCay are now on the Western itinerary...

They can always add a second Perfect Day at Coco Cay to your cruise.  😉  A certain cruise line is already doing that to their private island.  

35 minutes ago, iWillSailAway said:

They can always add a second Perfect Day at Coco Cay to your cruise.  😉  A certain cruise line is already doing that to their private island.  

Instead of Perfect Day it will be Perfect Week!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Perfect.  LOL!!  😄  

1 hour ago, kag19 said:

Ours already includes CocoCay but we are on an Eastern so makes sense.  Not sure what map they are using if Nassau and CocoCay are now on the Western itinerary...

The dart board.  But in actuality...RCI will go out of their way to make the extra $$ for keeping all the $$ you spend at your port of call all to themselves.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have the new itineraries been updated on the RCCL website?  I was having trouble finding Brilliance going to Coco Cay April 2020 filtering on RCCL and wonder if the websites that update which ships in which port will catch the changes.  

For those with a recent change to include Coco Cay, any other ship with you?  

6 hours ago, island lady said:

I can't get away from Coco Cay on either western or eastern route on Harmony.  Used to love going there, but they changed it like they did Labadee....worse actually.  If I want theme park experience...I will go to Orlando.  Don't need to pay to be on a ship to do that.  😞 

With the change in choices at PC I have been looking forward to the 5 5 4's out of Tampa. RCI has shot that idea.  

6 hours ago, island lady said:

I'm wondering if they are going to drop Nassau for the most part when the Freeport plan is completed.

If that is the case and they move to Freeport and CoCo Cay, we will be stuck with two fake "Bahamas-like" experiences. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I'm wondering if they are going to drop Nassau for the most part when the Freeport plan is completed.

If that is the case and they move to Freeport and CoCo Cay, we will be stuck with two fake "Bahamas-like" experiences. 

There is a Freeport plan?  Do you when it's due to be completed?  

9 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I agree, I guess they’ll help pay for the island by the fuel saved not going to the “western Caribbean” on their Western Caribbean cruise.😳

Also money that they charge for the theme park and other things. 

1 hour ago, Scotty G said:

With the change in choices at PC I have been looking forward to the 5 5 4's out of Tampa. RCI has shot that idea.  

What is the 5 5 4's?