Teenager in Aqua Class?

kay1864

We've been offered an upgrade to Aqua Class.  DD will be (barely) 15, but she is often mistaken for 18.   Will she be denied access to the Persian Garden, if we go together?  (rules say guests must be 16)

Edited by kay1864

1 minute ago, kay1864 said:

We've been offered an upgrade to Aqua Class.  DD will be (barely) 15.   Will she be denied access to the Persian Garden, if we go together?  (ruAles say guests must be 16)

Aqua Class cabins only accommodate 2 passengers. Will she be a third?  If so, you can't stay in Aqua Class and as far as I know this is a hard and fast rule. I don't know about the rules in Persian Gardens, but it might depend on how strict the keepers of the gate will be. My guess is that if a young teenager she will be denied entry. I've never seen a teenager in the Persian Gardens and I've been in Aqua Class for more than 25 cruises.

I do not know the answer (single, no kids here), but if she is often mistaken for 18 (or older), I would be very hesitant to let her hang out in adult areas even with crew permission. How would you feel if someone started hitting on her as if she was an adult? Just something to ponder.

• Like 1

Are you booking a cabin for just you and your daughter or are you a family of three?  
Aqua Class accommodations are for two occupants only...there is only one queen bed, which can be changed to two (small) singles.  If the rules say only 16 years and above and she is not, then the answer is no.

My recall is that one must present his/her Sea Pass to a member of the Spa Reception Team--who will hold the card during usage--in order to access the Persian Gardens...  It is my understanding that Sea Pass cards issued to minors are coded to indicate such status--for a whole lot of reasons--and, if swiped, will also confirm status as a minor [don't know if birth date will pop up] along with his/her photo...

Don't know how rigorously the age restriction is enforced and/or if allowance is made if accompanied by an adult who is eligible for entry…  But I'm quite confident that physical appearance alone won't work... 

You say you were "offered" an upgrade.  Is it a free upgrade?  If so, and just the 2 of you, I would take it in a heart beat, but not because of the Persian Garden.  Do it for the dining room...Blu.  DH and I ended a cruise last week and were staying in AQ (our preferred category because of Blu).  We never stepped foot in the Persian Garden, and rarely do.  Mostly we forget about it. :classic_ohmy:

The FAQ on the Celbrity website says ages 13 and up can use Persian Gardens if sccomapanied by parent or guardian.  

That being said, it is true that Aqua rooms are double occupancy only, so I hope that is the case for the OP

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I do not know the answer (single, no kids here), but if she is often mistaken for 18 (or older), I would be very hesitant to let her hang out in adult areas even with crew permission. How would you feel if someone started hitting on her as if she was an adult? Just something to ponder.

Since I'll be with her the whole time, the chances of that are near zero.  Not to mention she can handle herself.  

31 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

The FAQ on the Celebrity website says ages 13 and up can use Persian Gardens if accompanied by parent or guardian.  

Can you point me to that?  i couldn't find it on their site.  I found only this on CC:

The Persian Garden features a contemporary design in cool tones of green or blue. It has an age requirement of 16 or older and guests must wear a bathing suit at all times.

ETA:   Never mind, I found this on the X site:

Q. What is the minimum age for Canyon Ranch® Spa admission?

A. Persian Garden guests must be at least 16 years old.  Canyon Ranch® Spa welcomes guests ages 13 - 17 when accompanied by a parent or guardian; inquire about our special teen services menu.

Edited by kay1864

Just now, kay1864 said:

$50 pp, 7-night cruise.  So cost to me, about $17/day.

I'd take it in a minute if just the two of you. To me Persian Gardens is not a factor. Blu is alone worth the extra cost. You also receive a much better shower and bathroom amenities and extra cruise points. That might be a factor for your daughter in the future. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kay1864 said:

Can you point me to that?  i couldn't find it on their site.  I found only this on CC:

The Persian Garden features a contemporary design in cool tones of green or blue. It has an age requirement of 16 or older and guests must wear a bathing suit at all times.

ETA:   Never mind, I found this on the X site:

Q. What is the minimum age for Canyon Ranch® Spa admission?

A. Persian Garden guests must be at least 16 years old.  Canyon Ranch® Spa welcomes guests ages 13 - 17 when accompanied by a parent or guardian; inquire about our special teen services menu.

I read that as the 13-17 is for specialized spa treatments, but the parent/guardian must remain with them.

It seems pretty clear that Persian Gardens is 16+.

4 hours ago, Xport said:

My recall is that one must present his/her Sea Pass to a member of the Spa Reception Team--who will hold the card during usage--in order to access the Persian Gardens...  It is my understanding that Sea Pass cards issued to minors are coded to indicate such status--for a whole lot of reasons--and, if swiped, will also confirm status as a minor [don't know if birth date will pop up] along with his/her photo...

Don't know how rigorously the age restriction is enforced and/or if allowance is made if accompanied by an adult who is eligible for entry…  But I'm quite confident that physical appearance alone won't work... 

We were on the Reflection last month, and were able to access the Persian garden with our room pass/key.  We did not have to exchange it at the reception.

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I read that as the 13-17 is for specialized spa treatments, but the parent/guardian must remain with them.

It seems pretty clear that Persian Gardens is 16+.

Exactly...but I bet  she might really enjoy the teen spa services....mani pedi etc.

Hope OP grabbed the upgrade and was given a choice of cabins to select from..Some locations are better than others.

• Like 1