Re: cruise info on Celebrity account

ellie84

Have a cruise booked about 3 weeks ago for September 2020 (I appreciate that it’s a long time away!). However currently Beverage Package, OBC, and Grats aren’t appearing on our online cruise planner. The only thing showing currently are a few shore excursions. Speciality Dining etc is also not showing any bookable options. Do any of you know how far out from sail date that the Perks appear on the cruise planner? And indeed when bookable options show as available on the cruise planner? Although very seasoned cruisers with Celebrity for the past 15 years, we've never booked a cruise 16 months prior to sail date, so never been is this situation before, with no info showing on cruise planner! And our TA didn’t have the answer either! 

I actually just went through the same thing with my perks for my booking for next April, and they weren't on my invoice either. I called customer service and he said that they don't show up until after you've made final payment, 90 days out. I didn't feel good about not having it in writing so he sent me an invoice with the information. Seems weird they wouldn't just put it on your planner as soon as you book!

Apart from the OBC from X, the other perks will probably never show on line. Just ensure you have a hard copy showing all your promos and remember to take it with you when you sail (it may be needed at GS should there be any problems).

Scoggins - thank you so much for your reply! Exactly what you said, just don’t feel comfortable about not having it in writing, so I’ll definitely get them to send the full invoice through, like you did. It’s strange, as on our past couple of Celebrity cruises, we have upgraded one of our perks from the classic beverage package to the premium package by paying the upgrade price shown on the cruise planner. And we did that about 6 months out, so well before the finally payment. And yet now on our cruise planner, it’s only showing the price for buying the premium beverage from scratch, not the upgrade price. And that’s presumably, because it’s not listing the perk on there yet! So it’s strange that they’re saying about the 90 days. I guess I will have to do some more investigating! Thank you again for the info 🙂

VillaUK - thank you for your reply 🙂 Mmmm....that’s interesting as historically our perks have always shown on our cruise planner (can’t remember whether gratuities did or not) but certainly onboard credit and beverage packages definitely did. Wonder whether they have changed their system then?! Hope not!

Just now, ellie84 said:

VillaUK - thank you for your reply 🙂 Mmmm....that’s interesting as historically our perks have always shown on our cruise planner (can’t remember whether gratuities did or not) but certainly onboard credit and beverage packages definitely did. Wonder whether they have changed their system then?! Hope not!

They come and go 😆. I’ve found that since the last update, the only perk that shows online is the OBC from X. You used to be able to go into ‘order history’ and see the beverage packages, doesn’t happen for me any longer.

19 minutes ago, villauk said:

They come and go 😆. I’ve found that since the last update, the only perk that shows online is the OBC from X. You used to be able to go into ‘order history’ and see the beverage packages, doesn’t happen for me any longer.

Thank you for your reply 🙂

On this new system then do you know how you go about purchasing the upgrade price for the beverage perk to take it from classic to premium?

35 minutes ago, villauk said:

Maybe it's different in the UK and US. We have all 4 perks, and booked through a TA. Our X OBC shows (OBC from TA won't show until on board), our beverage package shows in the cruise planner under Order History as does our WIFI packages. The only thing that never shows is pre-paid gratuities. It's advisable however to have documentation with you on your cruise in case of problems. Also, I've called Captains Club  (800-760-0654) on the rare occasion that our perks aren't showing and they've corrected the Cruise Planner.

Ellie84, if you want to upgrade your beverage package, it's best to call to do it, especially if your Captains Club standing gives you any discount. The X website is notoriously wonky.

Edited by Luvcrusn

9 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Maybe it's different in the UK and US. We have all 4 perks, and booked through a TA. Our X OBC shows (OBC from TA won't show until on board), our beverage package shows in the cruise planner under Order History as does our WIFI packages. The only thing that never shows is pre-paid gratuities. It's advisable however to have documentation with you on your cruise in case of problems. Also, I've called Captains Club  (800-760-0654) on the rare occasion that our perks aren't showing and they've corrected the Cruise Planner.

Ellie84, if you want to upgrade your beverage package, it's best to call to do it, especially if your Captains Club standing gives you any discount. The X website is notoriously wonky.

Thank you for the advice re upgrading! It’s no doubt very good advice, I am always had multiple issues with their website! So will call them this time to do it! And to check that our perks are at least showing their end! Thanks again for the info!

In our experience the beverage package no longer shows on your reservation until just before sailing, if at all .  However when we call the Captains Club to upgrade from the Classic to the Premium package then within a few days it shows in Order History.  

We always take out confirmation of our perks with us but in 25  cruises on X  we have never had a perk or OBC from X or aTA not show up as promised.

1 hour ago, ellie84 said:

Thank you for the advice re upgrading! It’s no doubt very good advice, I am always had multiple issues with their website! So will call them this time to do it! And to check that our perks are at least showing their end! Thanks again for the info!

You're welcome.  Happy sails.😊

I phoned Celebrity to upgrade our complimentary Classic Drinks packages for my wife and the Non Alcoholic Classic Drinks package to the Premium Alcoholic package for all three of us, which was all done and paid for over the phone, I then received an email showing details of  the old Classic Packages and the new upgraded Premium Package. 

The email also shows confirmation that we have pre-paid our gratuities together with details of all our booked speciality dining and excursions that I had booked through the cruise planner.

I've already printed this off to take with me just in case.

7 hours ago, jdacombe said:

I phoned Celebrity to upgrade our complimentary Classic Drinks packages for my wife and the Non Alcoholic Classic Drinks package to the Premium Alcoholic package for all three of us, which was all done and paid for over the phone, I then received an email showing details of  the old Classic Packages and the new upgraded Premium Package. 

The email also shows confirmation that we have pre-paid our gratuities together with details of all our booked speciality dining and excursions that I had booked through the cruise planner.

I always print copies or download to my tablet/phone. I've never needed it, but am convinced that the one time I don't I will wish I had!😉

13 hours ago, jdacombe said:

Thank you for the good advice! Sounds like I’m better off doing it that way then, than attempting to do it online! Especially with the bonus of receiving the additional paperwork over email! I’ll get on to it shortly! Thanks again for the heads up. 🙂

On 5/31/2019 at 12:11 PM, villauk said:

Apart from the OBC from X, the other perks will probably never show on line. Just ensure you have a hard copy showing all your promos and remember to take it with you when you sail (it may be needed at GS should there be any problems).

This is very good advice.  We take our Confirmation sheets with us,  you should have one e mailed to you each time you make a change or add something!