How about a new sticky for this forum, that includes common Celebrity questions?

Mike981

This is not a slam on anyone, I'm sincerely trying to be helpful.

I thought it might help those that don't know how to use the search function, not as internet savvy as some others, or that would like to have one place for basic information of common questions about Celebrity. Keep the information basic and then if a person needs more, they have the basic info and will get better answers to their questions.

Some topic ideas - but not limited to:

• Move Up program
  • Drink package
  • Price Drop
  • Difference between Celebrity and other mass lines

I don't know if it would work, it was a thought from one of the many voices in my head.

Safe travels~ 🙂

• Thanks 1

I don’t think that would work. We’ve had 3 recent threads on price drops and all have gone on to 3+ pages, so I don’t see how a site for subjects would work, they’d turn into monster discussions and those looking for specifics wouldn’t be able to find out their info needed. 

Understand what you are shooting for, but we tend to take subjects and run them not only into the ground, but onto very tenuous connected subjects, and I’m just as bad as everyone else joining in and tapping away. 

Den

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great idea.. 

CC used to gave the dress code thread up top..but now there are  new threads every day.  Also tipping.  Search feature  is functional but many do not bother!

How about a sticky on “What do you hate about the Edge/what do you want changed on the Edge/what have they changed on the Edge/why don’t they make the Edge the same as all the other ships”. 

I realize the idea of the sticky, a good idea really, is to help someone find the info they need without posting the question asked over and over, but if we did this, we wouldn’t be able to post the same responses over and over again, and make the same complaints over and over again. 

So CC would dry up!!

Den

• Haha 2

There is one that was started about 6 Or 7 months ago on the Azamara Board.  Titled Azamara for Newbies,  It is now over 20 pages long.  It didn’t seem to stop the same questions from being posted over and over.    Just  like the  cabin stickies, either folks overlook them, don’t know how to navigate or search.  

Info would get outdated, for example the daily gratuties have gone up at least 3 times since we started sailing, as have the prices of the beverage packages and recently gratuties on drinks changed.  

Good idea but hard to keep it current. 

Edited by jelayne
Typo

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

... I don't know if it would work, it was a thought from one of the many voices in my head...

Howdy Mike!

Just posting the thought from your "voices" on this forum will not "git 'er done". It is impossible for Management to read each post on each thread to see the questions, comments or concerns about Cruise Critic policies or site feedback. As for the Hosts/Moderators, they are not Management nor employed by Cruise Critic. They are non-paid volunteers trying to help "direct traffic" and must follow the Moderator Handbook given to them by the Community Manager.

Questions or comments on the inner workings of Cruise Critic should be sent via e-mail to the Community Manager from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record and not posted on this or any other forum since that violates the Community Guidelines.

... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums.  Your post will be removed and you may receive a Guideline Reminder.  However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com...

An e-mail to the Community Manager is the quickest way for all members to get their questions, comments & concerns about Cruise Critic policies or site feedback to the correct place. The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Hosts/Moderators.

You need to contact the following via e-mail with the thought from your "voices"  😊:

LauraS

Senior Manager, Community

community@cruisecritic.com

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 😺

• Like 1

How many readers look at the Sticky’s?   I ignore them. 

On one forum I use to frequent the sticky’s took up about 3/4 of the page and the same sticky’s were on every page not just the first one.

if it wasn’t for questions about tips, drink package and etc the forum wouldn’t have any activity and really all of that is covered on Celebrities website.  The only difference is what the main office wants or claims may not be how the ship interprets or offers, similar to how politicians operate.   

Those questions  may seem to be redundant but the answers are what is reality and what passengers have experienced.  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TxCityKat said:

Howdy Mike!

Just posting the thought from your "voices" on this forum will not "git 'er done". It is impossible for Management to read each post on each thread to see the questions, comments or concerns about Cruise Critic policies or site feedback. As for the Hosts/Moderators, they are not Management nor employed by Cruise Critic. They are non-paid volunteers trying to help "direct traffic" and must follow the Moderator Handbook given to them by the Community Manager.

Questions or comments on the inner workings of Cruise Critic should be sent via e-mail to the Community Manager from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record and not posted on this or any other forum since that violates the Community Guidelines.

Kat 😺

Thank you for the information. Trust me, I didn't mean to make anymore work for anyone and certainly would not intentionally break forum rules, like I said it was the voices.

I actually have read the guidelines many years ago. Like they say, good memory, just short.

3 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

... Trust me, I didn't mean to make anymore work for anyone and certainly would not intentionally break forum rules, like I said it was the voices...

You are most welcome and no problem!  Note the pro/con exchanges so far from our fellow members. That's what it is all about in this community!

Again, from the Community Guidelines:

... Cruise Critic's Community is comprised of people who absolutely LOVE cruising.

We all benefit from the exchange of advice that takes place within our Cruise Community; this is a cooperative effort which depends on all of you to make it work well...

Happy sails to all,

Kat 😺

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

............it was a thought from one of the many voices in my head.

Safe travels~ 🙂

Whenever I tell people ‘The Voices’ in my head are back, I tell them not to worry, ‘They’ haven’t mentioned you.....yet!

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 2

I think that one thing which can help slow down the volumes of 'similar' questions, would be if those with beverage package questions, dining questions (program specific), etc.. would read X's website first as it contains lots of answers, overall.

Yet, I do understand there are quite a few 'experience' specific questions which are not on X's website, as well...

Sometimes, on the first few pages here on CC, one can find info/input on many questions, so no search function acuity needed.

Good ideas all, regardless.

bon voyage

• Like 1