Fate of Empress and Majesty of the Seas?

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Gotta love those 90 sqft cabins

John....

I got this one in August....doesnt look too bad. My first cabin without a balcony. Was only $1210 all in for eight nights. Leslie couldn't make it, so bringing my mom. She gets the large bed...i'll sleep in the corner. 😆

23 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

John....

I got this one in August....doesnt look too bad. My first cabin without a balcony. Was only $1210 all in for eight nights. Leslie couldn't make it, so bringing my mom. She gets the large bed...i'll sleep in the corner. 😆

Is that the one by the aft elevators.  🤔 Laura has that cabin next month. I think I paid around $200 for the upcharge for an 8 night. 😉

39 minutes ago, death_star said:

Did anyone else read this and think hey what's my prime membership get me?

Wonder if they'd be of any use to virgin. 

They might if you use URComped, as Prime offer would get you a Brazilian cruise on MSC, and even Crystal cruises through URComped, based on your offer.

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Is that the one by the aft elevators.  🤔 Laura has that cabin next month. I think I paid around $200 for the upcharge for an 8 night. 😉

So what are the best cabins window on Empress for me and my son.  I need to plug in a sleep pap, and he just needs to be further away from me.  👀 Advice needddl...probablyone if the last Empress rides during CHRISTMAS.

Thanks 

Does anyone have solid information on the Empress cruise booked Dec 23th oceanview. Was told would get to keep that cruise with new donation and 50% of fare paid will credit back to credit card. 

Are there other options like credit back 50% and upgrade to anither ship in a balcony room? 

Just don't have any information and the price if the original trip had dropped a bunch to.. Help or comments please. 

I see these ships joining the Pullmantur fleet in the future. RC will not scrap them just transfer them. Pullmantur  is 49% owned by RC International and this is were older ship end up when rotated out of the main RCI fleet. This is where MS Sovereign and MS Monarch found homes.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 95south said:

I see these ships joining the Pullmantur fleet in the future. RC will not scrap them just transfer them. Pullmantur  is 49% owned by RC International and this is were older ship end up when rotated out of the main RCI fleet. This is where MS Sovereign and MS Monarch found homes.  

The overwhelming majority here know about Sovereign & Monarch.  This isn't a secret.

In fact, that's where Empress came back from.  Majesty was on her way to Pullmantur when the Cuba blitz started and they stopped it.  They gave her the revamp they insisted she wasn't getting and kept her in the RC fleet instead.  I can't imagine anyone thinking they are headed to the scrap yard for many more years.

Edited by poncho1973
stupid words

5 hours ago, poncho1973 said:

The overwhelming majority here know about Sovereign & Monarch.  This isn't a secret.

In fact, that's where Empress came back from.  Majesty was on her way to Pullmantur when the Cuba blitz started and they stopped it.  They gave her the revamp they insisted she wasn't getting and kept her in the RC fleet instead.  I can't imagine anyone thinking they are headed to the scrap yard for many more years.

Oh, I didn't see the part of my post where I said that was a secret.

5 hours ago, poncho1973 said:

My impression was that Majesty was on the way to Pulmantur way before Cuba became possible.  However they changed their mind because Pulmantur was not doing well enough to absorb another ship.

49 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

My impression was that Majesty was on the way to Pulmantur way before Cuba became possible.  However they changed their mind because Pulmantur was not doing well enough to absorb another ship.

This was my understanding also. This is why I believe the remaining Vision class ships will be around for some time. The resale market doesn't seem as strong as it used to be either. HAL has had some of it's older ships on the market for years without getting any or acceptable offers.

Edited by coaster

56 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I think we're mostly in agreement. 

Majesty was on her way a long time before, the 3rd sister leaving.  I read some articles at the time, some on Pulmantur's site, and it seemed like the Cuba thing was what caused the brakes to be applied.  It happened before the Cuba news broke, but I'm guessing that Royal probably had some clues that it might happen. 

It doesn't mean FOR SURE that it was the only and final reason, but since she's doing those runs (or was until things got sticky) it seems like there was a good reason.  Then when they brought Empress back for the exact same runs and blatantly said she was coming back for that reason, it seemed to solidify the reason for the return of Majesty.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:33 AM, Tapi said:

Royal could explore smaller US based ports of embarkation like Carnival has successfully done with some of its older ships. Jacksonville, Mobile, and Charleston have all brought new life to Carnival’s older ships while generating revenue and making cruising accessible and affordable to a sliver of the population that lives within a short driving distance of these ports. Many cruisers who sail from these smaller ports are first time cruisers who are more interested in affordability and convenience than in the bells and whistles of the larger, newer ships.

Mobile is a Great port but I'd LOVE to see Royal come back to New Orleans!!

• Like 1

With RCI purchasing Grand Lucyan on Freeport and who knows, the possibility of CoCo Cay being on overnight stop, I can see the Empress and Majesty being the "FERRY" type of transportation, like what exists at the Port of Palm Beach. (The Grand Classica and it's sister ship.). Just a thought!

Edited by jodrealtor
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jodrealtor said:

With RCI purchasing Grand Lucyan on Freeport and who knows, the possibility of CoCo Cay being on overnight stop, I can see the Empress and Majesty being the "FERRY" type of transportation, like what exists at the Port of Palm Beach. (The Grand Classica and it's sister ship.). Just a thought!

Interesting idea