Is there a clock?

We will shortly be in a balcony cabin on the Anthem. Is there a clock beside the bed?  If not is there an outlet beside the bed (one or both sides) that I can plug into? First time on Anthem. Appreciate any info or advice. 

3 minutes ago, walkerspt said:

Thank you. Is the time on the clock visible at night?

No, it's not.

If I may suggest- if you have a smart phone, you can use it as your night clock.  That's what we use.  A simple stand and it plugged in for a charge.  Since you have that already, it's one less additional thing to carry.

1 hour ago, Croozin Soozin said:

No clock, but single outlet on one side of the bed. I think the phone on the other side of the bed also displays the time. 

Is this just on Anthem?

Can't say I have ever seen an outlet by the bed. Would be useful for charging if so.

3 minutes ago, icsys said:

Is this just on Anthem?

Can't say I have ever seen an outlet by the bed. Would be useful for charging if so.

We had a suite on Anthem and there was definitely an outlet by my side of the bed. I used it to charge my phone and set the alarm clock on my phone. My husband was a little annoyed that there was no outlet on his side of the bed!

17 minutes ago, icsys said:

Is this just on Anthem?

It’s apparently only on the newer ships, Anthem being one of them.  There are also USB ports by the desk, which really come in handy. 

Edited by Croozin Soozin

2 hours ago, walkerspt said:

We will shortly be in a balcony cabin on the Anthem. Is there a clock beside the bed?  If not is there an outlet beside the bed (one or both sides) that I can plug into? First time on Anthem. Appreciate any info or advice. 

We were just in a balcony on Anthem in April and can confirm what others have said, there is an outlet on one side of the bed, two USB ports by the desk, one or two regular outlets by the desk and a European outlet by the desk. There is also a low voltage outlet in the bathroom for razors.

I don’t know if things have changed, but years ago an electric plug in clock would gain or lose time as the current fluctuated.  I have a small battery clock I usually keep in our guest room that I take on vacation.

We use a battery powered travel clock. Electric clocks (used) to be unreliable as ATG mentioned. I have no idea if they still are.  My husband uses his phone. Which is fine, as long as it doesn't reset to local time with WiFi or cellular.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dajbman22 said:

The phones in the staterooms display the time, but otherwise no clock in the room. 

Not on all the ships. We were just on Vision and no clock on that phone...Perhaps because it's an older ship.

I can back up what the others said about not using a plug in clock. As the week went on I was later and later for things before finally realizing the clock was losing time. Now I just leave my phone by the bed as a clock/alarm, and plug it in to recharge during the day if needed. 

I've been using a small travel digital clock (battery operated) for all my cruise trips. Sure, I have my cell phone with me during these trips, but I have the travel digital clock displayed on the nightstand, so I can just glance at it when needed. As opposed to tapping my phone everytime I want to see the time.

I got it at Ikea many years ago, and it doesn't look like they sell that version anymore. But it also has a night illumination button.

EDIT - found an old article from 2005 about the clock. Wow, I've had this clock for 14 years! And after reading the article, I had no idea you could record a voice alarm message on it haha

http://nymag.com/nymetro/shopping/columns/bestbets/daily/thursday/11684/

Edited by MLBFan24

18 hours ago, icsys said:

Is this just on Anthem?

I seem to remember all of the Oasis class ships that we’ve been on so far, have had an outlet by the bed. DH didn’t need an extension cord for his cpap.

Recommendation for those using a cell phone for a clock:

Change the time settings from "automatic" to "manual" at the beginning of the cruise.  This allows you to make sure your phone is always on Ship Time and you don't have to worry about the time changing based on the ship's cell towers or the cell towers in ports. 

Also turn on Airplane Mode to avoid unexpected data and cell roaming charges (and double-check it any time you restart your phone, to make sure it doesn't default back to normal). 

When you get back on the mainland at the end of the cruise, you can switch back to the automatic setting.