Does the bottled water package ever go "on sale"?

We're looking to buy the 24 pack of water for my husband and I for our 8-day Bliss cruise in December. Should we plan on just forking out the $54 now or does NCL ever run promotions on their water packages? Would it be cheaper to wait until our first day on board? We would only do that for significant savings, as we were hoping to have the water in our room starting from the first day. TIA!

People people you are not drinking premier bottled salt water direct from the ocean under the hull of the ship !

Buy a bottle of NCL water - drink it gone - and refill it at the Buffet (using the usual health hygiene protocol).

You now have the bottle to refill when empty. You don't need 24 1 liter bottles of emptiness Well maybe 2 !

In lieu of this bring your own EMPTY bottles to fill with the Buffet spirits - it is not going to kill you !

The water issue is overblown - sure it may lack fluoride iodine and whatever buzz that make water buzz like at home !

Some peoples water at home I wouldn't write home to drink about it  - that place in Michigan or at the end of the

Mississippi delta.

Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink - a sailors nightmare - but the ship's water will get you back to your

norm - that oasis in the middle of your very own personal desert at least for the duration of the cruise.

None of the water on the ship will cause side-effects like what happened to that witch in the Wizard of Oz - there

will be no melt downs.

But as usual Y M M V with your very own personal tastes - who has a PHD in water tasting be careful of what

that charlatan will sell you !  NCL has water to sell you - enough noted here !

Oh you can't bring your own on board !

Of course you knew that !

Laughing my way fading to black - - - - - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

I have never seen any promotional price for the water package.  Remember, they are 1 liter bottles so you might not need as much as you think.  The ship's water is good and available from any bar and in the buffet as well.

Good to know, thanks! My husband drinks a TON of water so honestly I do think we’d go through the full 24. That does remind me I should try to calculate how much he actually drinks a day...it’s definitely more than two liters. We will also probably bring a few small hydro flasks onboard for when we want to carry around something smaller.

I’ll drink tap but he absolutely won’t, so we definitely will need to buy a case! Thank you!

47 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

People people you are not drinking premier bottled salt water direct from the ocean under the hull of the ship !

Buy a bottle of NCL water - drink it gone - and refill it at the Buffet (using the usual health hygiene protocol).

You now have the bottle to refill when empty. You don't need 24 1 liter bottles of emptiness Well maybe 2 !

In lieu of this bring your own EMPTY bottles to fill with the Buffet spirits - it is not going to kill you !

The water issue is overblown - sure it may lack fluoride iodine and whatever buzz that make water buzz like at home !

Some peoples water at home I wouldn't write home to drink about it  - that place in Michigan or at the end of the

Mississippi delta.

Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink - a sailors nightmare - but the ship's water will get you back to your

norm - that oasis in the middle of your very own personal desert at least for the duration of the cruise.

None of the water on the ship will cause side-effects like what happened to that witch in the Wizard of Oz - there

will be no melt downs.

But as usual Y M M V with your very own personal tastes - who has a PHD in water tasting be careful of what

that charlatan will sell you !  NCL has water to sell you - enough noted here !

Oh you can't bring your own on board !

Of course you knew that !

Laughing my way fading to black - - - - - 

My husband will only drink bottled, so I’m afraid it’s a necessity. Honestly even if we could bring our own onboard we probably wouldn’t because of the hassle of transporting it. We’re fine with chalking the $54 to a “stupid vacation expense”!

• Haha 1

We sailed to Norway from Southampton last summer. Since it was 12 days, I purchased 2 cases. We only went through one case and put the full, unwrapped case out with our luggage the night before we docked. When we got down to get our bags, the case was ripped open and half of the bottles were missing. We were in a Suite so our luggage was in the "priority pick up area" which was near the front and I think people just reached in and took it as they passed by. I would recommend getting it but don't over estimate what you will really drink!

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 9:08 AM, happygolucky62 said:

We sailed to Norway from Southampton last summer. Since it was 12 days, I purchased 2 cases. We only went through one case and put the full, unwrapped case out with our luggage the night before we docked. When we got down to get our bags, the case was ripped open and half of the bottles were missing. We were in a Suite so our luggage was in the "priority pick up area" which was near the front and I think people just reached in and took it as they passed by. I would recommend getting it but don't over estimate what you will really drink!

Oh no!! That's really unfortunate!

We go through 5 gallons in three days between the two of us, which is about 4 liters. Maybe a 12 pack would do for the eight days after all. I would be so upset to spend the money and have people steal our bottles!

On 6/13/2019 at 5:44 AM, kylielkinnaman said:

We will also probably bring a few small hydro flasks onboard for when we want to carry around something smaller.

I’ll drink tap but he absolutely won’t, so we definitely will need to buy a case! Thank you!

My husband will only drink bottled, so I’m afraid it’s a necessity.

Ship tap water is not like city tap water. It is normally a combination of water taken on board and water made on board. It is highly filtered, and has no taste, especially if you have a bottle filed at a bar or at the buffet. I would suggest that buying a refillable water bottle with a built in Brita filter will get him exatly what he wants an will save you some money in the long run.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, kylielkinnaman said:

We're looking to buy the 24 pack of water for my husband and I for our 8-day Bliss cruise in December. Should we plan on just forking out the $54 now or does NCL ever run promotions on their water packages? Would it be cheaper to wait until our first day on board? We would only do that for significant savings, as we were hoping to have the water in our room starting from the first day. TIA!

I always buy it ahead of time so its in the room when we get there, but it is the same price on-board.  You just need to go to any bar and order, and it will be delivered to your room sometime that day.

I am presently on the Breakaway and am paying as we go $5.50 + $1.10 mandatory gratuity = $6.60 for 1 liter of Acgua Panna Italian water in a plastic  bottle.  And No , they have not offered a special on water and we are on day 6, maybe tomorrow before we get off.

1 hour ago, kylielkinnaman said:

Oh no!! That's really unfortunate!

We go through 5 gallons in three days between the two of us, which is about 4 liters. Maybe a 12 pack would do for the eight days after all. I would be so upset to spend the money and have people steal our bottles!

5 gallons is approx 19 liters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was on the Escape last June and there were 4 of us in the cabin.  I ordered the 24 pack of water thinking that since my one son only drinks water, we'd go through a lot of it.  We ended up jamming half of it in our suitcases on the last night because we had so much water left.  This year I ordered the 12 pack instead.  I think 24 is wayyyyy toooo much water for 2 people.

I've got 24 bottles for my next cruise on the bliss in October. the water of the ship is good, but there s still a little salt and my ankles and feet swoop when I drink water and not in bottles.

• Like 2

Just got off Breakaway June 9 sailing.  We did not buy the water package and spent $144 for 7 days. Please be advised to not purchase your water until after you leave any US port. Our first bottle was subject to an additional 7% sales tax. No sales tax was levied after we left Miami. On one bottle the sales tax is insignificant, but check before you purchase your packages of anything. We drank a lot of water since we did not drink anything else.

DH and I ordered the 24 pack on our last 7 day warm weather cruise.  We both drink 1-2 liters normally at home so this package was perfect for us.  

I have already bought the same package for our October 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise.

Edited by mopedmom1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mopedmom1 said:

DH and I ordered the 24 pack on our last 7 day warm weather cruise.  We both drink 1-2 liters normally at home so this package was perfect for us.  

I have already bought the same package for our October 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise.

Yeah I really think this’ll be perfect for us too. With the UBP, we’ll want to have enough water at our disposal!

22 hours ago, kylielkinnaman said:

Yeah I really think this’ll be perfect for us too. With the UBP, we’ll want to have enough water at our disposal!

My husband has to watch his sodium intake so we take a bottle with us to dinner. I question how much salt remains in the ship's processed water.  He will have a couple adult beverages throughout the day but rarely with a meal.

• Like 1

I always order water for my room before I go...for a week cruise the 6 bottles is more than enough... remember you can always get a glass of water at a bar, at the buffet or at dinner...and you can fill an empty bottle at the buffet. Last cruise, we only drank 3 of them and ended up leaving 1 in the room and took the other 2 home. Won't you be drinking other beverages also?

Edited by C cruise

1 hour ago, C cruise said:

I always order water for my room before I go...for a week cruise the 6 bottles is more than enough... remember you can always get a glass of water at a bar, at the buffet or at dinner...and you can fill an empty bottle at the buffet. Last cruise, we only drank 3 of them and ended up leaving 1 in the room and took the other 2 home. Won't you be drinking other beverages also?

You are very fortunate. We chose only to drink the Italian Acqua Penna in the liter bottles. Everyone has different preferences . We would have preferred the Acqua Penna in glass bottles, like on the Italian MSC line. We settled for the plastic liter bottles instead on the Breakaway. It has to be psychological, but we find it better tasting. No ice, no tap, no juices, no coffee, just in case the ship's distiller apparatus is not working properly. We learned to brush our teeth in the bottled water as well. You learn this after years of cruising the world, and witnessing your fellow cruisers getting sick. On one cruise years ago in the Orient we became friends with the pianist at the piano bar on a 6 week cruise, who told us not to drink the ship's water, that the distiller was prone to break regularly. White wine will also do in a pinch.

Hi

Just wondering. Why would people go to the trouble of trying to take the water home. 

Just because NCL overcharges for it doesn't mean it has any significant value once you leave the ship and it is heavy. Maybe if it was a case of wine bottles. 🙂 🥂

Got to admit, I drink tap water at home and do the same on the ships. I carry an insulated flask most places and refill it when necessary. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

Just wondering. Why would people go to the trouble of trying to take the water home. 

Just because NCL overcharges for it doesn't mean it has any significant value once you leave the ship and it is heavy. Maybe if it was a case of wine bottles. 🙂 🥂

Got to admit, I drink tap water at home and do the same on the ships. I carry an insulated flask most places and refill it when necessary. 

I take it home because I paid for it, and I paid a pretty price.  I wasn't going to just abandon it.  I was able to jam it in my luggage and the only time I had to move my luggage myself was once I got through customs and had to wheel it outside to wait for my car service.  It was no big deal.

• Like 1