Sunset Veranda staterooms - Reflection

Les43

Currently looking at the Scandinavia and St Petersburg cruise in Aug 2020. Plenty Sunset Veranda cabins available but cant see any reviews - particularly looking for information on balcony size and noise etc. Anyone have any advice`/

Can't help with Reflection, but we did SV on Solstice and it immediately became our favorite stateroom.  We were on deck 8... right in the middle of the row.  My stateroom (#8344) had a very wide balcony due to a attendant closet next to me.  There was a bit of concern about noise, but I never heard anything.  Also read that soot is sometimes a concern on a SV balcony, but we had none of that.

I have SVs booked for upcoming cruises on Edge and Equinox...you'll love it!

P.S.   SVs are a great way to burn off extra calories!!!

6314, 7366, 8348 and 9384 are the SV cabins on Reflection with the larger balconies, and are the cabins 4 to the left of the corner Sky Suites on the port side. We actually moved up to 1222, a C1 right above 9384 which is what I originally booked, when I caught a price drop before our cruise April 1  No soot or noise issues whatsoever on our cruise. The balconies are about 50% wider than the other aft balconies. Once you’ve sailed on one, you’ll be hooked. 

Chuck

F436B8B6-EFCE-40D1-875F-A79A2CDD9B53.jpeg

Edited by ChuckL

On 6/15/2019 at 6:50 AM, ChuckL said:

6314, 7366, 8348 and 9384 are the SV cabins on Reflection with the larger balconies, and are the cabins 4 to the left of the corner Sky Suites on the port side. We actually moved up to 1222, a C1 right above 9384 which is what I originally booked, when I caught a price drop before our cruise April 1  No soot or noise issues whatsoever on our cruise. The balconies are about 50% wider than the other aft balconies. Once you’ve sailed on one, you’ll be hooked. 

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. Does this mean the rooms themselves are also wider? Don’t suppose you have any photos of the actual balcony size? 

14 minutes ago, Les43 said:

Thanks Chuck. Does this mean the rooms themselves are also wider? Don’t suppose you have any photos of the actual balcony size? 

The rooms are the same size as the other sunset verandas. The balconies are wider because of a cabin attendant closet that is between the cabin and the one next door. The picture I’m attaching gives somewhat of an idea of the difference in balcony sizes. It looks down at the balconies below ours and you can sort of see the ones to the right and left being smaller than the ones directly below ours.

AE527D42-A08D-4379-BAFD-A63431370037.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2019 at 12:50 AM, ChuckL said:

Chuck

We just booked 8348 on the transatlantic for next year and thanks to you we are looking forward to our extra wide balcony!  So glad I found this thread before we booked!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, karen&kevin said:

We just booked 8348 on the transatlantic for next year and thanks to you we are looking forward to our extra wide balcony!  So glad I found this thread before we booked!

I think that you will enjoy the larger balcony and the wonderful aft view from the center of the ship  Have a great cruise and crossing!

We loved 7366 also! The balcony is wider plus it's on the same floor as the Hideaway's coffee and hot tea (self serve) area, so that makes it super easy to take some back to the stateroom (cup of herbal tea for me every night please!):

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-reflection-621/the-hideaway-132092/the-hideaway--v7544913/

The Hideaway is also a nice place to lounge while waiting for the rooms to open, as evidenced by our friend who was sailing beside us in 7319 LOL

Silly 7366 Henry Waiting to Board.jpg

5 minutes ago, 39august said:

How much coverage is there on these balconies or are they completely open? We like to have shade on the balcony and at least enough "roof" to sit out during a gentle rain. 

The aft balconies are primarily open.  There is a slight overhang right above the door but probably 12-15”. Nothing to provide enough cover to sit outside in the rain.

Since the aft of the ship is slanted the aft balconies can look down on those below and folks at the rail of the Sunset bar can look down on all the balconies except Deck 12 which is covered.  If you are sitting near the door folks above can’t really see you but once you move to the center of the balcony you are in view from above. 

It didn’t bother us but we make sure to have clothes on before venturing onto the balcony- sometimes folks forget😮

• 4 months later...
On 8/30/2019 at 12:07 PM, karen&kevin said:

Agreed! I just booked it for the Norwegian Fjords cruise in July 2021!! Super excited to see the pictures!!

8 minutes ago, Decpl said:

We did sunset on Silhouette , we loved it. Be prepared for long walk to the theater . Really quiet back there. Had some soot but not a real problem.

Stern Wash.jpg

Nice shot!

Walking distance is so relative! I live in NYC and walk everywhere (I live 4 blocks from the school where I teach, so I walk that twice a day - far longer than a ship) so the length of a ship is nothing to me. Lol. But I get that for people who do not live in high walk areas things that are nothing to me are long.