Confusing Beverage Packages NCL

I know that this topic may have already been done to death; but, it seems like NCL changes the names of their packages more often that I change the oil in my car.

Our reservation shows that we have the Adult Beverage Package.

Try searching for this on the NCL web site (which, by the way, is awful). You may as well be trying to find the location of the Holy Grail.

You can find "Premium  Beverage Package" which is described as the new name for the old "Ultimate Beverage Package".

So, what in the world is the "Adult Beverage Package"?

My research shows "They're the same thing. Online and in marketing they call it the Ultimate Beverage Package. . .but on documents and confirmations they call it the Adult Beverage Package"

Recently it was renamed "Premium  Beverage Package" .

All names for the same thing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

I know that this topic may have already been done to death; but, it seems like NCL changes the names of their packages more often that I change the oil in my car.

Our reservation shows that we have the Adult Beverage Package.

Try searching for this on the NCL web site (which, by the way, is awful). You may as well be trying to find the location of the Holy Grail.

You can find "Premium  Beverage Package" which is described as the new name for the old "Ultimate Beverage Package".

So, what in the world is the "Adult Beverage Package"?

All the same thing. The name changes have been made to try to clarify what is included since NCL doesn't include coffee or bottled water in their package, but does include soft drinks.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

So NCL thinks that soda is an "adult" beverage but coffee and water aren't? I think it's more likely that they just want to keep people confused.

I quite agree. That way they can try a "shell game" when you try to find out if a particular drink is included.

37 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

I quite agree. That way they can try a "shell game" when you try to find out if a particular drink is included.

The characterization of a "shell game" is invalid. While the name of the promotion has been changed to help improve clarity, the way the package actually works has not changed. 

Adult Beverage Package = Premium Beverage Package = Ultimate Beverage Package

They are all different names for the same thing. While the naming is a bit confusing, nothing about the package itself has changed. The only *new* concept is the "Premium Plus Beverage Package" that was recently added. I honestly don't know how that package is reflected on eDocs and Vacation Summaries once purchased, since I have not bought it. The basic package has continued to work just fine for me.

My very misunderstanding of the NCL beverage programs packages delusions - - -

Posted to thoroughly confuse disorient the NCL drinker - with the idea of much further banter and discussion -

Will get to the bottom of this hic-cup - make mine a double - the usual

The beverage packages programs:

Soda Package - soft drinks

Corks -n- Caps - beer and wine and above soft drinks

Premium Beverage Package (Adult beverage package ?)- alcoholic drinks under $15 and all the above

Unlimited* - Ultimate*  Old labels terminology retired ?

Premium PLUS Beverage Package - drinks over $15 Specialty Coffee and all of the above

Side programs - not packages:

Viva Vino - purchase of select NCL wines

Buckets of Beer buy 5 get 6th free

1 hour ago, Kenny1080 said:

Do you still get speciality coffee in dining rooms with the free package?

You never did. It was an extra that we got in the U.K. under all inclusive in addition to the UBP. With all inclusive being discontinued the water, coffee and juice are not now included. We just get the standard UBP.

having said that, even before all inclusive I found it was relatively rare for them to actually bother charging for a coffee, even though they said they would.

Edited by KeithJenner