Steakhouse

On 7/3/2019 at 1:03 PM, coevan said:

thanks, good to know, has to be a really good wine. You could not decant the free wine enough to make it good 😁

this is true, but a noble effort....

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, xtraquispe said:

So is there free wine the first night or no?  We were debating on booking and that was pushing us towards yes.  We cruise next month on the magic. Anyone have updated info on this.  Thank you!

Yes, you will receive a free bottle of house wine on the first night and first elegant night.  If you prefer to select an alternate bottle of wine, you will pay 50% of the price for that bottle.  We always select the free bottle of red, and have never been disappointed.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 7:45 PM, coevan said:

I believe we live in parallel culinary universes. You must think Outback and Texas Roadhouse have good steak. Sorry, to us the the service is miles above the harried MDR. The steaks are aged USDA Prime in line with Morton's or Ruths Chris, which are about $50 ala carte. Plus, soup, salad, appetizer and dessert, what a bargain. BTW, Lobster Bisque can be made as a puree and has no chunks of lobster, so do. We go at least twice a week, definitely chaotic MDR night one. 

Carnival steakhouse is still the best steaks I have ever had - land or sea.  I totally agree with your comments, worth every penny!

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:54 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

im a sucker for pay restaurants on cruise ships, but ive only dined at them on NCL and MSC...although we did catch the free lunch at the Italian joint on the Breeze. it was good. 

i was surprised to learn the steakhouse on Magic is $38pp. thoughts? 

Hi we did a review of the 555 Steakhouse......if you are hungry do not order the Surf&Turf 😥😥

On 6/15/2019 at 10:54 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

We have dined in Royal's, Carnival's, and most recently MSC steakhouse. I realize that things vary a little from ship to ship and cruise to cruise but of the three we prefer Carnival but by a slim margin over Royal. It has gotten expensive over the years though.

I have enjoyed the steak house with the old menu and am looking forward to having it again when I sail the Liberty at the end of the month.    Thanks for sharing the tips.  Can anyone tell me what the pork appetizer is like?   

21 hours ago, Jenn1974 said:

I have enjoyed the steak house with the old menu and am looking forward to having it again when I sail the Liberty at the end of the month.    Thanks for sharing the tips.  Can anyone tell me what the pork appetizer is like?   

On 7/1/2019 at 3:56 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Some starters we tried:

Stuffed mushrooms - VERY good (ordered a second evening)

Oysters - good sized, very nice presentation. Might get again...

Bone Marrow and Tartare - Very tasty - Will get again

Pork Belly - I've had pork belly at several places, all have been melt-in-your-mouth... until this one (and smaller portion too)

Tuna Tartare - VERY good - will definitely order this again.

20190628_180148.jpg

20190628_180152.jpg

20190628_181617.jpg

20190629_180038.jpg

20190630_175655.jpg

----------------------

Basically - I'll never order the Pork Belly appetizer on Carnival again!

Tom