What people on the Vista will recieve

Crusin Hogs

From FB   per JH   , This is for the ship's slow speed and missing a port  ,Cruise is extended 1 day 

An extra fun day at sea, service gratuity included!
• An onboard credit US$200, per person, was posted to their Sail & Sign® account
• A 50% future cruise credit will be provided for each guest so they can sail with us again
• A complimentary day will be added for any guest who has purchased our 7-day internet, CHEERS! or Bottomless Bubbles packages
• Reimbursement of up to US$200, per person, for any air-related change fees.
• A refund of any pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions and the taxes, fees and port expenses for Mahogany Bay

• Like 1

$200 OBC and an extra sea day to use it? This could get ugly around the bars, lol.

I see Carnival as doing the right thing here and the passengers should be happy with the outcome, even though they missed a port.

• Like 1

I’m on the boat leaving when they get back.  We’re to be told Tue night what’s going to happen for us.  I’ve heard it’ll be shorter as this boat had to leave late.  It was a 7 so best guess is a 5 day.  I’ve not had a cruise changed or canceled so I’m unsure what to expect them to offer?  Anyone else have ideas?

While the compensation is not too bad, it really depends on the people.  For me personally, not sure I'd be ok with it.  Extra vacation day (would mess with other vacation days), the airlines would likely charge more for rebooking that what is offered, if the flights are full, might be another day or two (so more vacation time) and hotel/food.....  

Good deal for retired and/or within driving distance folks.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, young_ens said:

While the compensation is not too bad, it really depends on the people.  For me personally, not sure I'd be ok with it.  Extra vacation day (would mess with other vacation days), the airlines would likely charge more for rebooking that what is offered, if the flights are full, might be another day or two (so more vacation time) and hotel/food.....  

Have you read the ticket contract? The compensation offered is much more than what would be owed.

11 hours ago, young_ens said:

Carnival is also going to compensate for airfare changes 

Edited by Bookbug53

12 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Have you read the ticket contract? The compensation offered is much more than what would be owed.

I read what Heald said was covered, the extras I listed he did not mention.  Not sure why he would not list those in his long post.  If you have a link to these extras, add it please.  

All that being said, I'd much rather not have to go through the trouble of rebooking, lodging after a cruise.  I'm usually spent at the end (vacations are supposed to be relaxing, but we go-go-go!) and would not be in a mood to do this.  Flights originally booked would be direct and convenient, would be shocked if I could get that last minute.

1 hour ago, Bookbug53 said:

Carnival is also going to compensate for airfare changes 

Up to 200, which would only be to change the flight for us, nothing more (Canadian government is good at saying stuff but far too lax to actually do anything, flight changes cost us a lot....)

7 hours ago, Whatnah78 said:

Yeah and the next cruise is screwed

Maybe, maybe not. With what they gave the current cruise I'd expect the next cruise to make out at least as good if not better since they'll not only be losing ports, but days as well. It'll be interesting to see how Carnival handles the next cruise. 

Edited by Rudyard
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 8:24 PM, BlerkOne said:

None of that really matters if you are a business owner or have a job where your presence is critical to the success of the business, and now you are unexpectedly going to miss another day at work. 

35 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

None of that really matters if you are a business owner or have a job where your presence is critical to the success of the business, and now you are unexpectedly going to miss another day at work. 

Things happen. What exactly could theybe have done to make sure that every single person is not inconvenienced in some way?? 

1 hour ago, Rudyard said:

Maybe, maybe not. With what they gave the current cruise I'd expect the next cruise to make out at least as good if not better since they'll not only be losing ports, but days as well. It'll be interesting to see how Carnival handles the next cruise. 

Should be good for them too. I know that it's not exactly what they signed up for, but things happen.

All of us know when we book a cruise that these things happen, and there is a chance it will happen to us. If people aren't willing to accept that, then they shouldn't cruise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lottacruises said:

Things happen. What exactly could theybe have done to make sure that every single person is not inconvenienced in some way?? 

I was responding to a post that implied this was a good situation to be in based on compensation Carnival is offering. While I have no issue with how Carnival handled the situation, my point is there are people who will likely be negatively impacted by their job, so it isn’t a good situation for everyone. 

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:55 PM, young_ens said:

This could happen even if you don't take a cruise and you wouldn't get this type of compensation.   When traveling back from Great Exuma in April there were major weather delays.  We eventually got to Miami but missed our connection.  We ended up having to spend the night and fly home the next morning.   While American put us on the next flight and there was no charge, we did have to pay for the hotel, meals and take another vacation day.   I had travel insurance which covered the hotel and meals, but I ended up working a Saturday to "make-up" my hours so I wouldn't lose the vacation day.

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Actually, you can be a pretty meaningless employee to a large company and get in trouble over something like this. I once had my hours cut (permanently) because I had the flu...

The compensation is nice though and the extra time at sea, well, the ship can't do much about that. 

We’re onboard the Vista this week... we were okay with the changes and the offer Carnival made... the mood on this cruise is quite mixed though- some, like us, are okay with an 8 day cruise and $400 OBC (2 people), plus 50% of what we spent on this cruise toward the next one... but others have complained about just about everything! It’s too hot (uhhh, we’re in the Caribbean in June, people!), it’s too crowded (I found the exact opposite in fact most places), food is awful (MDR okay, I’ll give them that, it’s been just meh, but everywhere else has been great).

i can confirm that the Liquid Lounge sight lines are pretty awful but we think the shows are better! 

I can can also confirm that in addition to those things I mentioned above, Carnival is offering up to a $200 airfare change compensation. Also, they are communicating with the parking lots in Galveston to cover the additional day of parking.

All in all, it’s a great cruise so far! I am disappointed to miss Matt Mitcham this week... Cookie Adams is okay but he’s no Matt!

But I think it is what you make of it and I’m spending time with my family while someone else cooks and cleans for me! Not complaining!

im interested to hear what happens with the next cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

We’re onboard the Vista this week... we were okay with the changes and the offer Carnival made... the mood on this cruise is quite mixed though- some, like us, are okay with an 8 day cruise and $400 OBC (2 people), plus 50% of what we spent on this cruise toward the next one... but others have complained about just about everything! It’s too hot (uhhh, we’re in the Caribbean in June, people!), it’s too crowded (I found the exact opposite in fact most places), food is awful (MDR okay, I’ll give them that, it’s been just meh, but everywhere else has been great).

i can confirm that the Liquid Lounge sight lines are pretty awful but we think the shows are better! 

I can can also confirm that in addition to those things I mentioned above, Carnival is offering up to a $200 airfare change compensation. Also, they are communicating with the parking lots in Galveston to cover the additional day of parking.

All in all, it’s a great cruise so far! I am disappointed to miss Matt Mitcham this week... Cookie Adams is okay but he’s no Matt!

But I think it is what you make of it and I’m spending time with my family while someone else cooks and cleans for me! Not complaining!

im interested to hear what happens with the next cruise!

Thanks for taking the time to post this recap.

So far Carnival has stated the next cruise will embark the day you return.  No times or itinerary posted yet.

Happy sailing.