TA Free Grats not showing

MF40

Hi there, wondering can anyone shed some light. We are booked on the Equinox in July and received our edoc online. I noticed our additional free grats perk provided by our TA (online booking) isn't showing on the document. I contacted Celebrity and they suggested this was nothing unusual as the perk is being provided by the TA. We've only ever received OBC from a TA before (and know it shows up later) but never Free Grats.

I know I should contact the TA to confirm but just wanted to ask has this happened anyone else?

Thanks in advance

We have never had prepaid gratuties, internet, OBC, etc show up on the edocs.  They are clearly shown on the booking confirmation from the TA, which we take with us.

When we get prepaid gratuties it never has shown as OBC.  We just don’t get a charge to our on-board account for the gratuity.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

Many cruise lines will only show direct benefits from the cruise line on their online account info.  Benefits provided by cruise/travel agents will not show on-line, but will usually manifest themselves within a day or two of embarkation.  We suggest that you take along (on the cruise) any paperwork or print outs of benefits provided by your agent.  In the unlikely event that those extra benefits (such as the pre-paid gratuities mentioned in the OP) do not appear early in the cruise, you should pay a friendly visit to Guest Relations with all your documentation.  This will give the Guest Relations folks the info they need to make some immediate inquiries.  

Hank

We have seen a number of different times the "free" items post.  Lately, the things from the cruise line show up immediately (and sometimes on the pre-cruise paperwork) but the perks from our TA show up on day 2 of the trip.  However, we usually have a note in the cabin informing us of the TA perks that will be posted.   Also, our TA tells us to wait 2 or 3 days and if nothing posts in our account to call them and not to contact the front desk.   Anyway, we have never had a problem with any of our perks.   Enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We have never had prepaid gratuties, internet, OBC, etc show up on the edocs.  They are clearly shown on the booking confirmation from the TA, which we take with us.

When we get prepaid gratuties it never has shown as OBC.  We just don’t get a charge to our on-board account for the gratuity.

The same for us.

In the matter of prepaid gratuities, there's just no charge.

Thank you guys. I kind of hoped the TA grats gift worked the same way as the TA OBC, seems to be the case.

We'll bring the booking confirmation with us, good advice.

Brining the booking confirmation probably won’t resolve the issue if the OBC really never shows up.  Happened to me once, TA offered OBC but X did not give them. I showed my correspondence from the TA which clearly showed that I was to receive the OBC, but X had no record and therefore couldn’t just add them. When I returned home (this was before shipboard WiFi) I contacted TA who was embarrassed  because she had failed to add them to my account with X. She promptly sent me a check for the OBC amount. So if they are not there, don’t waste time arguing with X, and don’t let it t ruin your vacation....just deal with TA upon return...or I suppose now with WiFi you can contact TA during cruise. 

This happened to me once also.  

I still remember how nice Guest Services was.  They said "you're on vacation.  relax.  we'll take care of it."  And they must have contacted the TA or had Miami do it because it did appear.

I'll allow myself to "hijack" this thread regarding a somewhat related question: When I booked our upcoming cruise with a US online travel agent, we received 100$ bonus OBC directly from the TA. The smallprint of these bonus OBC state that they "cannot be used towards onboard service charges". Is this also true with TA OBC on Celebrity, or is it just a standard catch-all term, ie.  the TA also covering "stricter" cruise lines with this term, or can I indeed not use TA OBC to pay the daily gratuities charge from my stateroom account when onboard?