Any Problems with Vibration at the Rear of Arcadia

tring

Looking at a rear balcony cabin on Arcadia.  Can anyone advise me if there is a lot of vibration in that location? 

Have managed with a slight, regular vibration, but we were on one ship when it was irregular - becoming more and less pronounced in a cycle lasting no more than a couple of minutes and drove me mad.  

2 hours ago, tring said:

Looking at a rear balcony cabin on Arcadia.  Can anyone advise me if there is a lot of vibration in that location? 

Have managed with a slight, regular vibration, but we were on one ship when it was irregular - becoming more and less pronounced in a cycle lasting no more than a couple of minutes and drove me mad.  

Arcadia is powered by azipods which should significantly reduce vibration, it's a while since we were on her and I have no memory of whether she had any vibration.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Arcadia is powered by azipods which should significantly reduce vibration, it's a while since we were on her and I have no memory of whether she had any vibration.

We were on her maiden voyage and there was unusual vibration then.

• Thanks 1

We’ve been on the back on B deck and for no vibration. However, last summer we were on E deck and the vibration was significant when we were travelling at 20 or so knots (the whole cabin shook). As others have said, this shouldn’t really happen with azipods, but it did! We wouldn’t book E deck again, but C deck or above should be fine.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

We stayed in E185, by far and away the noisiest rattliest lack of sleepiest cruise that we have ever done.  As others have said, possibly better higher up, E deck was an awful experience.

Thanks for that info, but sorry to hear about your cruise.  I see that is a corner suite, so must have cost you a bit as well.

We are just back from a balcony cabin on the rear port side right by the lifts on C deck - zero vibration, although some people did comment about vibration on the starboard side on that deck at the back. Only noise was a distant very low ping from the lifts

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2019 at 11:55 PM, wowzz said:

Seem to remember a certain amount of vibration when sitting right at the stern in the restaurant.

Agree with that, she certainly vibrates and grinds aft in the MDR with a bit of a sea running.  

• Thanks 1