HAL Seattle pier to airport transfer

DaveOKC

I generally do not take the HAL bus transfers, but thought I might this time on my trip from the Seattle pier 91 to Sec-Tac airport.  I know that it costs a bit more than the flat rate taxi and Uber, but it should be less hassle.  Plus this way I can use up some OBC I have left (hopefully!).

Question - I have a 12:30 PM flight out on SW and have priority disembarkation from the ship.  Will the transfer get me to the airport in plenty of time?  The last time we did a HAL shuttle (Montreal) the bus did not leave until very late in the process and we did not get to the pier until almost Noon.

On our 2016 Alaskan cruise we used the HAL airport transfer.  Our flight was 11:30 am and we made it in plenty of time.  We disembarked around 8am in a very disorganized process.  We lugged our bags on our own and we were at the airport in plenty of time only to find our flight was delayed by an hour. 

Not sure how the process works now as TSA rules seem to have recently changed.  I know back then I had asked my PCC if an 11:30 flight was ok and he suggested anything after 11am is ok.  No harm asking your PCC either.  

Good travels.

22 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yesterday we got off at 8:30, caught a cab at 9am, and could have easily made a 11:30 flight.

Thanks, but I really need some input on taking the HAL transfer.  I just want to know my options.

I used the HAL transfer coming off Eurodam in June 8. My AA flight was 12:03 pm My debark time was 7:45, was actually called around 7:30. I walked straight thru customs and out to the bus.

The drop off at SeaTac is a long walk thru the parking garage and up the elevator and  across the sky bridge to checkin. 

The wait for security was bad-at least 30 minutes winding thru the terminal. TSA precheck was also long.

Make sure to take advantage of the free Port Valet service if your airline participates. You only pay airline baggage fee. 

I too thought about using the coach to transfer back to the airport but decided to use Seattle Shuttle instead.  It was $24pp rather than $29 and they dropped us right at the terminal for our airline.  They were timely and professional.  We had 11:30 flight and left the pier around 9:00 and got to the airport  around 9:30.  There contact number is 206.423.8388.

With the HAL transfer  you will have to wait a bit  before you leave the pier.   Then walk more at SEA,   All in all a lot of wasted time...  If you carry your own bags you can be off  and in a cab long before the transfer  leaves. If there are 2 of you then it becomes a no brainier....     Any time you give control to another party like HAL  you give up things..   Here time.

2 hours ago, twentyknots said:

I too thought about using the coach to transfer back to the airport but decided to use Seattle Shuttle instead.  It was $24pp rather than $29 and they dropped us right at the terminal for our airline.  They were timely and professional.  We had 11:30 flight and left the pier around 9:00 and got to the airport  around 9:30.  There contact number is 206.423.8388.

We have an 11:10 AM flight on United.  I also contacted Seattle Shuttle.  So what time was your disembarkation "slot" and was Seattle Shuttle easy to find once you get outside?  Also, did you use Port Valet?  Thanks! 🙂 

25 minutes ago, zelker said:

We have an 11:10 AM flight on United.  I also contacted Seattle Shuttle.  So what time was your disembarkation "slot" and was Seattle Shuttle easy to find once you get outside?  Also, did you use Port Valet?  Thanks! 🙂 

We were allowed to stay onboard until 9:30, but left around 8:30 I believe.  Our instructions were to call the shuttle when we approached customs and then again when we were through customs.  We were told to exit the building to the left and walk along the corridor where all the shuttle pickups were being made and look for our contact person as described.  We found him quickly and he verify our name on his list and said our van was on the way.  It arrived in 5 minutes.

We did not use the Port Valet.  We received a text en route to the airport that our departure had been delayed for 5 1/2 hours.  We hung around the airport for 4 hours checking on alternative flights but nothing was available and eventually our flight was cancelled.  I was glad we still had our luggage in our possession.  The airline put us in a hotel for the night and we left on the same flight the next day at 11:30.  We decided to go back into downtown Seattle and eat dinner again at this wonderful little pizza place we had found before the cruise.  

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I used the HAL transfer coming off Eurodam in June 8. My AA flight was 12:03 pm My debark time was 7:45, was actually called around 7:30. I walked straight thru customs and out to the bus.

The drop off at SeaTac is a long walk thru the parking garage and up the elevator and  across the sky bridge to checkin. 

The wait for security was bad-at least 30 minutes winding thru the terminal. TSA precheck was also long.

Make sure to take advantage of the free Port Valet service if your airline participates. You only pay airline baggage fee. 

My DIL and grand daughter have a 12 noon Southwest flite after the Oosterdam Cruise next month.  Mine is at 2 pm.   We will use the HAL transfer.   DH and I used Port Valet last August...Great!  I highly recommend this free service . Sea Tac always seems chaotic and Port Valet makes it much easier.  Enjoy Alaska!

Karen

14 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I generally do not take the HAL bus transfers, but thought I might this time on my trip from the Seattle pier 91 to Sec-Tac airport.  I know that it costs a bit more than the flat rate taxi and Uber, but it should be less hassle.  Plus this way I can use up some OBC I have left (hopefully!).

Question - I have a 12:30 PM flight out on SW and have priority disembarkation from the ship.  Will the transfer get me to the airport in plenty of time?  The last time we did a HAL shuttle (Montreal) the bus did not leave until very late in the process and we did not get to the pier until almost Noon.

We took HAL arranged transfer from the ship to the hotel as part of our post cruise package just off the Oosterdam in Seattle 2 weeks ago. We had a 9:30 am disembarkation time. First disembarkation group was for 7:30 am. Disembarkation began about 30 minutes early and groups were called early very frequently. Our group was called about 35 minutes early. We didn’t hurry but didn’t delay either. We were off quickly and in our shuttle waiting for about 30 minutes for others to get on. We wouldn’t have had any problem getting on a flight. 

BTW we have disembarked in  Montreal also with no issues but we did that on our own and were going to the train station. 

I have ave been in and out of Seattle two cruises and never found it chaotic.  Lines moved and things got done, you just have to be early. I’ve had more close calls at my own little Tucson airport than anywhere else, but do have to say most of them were my own fault for being a bit late. 

I use Seattle express.   The cost is $18.00.  

You reserve online.  Meet the Seattle Express shuttle in Lane R to the Airport.

They start as early as 7:00.

We had a 12:25 flight and made it n plenty of time.  

Once thing with the Seattle Airport is that the TSA line is horrible.  

I spoke with with several people that were in n Norweign or Princess and they missed there flights and they were all n the ship’s transfers.  These were for 11:00 flights.