Reflection - lap pool specs

Phoenixwoman

3 hours ago, Phoenixwoman said:

Thank you jelayne and gold1953 - I suspected as much.  I love swimming lengths and I was hoping that the name Lap Pool on the Reflection ship actually meant one could swim laps 😛

Just wondering where you are seeing the name "Lap Pool." Celebrity's deck plan and the one on cruisedeckplans.com both show only the label "Pool" for Reflection's pools.

On my first X cruise on Connie in 2017 in the Mediterranean the pool, although quite deep, was used by myself and other cruisers to cool off, chat and relax.  On one of our sea days in the afternoon the pool was busy and one lady was very put out that she couldn't swim laps.  She tried and made it clear she was very frustrated that she wasn't sharing a pool with competitive swimmers!  She took it very seriously with a swimming cap, goggles, special gloves.  The pool was about 10-15 meters long at most, so hardly conducive to swimming lengths!

Last time I swam in the main pool there was a lady doing some sort of exercises holding onto one of the ladders who told anyone who wanted to get up or down to use the other steps, a ‘serious’ swimmer who ploughed on regardless and two French ladies treading water and chatting in the centre of the pool. As a gentle doggy paddler I avoided the arms of the serious swimmer, the legs of the flailing French ladies and obviously used the alternative steps to enter and exit. One of those spaces on a ship tryng to be all things to all people!

OP if you do want some serious swimming time go for early morning or after 5pm...

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1