Ok just for fun who walks around the ship in a bathrobe?

sunsetme

33 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

We are aware of that (at least I am).  Point is a cover up and a robe are functional very similar.  If you want to say neither is appropriate in the MDR on formal nights, I will agree with you.  But I won’t agree that one, but not the other, is okay for a pool side buffet or for walking from room to spa.

Agreed.

20 minutes ago, ducklite said:

Unless the buffet is an open air--truly poolside situation, I think putting on something other than a bathing suit and cover up is more appropriate.  I don't see the point of wearing a robe to the spa.  You get there and they give you a robe and slippers--there's no sense taking the one from your room.

Agree with this also.

Just now, navybankerteacher said:

Since you approve, I assume you think those exposed bits of boys underwear are also cute and in style.

Why would you make that assumption?  You know what they say about that.

Just now, navybankerteacher said:

So you apply different rules to boys and girls?

Interesting.  

Not in the least.  I wasn't aware that that thing with boys is actually a fashion 'thing.'  Is it?  With the girls all you're seeing are bra straps.

Just now, clo said:

Not in the least.  I wasn't aware that that thing with boys is actually a fashion 'thing.'  Is it?  With the girls all you're seeing are bra straps.

Bra straps or underwear elastic:  is there any substantial difference?

You really have not seen the cool, slouched pants look?  I did not realize Reno was that uptight.

In any event I make no claim to be a fashion monitor —  we got on this line because I simply wondered if all the people who seemed appalled about people wearing bathrobes had any thoughts about exhibiting underwear.

3 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

You really have not seen the cool, slouched pants look?

Please provide a photo and I'll get back to you.  PS:  I'm relatively stylish 🙂

27 minutes ago, clo said:

Actually yes it is a fashion thing in some circles.

36 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I haven’t any photos - but you can google sagging, or saggy pants to get an idea.

Yes, but is it "stylish" or just sloppy?  But, come on, I'm not going to judge the boys or the girls.

8 minutes ago, clo said:

Yes, but is it "stylish" or just sloppy?  But, come on, I'm not going to judge the boys or the girls.

It’s referred to as a “style” - the same word you used, along with “cute” , in referring to girls’ bra straps.

Whether something is seen as “sloppy” depends upon the taste of the observer-  I am not inclined to play fashion police — I simply asked if those who are bothered by people wearing bathrobes have any thoughts about people flashing their underwear.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Actually yes it is a fashion thing in some circles.

Well, that's cool.  I 'came of age' in the 60s and some of the things we wore and our hair-do's were atrocious to our families.  There are worse things.

33 minutes ago, clo said:

Well, that's cool.  I 'came of age' in the 60s and some of the things we wore and our hair-do's were atrocious to our families.  There are worse things.

Paisley shirts bell bottoms tie dye, but ohhhhhh how I miss the mini skirt (on some girls anyway)

On 6/19/2019 at 8:04 PM, jdechter said:

I have seen it on elevators, going to the pool, spa , etc. would you do this?

Once my key was in a bathrobe in the spa, someone took it by mistake, I had to go

to the desk on a formal night to get a new key, that was embarrassing.

We have seen people walk around the ship in bathrobes -- dining room, lido -- you name it.

We have never walked our of our cabin with a bathrobe on to go anywhere.

10 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Paisley shirts bell bottoms tie dye, but ohhhhhh how I miss the mini skirt (on some girls anyway)

I remember a mini skirt I had and a long cotton sweater that if tucked in showed below the hem of the skirt.  And hot pants!

Never, but I have been know to wear my pajamas up on deck for movies under the stars.  My pajamas are completely modest though.  The pants are long  with a short sleeve shirt.  If the shirt is one that is a little thin them the bra stays on.

• Like 1