Ok just for fun who walks around the ship in a bathrobe?

sunsetme

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Rest assured, I will NOT do so.

I do not have any such photos.  Why would I want them??????? 

😄

Hey, people around here take photos of strangers wearing bathrobes in the buffet line. And they know where they are stored for easy access in order to post them on the internet. Anything is possible at CC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Hey, people around here take photos of strangers wearing bathrobes in the buffet line. And they know where they are stored for easy access in order to post them on the internet. Anything is possible at CC.

Exactly. and doing that is so much more trashy than wearing a robe to the MDR on formal night with jorts under it and a ball cap on backwards. 

• Like 3

Some cruisers must either have wonderful lives with nothing else to complain about.

Or they must be so incredibly bored on a cruise that they take pictures of other cruisers,  criticize their attire, and judge others based on their attire,  based on their own exceedingly narrow views of the world,  or their arrogance.

We are usually far too busy having a good time to concern ourselves about others who are doing us no harm whatsoever.

• Like 6

On our last family Carnival cruise on embarkation day there was a late 60's early 70's looking gentleman in his robe walking around the pool area with his bucket of beer looking for attention. I'm thinking he was B2B because we got on early and he looked like he had been tuning up for a few hours. Add his crazy hair and the captains hat, it was quite a site. We just thought it was a bit funny and moved on.

I'm with the folks who think if a person is wearing something underneath the robe, what is the big deal. And yes I have seen many people wear them around the ship. This past January on Celebrity we saw people with them out and about at different times of the day. Didn't even faze me, except they looked comfy in them.

On Speedo's, let me first say I am a bigger guy. My only request is if you are also a "bigger guy" and when you stand up people can't tell if you are wearing anything? Then you need a bigger swimsuit. It's funny how over the years American men have gone from short swim trunks, to board shorts over their knees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

On our last family Carnival cruise on embarkation day there was a late 60's early 70's looking gentleman in his robe walking around the pool area with his bucket of beer looking for attention. I'm thinking he was B2B because we got on early and he looked like he had been tuning up for a few hours. Add his crazy hair and the captains hat, it was quite a site. We just thought it was a bit funny and moved on.

I'm with the folks who think if a person is wearing something underneath the robe, what is the big deal. And yes I have seen many people wear them around the ship. This past January on Celebrity we saw people with them out and about at different times of the day. Didn't even faze me, except they looked comfy in them.

On Speedo's, let me first say I am a bigger guy. My only request is if you are also a "bigger guy" and when you stand up people can't tell if you are wearing anything? Then you need a bigger swimsuit. It's funny how over the years American men have gone from short swim trunks, to board shorts over their knees.

I've heard if you can't see your speed than you shouldn't be wearing a speedo. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

If an entire family's luggage never makes it to the ship, I have a feeling the cruise line would help the family find a few clothing items so they wouldn't have to spend an entire cruise wearing bathrobes.🤣

They also would have the clothes they wore on the ship.

Edited by TNcruising02

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

If an entire family's luggage never makes it to the ship, I have a feeling the cruise line would help the family find a few clothing items so they wouldn't have to spend an entire cruise wearing bathrobes.🤣

Possible that they don’t wear the bathrobes all the time, but that the staff is laundering the few items they have while they are at the show.....or maybe their luggage wasn’t lost they just thought it would be fun to wear the bathrobes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ed01106 said:

Possible that they don’t wear the bathrobes all the time, but that the staff is laundering the few items they have while they are at the show.....or maybe their luggage wasn’t lost they just thought it would be fun to wear the bathrobes.

I think they just thought it would be fun to wear bathrobes to the comedy show and get the comedian's attention.  Kind of like the people who choose to sit in the front row.  One of my sons loves to sit in the front row and have interaction with the comedian.  I would much rather watch the show than be part of it.

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

I think they just thought it would be fun to wear bathrobes to the comedy show and get the comedian's attention.  Kind of like the people who choose to sit in the front row.  One of my sons loves to sit in the front row and have interaction with the comedian.  I would much rather watch the show than be part of it.

I tend to think that too.  A friend of mines luggage never made it to the ship, they loaned him a tux and they laundered the clothes he wore to the ship each night while he was sleeping, not during the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

They also would have the clothes they wore on the ship.

They may have been soaking them in the hot tubs though, 3 days of wear would need a good soak before a rinse off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Is this a special kind of garment, made for the purpose?

A bathing suit cover up is exactly what it is. Something to wear over a bathing suit when not swimming or sunbathing.

1 hour ago, ducklite said:

A bathing suit cover up is exactly what it is. Something to wear over a bathing suit when not swimming or sunbathing.

Sounds almost like the exact definition of a bathing robe.  🙂🙂🙂🙂

• Like 2

Just now, ed01106 said:

Sounds almost like the exact definition of a bathing robe.  🙂🙂🙂🙂

Which is not a large, thick, terrycloth robe.  Most are a lightweight cotton weave or crocheted.

On 6/20/2019 at 7:35 PM, DirtyDawg said:

I stated that I would not post such pictures. 🙂

I cannot control others.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ducklite said:

Most cover ups look nothing like a bathrobe.  Google is your friend.

We are aware of that (at least I am).  Point is a cover up and a robe are functional very similar.  If you want to say neither is appropriate in the MDR on formal nights, I will agree with you.  But I won’t agree that one, but not the other, is okay for a pool side buffet or for walking from room to spa.

11 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

We are aware of that (at least I am).  Point is a cover up and a robe are functional very similar.  If you want to say neither is appropriate in the MDR on formal nights, I will agree with you.  But I won’t agree that one, but not the other, is okay for a pool side buffet or for walking from room to spa.

Unless the buffet is an open air--truly poolside situation, I think putting on something other than a bathing suit and cover up is more appropriate.  I don't see the point of wearing a robe to the spa.  You get there and they give you a robe and slippers--there's no sense taking the one from your room.

37 minutes ago, ducklite said:

Most cover ups look nothing like a bathrobe.  Google is your friend.

So, a bathrobe can still cover up a bathing suit. I think the point is not what one wears by the pool or even to and from the cabin and pool but elsewhere on a ship like lounges, theatre, dining room, buffet etc. I just personally wouldn't do it (wear a robe outside my cabin) but understand that others do.