Italian Cellar Master Dinner

vinonme2

1 minute ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

At home it was you can finish your dinner or have it for breakfast .  😊

My brother was a stubborn, picky eater in his early years.  One evening, while I cleaned my plate and was watching our favorite TV shows, he sat and sat and sat at our kitchen table until he finished his dinner--now rather cold.  He never did that again!

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

HAL used to offer a Chef’s Table (aka Chef Rudi’s dinner).  The numbers were very limited  (12 - 18 IIRC) and it was a small intimate affair and very well done.

There was indeed a Chef's Table on HAL and, while it was very nice, it was no where near the level of the Chef's Table on Princess that "scubacruiser" is referring to.  The Princess dinner includes a visit to the galley with the Executive Chef and Maitre d' before dinner where they serve 5 or 6 different appetizers with matching Champagne (i.e. not the 1st prize for trivia variety :-)) They then have a special table set up in the MDR for a 5-course dinner with excellent matching wines and the main course prepared table-side.  The food, preparation and service are equal to a 3-star Michelin restaurant...Outstanding! The guests are given an autographed Princess cookbook, a group photo and an individual couple photo with the Chef and Maitre d'.  It's a wonderful event. 

17 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

My brother was a stubborn, picky eater in his early years.  One evening, while I cleaned my plate and was watching our favorite TV shows, he sat and sat and sat at our kitchen table until he finished his dinner--now rather cold.  He never did that again!

Are our parents related ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

There was indeed a Chef's Table on HAL and, while it was very nice, it was no where near the level of the Chef's Table on Princess that "scubacruiser" is referring to.  The Princess dinner includes a visit to the galley with the Executive Chef and Maitre d' before dinner where they serve 5 or 6 different appetizers with matching Champagne (i.e. not the 1st prize for trivia variety :-)) They then have a special table set up in the MDR for a 5-course dinner with excellent matching wines and the main course prepared table-side.  The food, preparation and service are equal to a 3-star Michelin restaurant...Outstanding! The guests are given an autographed Princess cookbook, a group photo and an individual couple photo with the Chef and Maitre d'.  It's a wonderful event. 

If anyone is interested in seeing the Princess Chef's Table that @taxmantoo has described , the photos and videos can be found here beginning at post # 50 :

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I was also a stubborn and picky eater, compounded by the fact that my mother was never much of a cook. Many were the nights I'd sit at the table long after dinner was over until I was finally "excused" by my father, who took pity on me. 

It was a horrible thing to do to a child, and I never did anything like that with my own. A couple of those dishes that I stubbornly wouldn't eat still can make me gag today...

People, even little people, can sometimes know what they like and don't like. 

Yikes!  Cruisemom.  

We did the princess chefs  table and it was amazing!  Especially seeing  the kitchens working smoothly during the rush while sipping champagne, oh my!  

Two nights ago Rudi himself was cooking a special dinner on the Koningsdam,   I was so surprised, our friends went but we had a very early departure the next morning to Meteora so couldn’t take part.