Show reservations on RCCL

jsf

We have been on many cruises(35) but not on the large RCCL ships. We've been told we have to make reservations to attend the shows, how do you know what the shows are months ahead of time? The ship is Symphony and the sailing date is 8/2020, judging from the ships size it is sure different than the Celebrity ships we are used to sailing. What are the other differences?

J.

6 minutes ago, jsf said:

We've been told we have to make reservations to attend the shows, how do you know what the shows are months ahead of time? 

You don't have to make reservations but it might help. Booking for shows will open in the planner at any time between now and and about 30 days out.

Most of the shows will have a standby line that opens about 10 minutes before show time. Our last cruise on Symphony had so many in the standby lines that some never got in.  A couple at our table were not able to sit together for the show Flight.  Best to make all your reservations ahead. 

Not sure but I've known there to be show reservations as being mandatory to enter in to certain shows on board. I like to think that this was the remedy to people hogging up entire rows claiming "these seats have been reserved" and it's usually for stragglers that belong to massively large "groups" who are late wandering in for dinner....nothing more annoying seeing someone tie up an entire row of seats!

47 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Not sure but I've known there to be show reservations as being mandatory to enter in to certain shows on board.  ...

Reservations (for non-suite guests) are mandatory to enter the venue before the standby line is released.

• Like 1

Just came back from Allure of the Seas, there was no one to check reservations for the ocean aria show and we were not able to find seats.

for the blue planet show they actually checked reservations and we found seats. 

I don’t think you necessarily need them but should be there early if you really want to see show. One of our family members made reservations online and then they disappeared from the system 🤷🏽‍♀️

Yes make reservations, huge difference in size compared to celebrity, entertainment is way way better on rccl. Entertainment is why I keep cruising rccl. Celebrity buffet is way better than rccl, suite perks are also way better on celebrity. If you are elite on celebrity you can be diamond on rccl which gives you free drinks and other perks, if that is true just call rccl to get your diamond status.