Can't log on with iPad or iPhone

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I have been asked to log back in on both my iPad and iPhone but when I click the sign in box nothing happens. I can't enter my password. Right now I can only access the forums on my computer which has stayed logged in. 

@CC Help Jenn, me too on Android phone.

@Charles4515, I managed to get around the problem by having my browser display the desktop site. I was able to log in. I then turned off the desktop site to revert to the mobile version. I was still logged in.

• Like 1

I couldn't log in earlier today on my desktop (Mac, using Safari).

This evening, I could, but now I can't log out, even though the CC  screen is showing 'log in'.  I tried signing off (twice) by using the drop down next to my screen name, but am still logged in.

image.png.f3cb630b865bd517d2b7e6576fcf33b8.png

The CC header Log In/Out button is not synching correctly for some of us. If you see your username, you are logged in, regardless of what the CC banner says. How else could I make this post?

image.png.c6893a38af2228416142a83d6f8feb69.png

@CC Help Jenn I am flagging this thread for you because these issues seem related to the problem I posted about yesterday of Chrome kicking me out and not allowing me to log in because it perceives that CC is running unauthorized scripts.  Since Chrome will allow me to open and view threads without being logged in, but won’t let me log in because of the script issue, I wonder if the problem is there, that is, with the log in function. 

Also, I am posting this on my Pad via Safari, which shows that I am not logged in — I see the same Log In icon that broberts does — but clearly I am logged in or I could not post as broberts observes in comment 4.

Edited to add: I've just checked through the Edge browser in my Win10 laptop -- it also shows me logged out yet I am typing this edit on Edge, so I'm logged in there.  Switching over to Chrome, it is still giving me the "unauthenticated scripts" warning that I posted about in my new thread yesterday, and has kicked me out of CC.  In Chrome, the icon shows "Log In' but all the thread titles are not bold, and my user name is not showing (as it in in Edge), meaning I really am not logged in.

This is from Chrome:

enhance

Edited by Turtles06

50 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

It looks like it has been worked out - at least in my tests

If anyone is still having issues please reply

Sorry, but it’s worse for me now.  I can’t log in on Edge; before the fix, I was at least logged in and could post, even though it showed me logged out.

Plus, I still can’t log in on Chrome, and am still getting the red shield “unauthenticated scripts” notification about this site. (So now I can’t even access CC on my laptop.) 

I am posting now on my iPad using Safari, which shows me logged out, when obviously I’m not since I can post.  (Same on my phone.) So those problems haven’t changed either. 

Thanks for  the help. 

Edited by Turtles06

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

Sorry, but it’s worse for me now.  I can’t log in on Edge; before the fix, I was at least logged in and could post, even though it showed me logged out.

Plus, I still can’t log in on Chrome, and am still getting the red shield “unauthenticated scripts” notification about this site. I am posting now on my iPad using Safari, which shows me logged out, when obviously I’m not since I can post.  So those problems haven’t changed either. 

Thanks for  the help. 

Are you comfortable with clearing cookies? Have you tried clearing your chrome and edge cookies for Cruise Critic to see if that fixes the issue?

7 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Are you comfortable with clearing cookies? Have you tried clearing your chrome and edge cookies for Cruise Critic to see if that fixes the issue?

I was just going to try that.  I did clear the Chrome cookies the other day when the "unauthenticated script" warning popped up, and that did not help.

Edited by Turtles06

11 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I just cleared all of the cookies on both browsers.  After doing so, I still could not log on to the Boards in either browser by clicking the "Log In" icon on the top right of the screen (boards.cruisecritic.com); the icon was totally unresponsive in both Edge and Chrome. 

I then opened Cruisecritic.com, and was able to log on in both browsers that way.  Once I navigated to the Boards, however, the "Log In/Log Out" icon still shows that I'm logged out.  (But I'm not; my screen name appears in both browsers, and I'm posting now from Edge.)  Also, in Chrome, I am still seeing the red shield "unauthenticated scripts" warning in the right of the address bar, so something is still not correct there.

Thanks for the continuing help with this.

25 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Plus, I still can’t log in on Chrome, and am still getting the red shield “unauthenticated scripts” notification about this site. I am posting now on my iPad using Safari, which shows me logged out, when obviously I’m not since I can post.  So those problems haven’t changed either. 

Thanks for  the help. 

Okay thank you - I am testing these things as well but it is always good to have someone else to test aside from me :)  In Edge or Chrome (probably edge since you cant log in chrome) - what happens when you click the log out button (the one that you see if you click on your user name)   Also I know the top nav shows as if we are not logged in - I am not sure if that is related to whatever error is causing the script error and/or log in issues - we will see.   I also have my team looking into the script issue as well

3 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Okay thank you - I am testing these things as well but it is always good to have someone else to test aside from me 🙂 In Edge or Chrome (probably edge since you cant log in chrome) - what happens when you click the log out button (the one that you see if you click on your user name)   Also I know the top nav shows as if we are not logged in - I am not sure if that is related to whatever error is causing the script error and/or log in issues - we will see.   I also have my team looking into the script issue as well

Thanks Jenn.  We cross-posted.  Pls see my comment 12 for the results of my cookie clearing. 

To answer your new question, clicking the "sign out" option that opens when I click my user name had no effect -- the screen reloaded but I was still logged in and the icon in the top right still showed me logged out.   I tried this in Edge and Chrome -- same thing. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

It looks like it has been worked out - at least in my tests

If anyone is still having issues please reply

No it is not fixed on my laptop or on my Android phone.  Still having the same problems I was having in post #7, on Android cannot log in and on laptop in Chrome, Edge and in Firefox I have to go to the Community page to log in and still shows that I need to log in.

2 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

No it is not fixed on my laptop or on my Android phone.  Still having the same problems I was having in post #7, on Android cannot log in and on laptop in Chrome, Edge and in Firefox I have to go to the Community page to log in and still shows that I need to log in.

Are you logged in though? and the top nav just shows you as logged out ?

Finally able to get access to CC.  I had to clear cookies and then access via cruisecritic.com.  Sign-in is not working otherwise...not on Chrome nor Firefox nor Edge.  I would venture to say that it is not fixed!  And the folk who can't yet log in have no way to let you know that they can't log in.

I was able to sign in on all my devices from cruisecritic.com. So what is broken is the log on from the forum pages. I can live with that until the login from the forum pages is fixed. 

That does break logging in with Tapatalk though as Tapatalk directs to the forum page for log on not the cruisecritic page. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Are you logged in though? and the top nav just shows you as logged out ?

I can log in on laptop only and that shows that I am not logged in, and have to log in on a page other than the forums.  Still can't log in at all on Android.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Since Wednesday, I had the setup shown in my post #3; could not log out, which I prefer to do when I'm done each day.

This a.m., I was logged out, and could not log in thru forums.

Like Charles, OldBear and Ready2cruz, I was able to log in on cruise critic.com, not in forums.

I almost exclusively use my desktop Mac / Safari.

On 6/26/2019 at 9:54 PM, broberts said:

@CC Help Jenn, me too on Android phone.

@Charles4515, I managed to get around the problem by having my browser display the desktop site. I was able to log in. I then turned off the desktop site to revert to the mobile version. I was still logged in.

Exact same thing I did. It was a pain getting to that solution but it worked.

Hi Jenn,

I hope this message will reach you. It is written from my IMAC. I seem having been able to log in from that computer although I am unable to log in to Cruise Critics from my IPAD, which is my normal access.

I have tried to clean the cookies as suggested above, to no avail.

Now from my IMA, I can't seem to be able to log out.

Support would be needed and appreciated.

Thanks.