No wine as prizes at M&M

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Interesting, hadn't read that book. 

Good read, about the early days of Royal and Carnival. Ends with the mergers of Holland , Princess, Celebrity,  etc..

17 hours ago, DShock said:

Let's face it, it's just a lot more fun out on the decks...and there are plenty of people you can meet there!  M&M I believe will disappear from RCCL ships #boring, #no fun, #I'd rather be someplace else!

The ships are also twice the size as they were 10 yrs ago. So much more to experience on a 7 day cruise that few want to set aside time for a M&M. The ship is loaded with places to eat and many have a drink package. A bottle of wine isn’t going to make it or break it if someone has better things to do. 

Me I see it like this:  Sitting by a pool... Many hotels, camp grounds, backyards, have pools,  I can do that anywhere, we live just a short drive (15-20 minutes)from a sandy beach, drink and cocktails, I have a complete bar at home.  On a ship, where I can meet and chat with people from around the world, some of whom I met online on CC, that is what I seldom get a chance to do.  I don't think I actually sat in a chair by a pool on any of my cruises.  On balcony, yes, on other more secluded deck, yes.  Fight with chair hogs by the pool... nope.  As for the MM, key chains and bottles of wine are not what will draw me to the MM, but rather the people there.

That being said,  I totally understand that many people have differing objectives and priorities they want out of their cruises.  That is why there are so many different things to do on a ship.

dp

Edited by dpostman

We were on the Jewel TA  followed by the 11-night Greek Islands cruise.  Lots of people showed up at both M&M's but they only raffled off 2 water bottles and 2 trinkets.  No Officers showed up on either -- just the onboard events coordinator and an activities person.  Really disappointed considering great M&M's on past cruises.  🍷

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

The ships are also twice the size as they were 10 yrs ago. So much more to experience on a 7 day cruise that few want to set aside time for a M&M. The ship is loaded with places to eat and many have a drink package. A bottle of wine isn’t going to make it or break it if someone has better things to do. 

Exactly.  And during most of these activities we get to meet interesting people, have casual conversations, etc.  We met a couple at a pool that we ended up having dinner with and going on excursions.  They were from Germany, we are native Texans...totally different people but we really enjoyed each others company...only on a cruise ship!

The activities host said a few words about how it was jewel first time to these ports.... strange as I was on her 2 years ago....

CD showed and said how valued we were.

I would guess 15 max out of RC of 50 ( and even more on the other site) 

Lack of participants = lack of prizes= lets call the whole thing off... 

• Thanks 2