What time to get to Ft. Lauderdale Port?

Qwksilver

All,

We are a group of 6. 2 Couples with 2 children. We are locals and usually just get to the port around 10:30-1100am. This year we have a boarding time of noon and our friends with the children have a 2pm. We will be taking the same car service. Is this boarding time new? I don't ever recall seeing this boarding time. Our group hasn't cruised since July 2017.

My question is how bad would it be to still get to the port at our normal 10:30?

Saturday cant get here soon enough.

Thanks.

We did not pay attention to the "suggested" time, and went much earlier.  We got right through check in and boarded around 10:30 a.m., if I recall.  We just had a standard balcony, no special class.  As others have said, you should be fine...

The only issue would be a delayed disembarking for the previous cruise, but those are usually for a first  call in FFL from a Transatlantic, unlikely in July.  Go, enjoy, and have fun with your extra 3 hours on the ship!

10:30 is time we get to the port and we used to be among some of the first people checked in.  However in recent years I’ve noticed that a lot more people are already checked in when I arrive.  No reason to get there earlier because the ship is seldom ready for boarding before 11:00 but I do wonder what time they actually start checking in new passengers.