RC with a Baby

If you cruise, make sure you choose a ship with a baby splash zone that allows swim diapers. Babies aren’t allowed in other pools. This is always important to us when cruising with our little ones.

11 hours ago, Kholland said:

If you cruise, make sure you choose a ship with a baby splash zone that allows swim diapers. Babies aren’t allowed in other pools. This is always important to us when cruising with our little ones.

We were going to do harmony of the seas 

17 hours ago, BeachChik said:

Its not about the child remembering, the adults will remember the fun they had. And it’s about the fun in the moment, that family time. 

I’ve been taking mine since the youngest was 5 months old and my daughter was about 13 months the first time. They are now almost 6 and 3. I remember the experiences even if they don’t. The pictures of them meeting characters for the first time and seeing the castle are priceless. 

So it's more about your enjoyment than theirs. Gotcha.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:17 AM, Garyjames220 said:
Hey

We are planning in doing a cruise with a one year old. From Uk. Also going to perfect day. Which I have never done 

Just had a few questions that hopefully some of you can help with 

- We are changing back and for between Disney world or a RC cruise (dcl to much now ). Would you say the cruise would be better and less tiring and more relaxing. Would be making use of the Nursery to

- was planning the eastern cruise. Would you say there is plenty of excisions for a one year old to go on with us. 

- we no both the parks or a cruise with be tiring with a baby starting to think the cruise might be better. Rather than waiting in long queues 

I would also like to no what u would pick if you were in my situation

Your baby probably won't remember either of your choices. That being said, I think you would be able to enjoy a cruise more. At Disney you will be fighting crowds,  long lines and, depending on the season, oppressive heat.

If you choose a cruise, make sure it is an Oasis class ship which will have better facilities for your baby such as a splash pad area for your baby as she/he will still be in diapers.

Each Island will have a variety of excursions that you can choose from.

Whichever you choose have a great vacation and start making memories with your baby😊

You'll get people who say "neither!" and people who can have fun anywhere with their babies.  Personally, I wouldn't have fun on a cruise or at Disney with a baby.  I would probably to go an all inclusive somewhere in the caribbean, with an air conditioned room always near by, and my own large space to go back to easily to take care of the little one.  Beaches, activities, huge pools, and buffets for miles would be my choice for a vacation with a little baby.

Having said that, if you're the type person considering this, you'll do fine at either place.  Millions of People take their babies to disney every year, and there are babies on cruises.  There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages to both and you can't really tell someone else what would be good for their family.  Especially since both options sound like a nightmare to some, including myself.  The only thing to consider with cruises is that the cabins are small... If I had to choose between the two vacations i'd pick disney.  Again with a larger room to go back to with a big pool, etc.  

We are taking our soon to be 1year  old (Aug 8 bday) daughter on Harmony in a couple weeks (July 21), and also spending a  couple days before hand in Orlando - we are doing Discovery Cove and then will take her to Disney Springs (downtown Disney). The hotel we are staying at - Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista has a good size baby toddler splash zone and we love the free happy hour drinks 🙂 

We took her on Navigator in April when she was 8 months, and the service we got was by far the best we have ever seen. They love babies!! We used the nursey then and plan to use it this time around as well.    

I have done both and I think the cruise is the better choice.  Kids don't really get to enjoy Disney until at least 18 months.  

some cruise travel tips with a baby

-they will not puree food for you. You need to bring your own baby food. They will bring you a banana or mash potatoes, but that is it.

-If you don't have a stateroom with a tub, buy a cheap blow up one online

-small umbrella stroller, those big ones don't fit under the bed or in the closet

-book baby sitting in advance as it sells out, I traveled with grandparents and we took turns minding the kids.

Try the family boards for more tips. Have fun!

As someone who grew up going to Disney almost every weekend until she was almost 30... a 1 year old is too young for Disney. If you are thinking a cruise or Disney, I would do a cruise. But as Biker said, I would probably choose a resort first.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:17 PM, Garyjames220 said:
Hey

We are planning in doing a cruise with a one year old. From Uk. Also going to perfect day. Which I have never done 

Just had a few questions that hopefully some of you can help with 

- We are changing back and for between Disney world or a RC cruise (dcl to much now ). Would you say the cruise would be better and less tiring and more relaxing. Would be making use of the Nursery to

- was planning the eastern cruise. Would you say there is plenty of excisions for a one year old to go on with us. 

- we no both the parks or a cruise with be tiring with a baby starting to think the cruise might be better. Rather than waiting in long queues 

I would also like to no what u would pick if you were in my situation

We cruised with our kids since they were 12 months. We’ve always really enjoyed it. Some of our learnings:

Get a balcony cabin. We found we spent a lot of evening on our balcony having a drink because bed time is so early. Without a balcony it would be a bit claustrophobic. 

Bring entertainment for yourselves. Books, downloaded movies, etc due to early nights. 

Use the babysitting service. For an extra cost you can get babysitters in your cabin. It’s worth it. 

Plan on using the windjammer a lot. Get to know the staff and tip them. You’ll need their help to heat bottles, get milk, etc. You’ll also leave a bomb site when you leave the table. 

We found the safari lounge was a nice quiet place to get them asleep during the day. Every ship has some unused venue during the day. 

Bring or buy a small inflatable paddling pool. Your little one won’t be allowed in an RC pool until toilet trained. The staff were only too happy to put some water in the paddling pool for us. 

4 hours ago, Kimbe44 said:

We are taking our soon to be 1year  old (Aug 8 bday) daughter on Harmony in a couple weeks (July 21), and also spending a  couple days before hand in Orlando - we are doing Discovery Cove and then will take her to Disney Springs (downtown Disney). The hotel we are staying at - Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista has a good size baby toddler splash zone and we love the free happy hour drinks 🙂 

We took her on Navigator in April when she was 8 months, and the service we got was by far the best we have ever seen. They love babies!! We used the nursey then and plan to use it this time around as well.    

Thank you for that information. We are doing another family cruise , this year will be on Navigator, and our family group will include our newest grand-baby.  My daughter does not want to leave the baby at the Nursery, but it is nice to know that the Nursery staff is good and that the Nursery is an option.