Recommendation For A Hotel In SJ

JamesEM

Outside of looking at the Puerto Rico board, I'll recommend  the Sheraton Old San Juan.  It's right across the street from the downtown cruise port.  Good walking around the night before your cruise.    If you want to do resort beforehand, try the St. Regis Bahia Beach, totally brought back to life from hurricane destruction.

My family stayed at the Hotel Casa Blanca in Old San Juan a couple weeks ago pre-cruise. Rooms were a little small but location is great - close to restaurants, shops, forts, clubs. The staff was helpful with recommendations for places to eat and get around. They let us borrow towels for a beach day so we didn't have to bring extras. There is not a pool at the hotel but there are 4 single-person soaking tubs on the roof. 

I too would suggest the Sheraton Old San Juan...We've stayed there pre-cruise a few times and enjoyed the location. Consider becoming a Starwood member and get discounted rates.

We have stayed at the Double Tree By Hilton, Sheraton OSJ, Plaza De Armas, ElConvento, Fortaleza Suites and the Casa Blanca.  Out of all of these the Casa Blanca is our favorite. Centrally located, with very personal service.  Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor.