Dining on CocoCay

17 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We were just there, there is no breakfast at CocoCay.  However, for lunch plenty of options even if you do not eat meat.  I am pretty much a veggie except chicken and there were tons of choices.  Lots of salads, fruit, and a taco/burrito area where you can make your own, so you can just do veggies. 

Appreciate the update. 

So do you have an idea of the earliest opening time for any food venue on Coco Cay?

27 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I am pretty sure it was 11:30

So if some cruises get there at 7am, that's a longer time without food than most cruise ship guests are used to.

Just now, ileys said:

What about drinks?  Are there any bars open earlier that 11:30?  One gets quite parched (and the drink package unused) being on the beach all morning...

That is a much more important question!😊

Someone posted the Cruise Compasses from their Harmony cruise last month. It said the Snack Shack opens at 10:30 and the Chill Grill and Skippers Grill open at 11:00. I haven't been there yet, just reporting what I read.

Just now, catella02 said:

Someone posted the Cruise Compasses from their Harmony cruise last month. It said the Snack Shack opens at 10:30 and the Chill Grill and Skippers Grill open at 11:00. I haven't been there yet, just reporting what I read.

Well, 10:30 is much better.

33 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I am pretty sure it was 11:30

I just checked the Cruise Compass from my recent visit to Coco Cay on June 27, 2019 aboard Mariner of the Seas. The following times were listed for food on the Island:

10:30 am-3:30 pm:  Oasis Snack Shack and Water Park Snack Shack

11:00 am- 4:00 pm: Captain Jack's- Wings and Fries

11:30 am-3:00 pm: Chill Grill and Skipper's Grill

11:30 am-3:30 pm: Windjammer Marketplace on the ship

12 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

So if some cruises get there at 7am, that's a longer time without food than most cruise ship guests are used to.

We normally go grab a quick breakfast and then get off the ship around 7:45 or 8.  So if the snack shack is open that should be plenty early for most people.  I typically don't eat lunch, but do on CocoCay but we normally don't eat until about 1 pm when the crowds thin out.  

12 hours ago, marys350 said:

I just checked the Cruise Compass from my recent visit to Coco Cay on June 27, 2019 aboard Mariner of the Seas. The following times were listed for food on the Island:

10:30 am-3:30 pm:  Oasis Snack Shack and Water Park Snack Shack

11:00 am- 4:00 pm: Captain Jack's- Wings and Fries

11:30 am-3:00 pm: Chill Grill and Skipper's Grill

11:30 am-3:30 pm: Windjammer Marketplace on the ship

Yeah, I never went over to that area so did not even see the Oasis Snack Shack.  We also did not go to Captain Jacks since that is a pay venue.  I just knew the 2 buffets were open at 11:30.  Thanks for the info.  Next time we are there I plan to go over to the other areas just to get some pictures.

12 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

That is a much more important question!😊

yes, bars are open early.  We were out there at around 8:15 by the time we walked the pier and got to the beach.  I went for a walk, so i want to say at least some of the bars were open by 9 if I remember right

I can only speak to the delivery options for bungalows and cabanas - I so wish that there had been a veggie burger, but I didn’t see one listed when we were there last month. There was a regular hamburger, there was a turkey burger, there was shrimp ceviche and mixed fruit as sides. There was also at least one salad, I remember a Caesar. You can always go over to a buffet as that they may have more options, but it was a long distance from where we were at South Beach.

* I believe Coco Cay opened at 8 or 8:30, but I am sure that there was no breakfast served.

Edited by 2Beeze

7 hours ago, karena1 said:

Yeah, I never went over to that area so did not even see the Oasis Snack Shack.  We also did not go to Captain Jacks since that is a pay venue.  I just knew the 2 buffets were open at 11:30.  Thanks for the info.  Next time we are there I plan to go over to the other areas just to get some pictures.

Those snack shack‘s are really wonderful. Just a little walk from the pool or chill beach.    Several salads, chicken sandwich burgers, dogs, cheese sticks and don’t forget those terrific  fresh funnel cakes. They also have toppings for the burgers as well as cookies and watermelon. 

Just a short walk and well worth  it. 

M