Great drop and go deal

We just got a great cruise sent to us Shanghai  to Japan to Shanghai 8 days a mini suite $2000 return to Brisbane on the Majestic. So jumped in and we are off on the 17 August. Then we are home for 2 weeks and off on the Sea Princess Around Australia. We were told by the staff at Princess that they did not do Drop and Go in Australia, however they emailed us yesterday with a d&g package. We tried to get our friends onto it but they had all gone within an hour of us reserving the cabin. We rang our cruise consultant who grabbed our reservation and formalised the booking but she was unable to get our friends on. That will now be 6 cruises up to November 2020.

Good cruising all

SAV.

2 hours ago, Savitore said:

We just got a great cruise sent to us Shanghai  to Japan to Shanghai 8 days a mini suite $2000 return to Brisbane on the Majestic. So jumped in and we are off on the 17 August. Then we are home for 2 weeks and off on the Sea Princess Around Australia. We were told by the staff at Princess that they did not do Drop and Go in Australia, however they emailed us yesterday with a d&g package. We tried to get our friends onto it but they had all gone within an hour of us reserving the cabin. We rang our cruise consultant who grabbed our reservation and formalised the booking but she was unable to get our friends on. That will now be 6 cruises up to November 2020.

Good cruising all

SAV.

And you will have your black card. 😊

Good job, there are a few really good deals going at the moment.

Just saw one for Royal out of HK for $1799 balcony with stay pre and post cruise in HK as well as flights from Sydney, it is a 7 Night Japan cruise.

Hi guys, Does anyone know of any private shore excursions from Yokohama, the best of the ships ones are booked out. We are on the waiting list, the problem with the late offer no doubt. How difficult is it to get around Tokyo we can get Tokyo on your own through the ship. I like these as we do our own thing once in whereever, we have done quite a few of these, but a bit worried about Tokyo, the place looks daunting, maybe I'm overreacting. Any assistance would be appreciated, 

Cheers

Sav

I find Tokyo really easy to get around. They have an excellent train service and most of the stations have good maps posted around the station.

One thing that is great to do is to go to to the Hamariku Gardens, which are a short walk from the Shiodome station which, in turn, links from Shimbashi Station by an above ground walkway. After exploring the gardens take the ferry (the ferry stop is at the far end of the gardens) to Asakusa where the Senso-ji Temple, Hozomon Gate, and hundreds of tiny stores. It's one of the most popular tourist spots in Tokyo. From there you can take the metro back to the tour pick-up point or to another place you want to visit.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I find Tokyo really easy to get around. They have an excellent train service and most of the stations have good maps posted around the station.

One thing that is great to do is to go to to the Hamariku Gardens, which are a short walk from the Shiodome station which, in turn, links from Shimbashi Station by an above ground walkway. After exploring the gardens take the ferry (the ferry stop is at the far end of the gardens) to Asakusa where the Senso-ji Temple, Hozomon Gate, and hundreds of tiny stores. It's one of the most popular tourist spots in Tokyo. From there you can take the metro back to the tour pick-up point or to another place you want to visit.

Cheers OzKiwiJJ

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Who said you don't get upgrades we have had 2 so far from MF up to MC then to now MB suites, the MC was directly over the theatre left side so we thought ok go to bed later and grin and bare it. We got an email today to say we are on Riviera mid front where we like to be. Only trouble is printing out 3 sets of tags and stuff but It's only trees. It looks like we have just missed the 2 typhoons as well so fingers crossed. We have also got the day trips sorted and the train looks like the way to get around in Tokyo, doing an excursion to Mt Fuji and another to Kyoto and then our own thing again in Kochin.

I'll give you a run down on how it went in a fortnight.

Cheers

Sav

14 hours ago, Savitore said:

Hi all,

Who said you don't get upgrades we have had 2 so far from MF up to MC then to now MB suites, the MC was directly over the theatre left side so we thought ok go to bed later and grin and bare it. We got an email today to say we are on Riviera mid front where we like to be. Only trouble is printing out 3 sets of tags and stuff but It's only trees. It looks like we have just missed the 2 typhoons as well so fingers crossed. We have also got the day trips sorted and the train looks like the way to get around in Tokyo, doing an excursion to Mt Fuji and another to Kyoto and then our own thing again in Kochin.

I'll give you a run down on how it went in a fortnight.

Cheers

Sav

Well done! Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 4:09 PM, Savitore said:

Good cruising all

SAV.

Well we are back great cruise, Japan is great only problem too short a visit, I would not go again from Shanghai, hated it, perhaps if we were able look around a bit it may have been differant. 600 screaming kids did not help, school holidays in China, we found that if we stayed away from all the main events it was fine the ship was big enough to do that. The Hollywood Pool area was our sanctim great staff and no kids. Our first mini suite was great I could get to like that if the price is right. Now waiting till Oct 5 for Sea Princess to pick us up in Brissy for Round Aus cruise.

On 9/4/2019 at 5:17 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

Sounds like it was a great cruise.

We're on the Majestic next Feb, I was wondering about the Hollywood Conservatory.

Is it a replacement for the Sanctuary? If so, are any costs involved?

I tried to send this the other night don't know what went wrong.

The Hollywood Pool and Conservatory are cost and children free it's not quite as separated as the Sanctuary but a good place to get away. When there, ask if Fletcher is still working he was a drinks steward and was a lot of fun, as soon as we walked in the door he would show us to an empty space and get our drinks without us asking. He informed us his family was on the BOUNTY thus his name. I said I didn't recall anybody from Goa on board. Fletcher Murray, very Indian in appearance not even a Portuguese name but a great steward all the same.

On 9/4/2019 at 4:34 PM, Savitore said:

Just a couple of pics of Majestic Princess, Cruise Japan

20190825_191452.jpg

DSCN0242.JPG

DSCN0237.JPG

20190825_190134.jpg

I'm not having a lot of success with this post there were 4 other photos that were to be with these and the bottom one wasn't, a bit too blurry, but I  remember it being that blurry one night when I had several drinks.I moved to my tablet so I can read better. The phone is getting harder to read.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:30 AM, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, I suggest putting the pics up in batches of two at a time if you are having problems loading.

Cheers MicCamberra, but I think It's just operator error with the phone being too small for old eyes.