Best Travel Insurance for Health and emergency evac?

lite seas

9 minutes ago, lite seas said:

One month away from sailing and need Health Insurance.  Cruiseline said I needed to purchased Insurance. at booking time.

Take a look at GeoBlue by BlueCross Blue Shield.

https://www.geobluetravelinsurance.com/products/single-trip/voyager-compare-plans-single.cfm

If you're frequently cruising, you can get a one year plan.

Much cheaper than most insurance plans but this plan does not do cancellation just medical and evacuation.

we're in our seventies and we bought a plan last year for our Mar 19 cruise,  it will still be in effect for our Sep 19 cruise.  Around $200 as I recall.  Not bad for two cruises.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lite seas said:

One month away from sailing and need Health Insurance.  Cruiseline said I needed to purchased Insurance. at booking time.

If you are looking for coverage for a pre-existing condition, you are SOL this close to sailing.

if you are just looking for supplemental coverage, then take a gandor at www.tripinsurancestore.com

or

www.insuremytrip.com

Both of these sites are highly recommended brokers

3 hours ago, lite seas said:

Impossible to recommend the "best" since it requires a lot more information regarding your personal situation (e.g., your usual health insurance).

One thing for sure: you are so late in the game that, if you want a "waiver of "pre-existing conditions," you are SOL.

Geoblue plans don't insure for trips within the US if you're a US citizen, only trips abroad.  I'm scrambling to find medical for my DH whose insurance only covers him for ER/UC outside of where we live in Colorado but nothing if here were to be hospitalized.  

Edited to say that we have trip interruption/cancellation, etc. from our credit card and med evac insurance through Medjet so truly just need medical.

Edited by zelker
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:05 AM, RocketMan275 said:

Take a look at GeoBlue by BlueCross Blue Shield.

https://www.geobluetravelinsurance.com/products/single-trip/voyager-compare-plans-single.cfm

If you're frequently cruising, you can get a one year plan.

Much cheaper than most insurance plans but this plan does not do cancellation just medical and evacuation.

we're in our seventies and we bought a plan last year for our Mar 19 cruise,  it will still be in effect for our Sep 19 cruise.  Around $200 as I recall.  Not bad for two cruises.

Thanks a bunch glad I stumbled upon this post!

On 7/11/2019 at 8:52 AM, lite seas said:

GeoBlue's good, but it's not available to the WA State residents. You'll have to get an HTH Travel Insurance Policy.

On 7/12/2019 at 6:42 PM, zelker said:

Geoblue plans don't insure for trips within the US if you're a US citizen, only trips abroad.  I'm scrambling to find medical for my DH whose insurance only covers him for ER/UC outside of where we live in Colorado but nothing if here were to be hospitalized.  

Edited to say that we have trip interruption/cancellation, etc. from our credit card and med evac insurance through Medjet so truly just need medical.

What cruise are you taking?     Best at this point would be find an agent either walk up or online.