Internet Package - devices

hockeymom987

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer.  On an internet package that allows for example 2 devices, is it that any 2 devices can be online at any one time and later I could switch devices, or is there something that ties a "device" to the account such that you can't change.  What I'm wondering is whether I can use it on my phone, and then log out and use it on my laptop? 

If it makes a difference, we are sailing on Millenium in August.

Thanks in advance!

You can switch off between unlimited devices but only one device can be logged onto one account at any one time.   It as easy as logging on with you User Name (you select) and 4 digit Pin ( which you also select).   If another device is logged on it will ask you if you want to log on this device instead and it will knock the other off.  

It is not ship dependent and will be the same on all ships.

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can switch off between unlimited devices but only one device can be logged onto one account at any one time.   It as easy as logging on with you User Name (you select) and 4 digit Pin ( which you also select).   If another device is logged on it will ask you if you want to log on this device instead and it will knock the other off.  

It is not ship dependent and will be the same on all ships.

Jim, the OP is asking about a two-device package.  They can have any *two* devices logged on at one time.   🙂 

Warning, if you are using either a Smart Phone or tablet with cellular, make sure your cellular is turned off. We were on an Alaskan cruise a few weeks ago. I got my bill today. My husband forgot to turn off his cellular service, and we were charged $168 for things that must have downloaded when we were in international waters. Our AT&T service includes Canada, so it wasn't when we were in Vancouver, but there were plenty while we were outside of range of Canada and Alaska. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Warning, if you are using either a Smart Phone or tablet with cellular, make sure your cellular is turned off. We were on an Alaskan cruise a few weeks ago. I got my bill today. My husband forgot to turn off his cellular service, and we were charged $168 for things that must have downloaded when we were in international waters. Our AT&T service includes Canada, so it wasn't when we were in Vancouver, but there were plenty while we were outside of range of Canada and Alaska. 
Did you have an internet package from the ship?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, niborHS said:

There is a setting on your phone to turn cellular DATA off.  That will allow you to keep your phone on for voice calls...but stop any data from using the cellular service. 

Edited by ghstudio

8 hours ago, ghstudio said:

There is a setting on your phone to turn cellular DATA off.  That will allow you to keep your phone on for voice calls...but stop any data from using the cellular service.

I am not an idiot, but maybe my husband is. As I said, he forgot to turn it off. As far as phone calls, if you want to pay for those calls in international waters, then be my guest. You can get texts from the ship wi-fi, and when you are in port in Alaska put your cell service back on. We had Unlimited wi-fi as a suite perk. Stupidly some of the data charges were when my husband and I were texting back and forth, so it would have gone through with the ship wi-fi. We both get the unlimited wi-fi on the ship.

I have wifi calling set up on my iphone but have never used it on a ship. So as long as I'm logged in to the wifi network I should be able to receive phone calls? Am I understanding that correctly? Sorry - usually pretty tech savvy but not about cruise ship technology. Thanks!