Fire away, just stepped off of the Symphony of the Seas.

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Typically Luggage Valet is only available if your flight is after 11:00ish. 

They have to give themselves enough time to get it all off the ship and trucked over to the airport and checked in, so they don't offer it for early flights. 

Yeah - currently our flight is at 11:25.  This is after Delta has changed it THREE times in just over four months.  If they change it again, we'll have to jump ship offshore and swim into port. 😮 Actually, if they change it again it's going to be goodbye Delta!

Pat

On 7/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, Houstoncruiser2007 said:

Not asked but will give you the heads up - one of the nicest places on the ship is in the back of Deck 5 (walking track).  The breeze is amazing and there are chairs that you can lounge in to talk, read, drink, etc. 

Ditto but why are you telling anybody???????????

Teak Steamer chairs.JPG

This was Allure and my favorite space also, just don't want it to get too crowded....on Symphony Sept. 7th~!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, vistapat said:

Yeah - currently our flight is at 11:25.  This is after Delta has changed it THREE times in just over four months.  If they change it again, we'll have to jump ship offshore and swim into port. 😮 Actually, if they change it again it's going to be goodbye Delta!

Pat

LOLOLOL  Exactly, I've even had to go in and correct the seats after a couple of their changes...haven't received any lately so hoping they are good to go for Sept.

17 hours ago, karena1 said:

I am always at the pool around 7:30 and there are tons of chairs.  So you should easily get one around 8.  It is the people that come out at noon and think they will get a lounger right by the pool that are out of luck.  I am there by 7:30 am and never leave until late afternoon except to go to the bathroom or take a dip in the pool.

We just don't even try to get a lounger....we just stay in the pool, then when we're sated...leave.  That's our strategy and that's that😝

18 hours ago, depplep said:

We couldn't get a chair even on the lower deck last February on Freedom. Never saw this before. Now I'm worried about Symphony. We didn't have a problem on Oasis on an October cruise, so I'm hoping it was just the time of year for Freedom.

If you want loungers in specific area, just plan to go early to the pool and you should have your choice. Sailed Symphony during peak holiday time and still had our choice of pool chairs before 9am. Solarium was always available except for the couch seating.  If you come after 9am, it will be luck of the draw. At noon, forget it. Happy sailing!! :)

19 minutes ago, LouisvilleDon said:

A ? on the luggage valet service. Will they take your luggage to FLL. Can you fly out of FLL ?

If they are offering it on your cruise, they typically offer it to both FLL and MIA, but the time frame is later for FLL (like your flight has to be after noon or so).  

On 7/16/2019 at 4:05 PM, vistapat said:

Thank you.  We have a sort of early flight and plan to self-disembark, but it will be great not to have to fight with larger luggage pieces.

5 hours ago, vistapat said:

Just so you know, that's not really considered an "early flight".... there will be no need to self-disembark at all, particularly from the new Miami terminal.

Also a heads-up -- I haven't seen anyone actually say they've SEEN the Luggage Valet program be offered on Symphony yet.  Only thing I've seen here is that someone called and asked, and a phone representative claimed that it was available.  So be prepared to not have any option but to wrangle your big cases yourself, whether you self-disembark or not.  

5 hours ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

If you want loungers in specific area, just plan to go early to the pool and you should have your choice. Sailed Symphony during peak holiday time and still had our choice of pool chairs before 9am. Solarium was always available except for the couch seating.  If you come after 9am, it will be luck of the draw. At noon, forget it. Happy sailing!! 🙂

exactly, that is why I am at the pool and chilling out by 7:30 am!!

5 hours ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

If you want loungers in specific area, just plan to go early to the pool and you should have your choice. Sailed Symphony during peak holiday time and still had our choice of pool chairs before 9am. Solarium was always available except for the couch seating.  If you come after 9am, it will be luck of the draw. At noon, forget it. Happy sailing!! 🙂

Thank you. I guess the Freedom cruise had a lot of sunbathers. Plus the husband wanted a proper breakfast in the dining room.  I told him he's on his own this trip. I'm not giving up sun time for food.

There are PLENTY of loungers...but they ALL can't be beside the pool!  The ones closest to the pool are so tightly packed, you have to climb into them from the foot of the chair....you will know your next-door lounge chair neighbor better than your spouse after about 15 mins.....

Go up a deck, where there is less crowding and noise.  You can walk down the stairs, take a dip and lie out in comfort on deck up!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, norway olin said:

I am on Symphony today, Jul 17.  NO  luggage valet offered.

Well, dang.  But thanks for the heads up.  Our cruise isn't until the end of January - maybe they'll have it by then.

Pat

I recently watched a video on YouTube doing a review of Symphony.  One thing that was mentioned in the video is that they do not allow any drinks in or around the pools.  My wife and I always enjoy having a beer or dink while sitting in the shallow part of the pool with our feet in the deeper part.  We have done this on every cruise for the past 20 years.  We are really hoping that this was a rule that someone has misinterpreted.  

On 7/17/2019 at 8:53 PM, vistapat said:

Well, dang.  But thanks for the heads up.  Our cruise isn't until the end of January - maybe they'll have it by then.

Pat

Our cruise isn't until March. I hope they have it then best money I ever spent.

22 minutes ago, HotRod3 said:

One thing that was mentioned in the video is that they do not allow any drinks in or around the pools.   We are really hoping that this was a rule that someone has misinterpreted.  

I think what they meant is that they don't want drinks in a glass container around the pool (the Solarium sometimes uses plastic cups because of this).

On 7/14/2019 at 12:23 AM, ryguy2008 said:

Here's my questions.

1. Can you get any drink at the fittness (vitality) cafe with the refreshment package?
  2. Did you spend time in the Solarium? Was it crowded?
  3. If you tried it, how were the lines for The Ultimate Abyss slide?
  4. Did you have any special privileges? (Suite class / The Key)

Boarding in 3 weeks today... Very much looking forward.

Just off of the symphony and my teenage boys that had the refreshment package were able to get protein shakes at the vitality café.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, HotRod3 said:

I recently watched a video on YouTube doing a review of Symphony.  One thing that was mentioned in the video is that they do not allow any drinks in or around the pools.  My wife and I always enjoy having a beer or dink while sitting in the shallow part of the pool with our feet in the deeper part.  We have done this on every cruise for the past 20 years.  We are really hoping that this was a rule that someone has misinterpreted.  

Food and drink were certainly allowed by the pool areas and chairs. I believe they are watching for glass.

That being said while we were on Symphony, the lifeguards by the pool were restricting guests from having the drinks in the pool while swimming. Sitting pool side was fine. There was a sign by the pool area, however they were only enforcing no drinks while physically in the pool swimming.