Fire away, just stepped off of the Symphony of the Seas.

Hey everyone,

I know I had a bunch of questions going in.  I'll do my best to answer them.  Go for it.

Few randoms

1)  Getting on the ship and through security was an absolute breeze.  15 minutes tops.  Came at 11:00AM

2) Rooms are ready promptly at 1:00 pm

3) The ship is immaculate. 

4) Don't wait to get off the ship at 9:00 AM like we did.  Pure chaos.

5) Those who argue against the big ship concept are spot on when your trying to get in the pools when at sea.  They need to have another pool or 2.  Just too crowded.

6) Hiro the show is AMAZING.  That might be an understatement.

7)  The ship is just gorgeous. Artwork, stunning.

8)  Cental Park is breathtaking.  So is Boardwalk.

9)  You can get a protein shake or other type of smoothies at the fitness center.

10)  You can run around the track without having to side step passengers.  Very well done.

11) Getting off the ship was easy.  They say to bring a photo form of ID but never ask for it.

12) They do a really cool balloon drop at midnight on the first day.

Ok thats it for now!

• Like 1

Here's my questions.

1. Can you get any drink at the fittness (vitality) cafe with the refreshment package?
  2. Did you spend time in the Solarium? Was it crowded?
  3. If you tried it, how were the lines for The Ultimate Abyss slide?
  4. Did you have any special privileges? (Suite class / The Key)

Boarding in 3 weeks today... Very much looking forward.

Hey all,

So I didn't do any of the drink packages, and the solarium, while I didn't spend much time there never looked overly crowded.  The Abyss slide lines weren't bad at any point we were there.  We didn't have a Suite or any type of key thing.  I saw people mostly ordering smoothies or juices etc at the Fitness center.  I bought an occasional Red Bull.

My kids were quite content with the Kiwi, Lemonade and Water options at all the places so I'm glad I didn't purchase any beverage options. 

On 7/14/2019 at 12:23 AM, ryguy2008 said:

Can you get any drink at the fittness (vitality) cafe with the refreshment package?

You can get smoothies and juices at the Vitality Cafe, but nothing with protein powder.  You would pay extra for that.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:23 PM, ryguy2008 said:

Here's my questions.

1. Can you get any drink at the fittness (vitality) cafe with the refreshment package?
  2. Did you spend time in the Solarium? Was it crowded?
  3. If you tried it, how were the lines for The Ultimate Abyss slide?
  4. Did you have any special privileges? (Suite class / The Key)

Boarding in 3 weeks today... Very much looking forward.

2.  We sailed on the June 29, 2019 sailing and spent some time in the Solarium.  It is not overly crowded for the loungers but I found it was very hot.  It's a beautiful place but there aren't enough windows to keep the winds blowing.  There are people who will get there very early and get the loungers right by the windows so if you aren't one of the first ones, you will find a lounger, but you will be hot.  It is a very nice area though.

3.  We rode the Abyss twice.  Both times the lines weren't very long.  It's a lot of fun.

Not asked but will give you the heads up - one of the nicest places on the ship is in the back of Deck 5 (walking track).  The breeze is amazing and there are chairs that you can lounge in to talk, read, drink, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Houstoncruiser2007 said:

2.  We sailed on the June 29, 2019 sailing and spent some time in the Solarium.  It is not overly crowded for the loungers but I found it was very hot.  It's a beautiful place but there aren't enough windows to keep the winds blowing.  There are people who will get there very early and get the loungers right by the windows so if you aren't one of the first ones, you will find a lounger, but you will be hot.  It is a very nice area though.

3.  We rode the Abyss twice.  Both times the lines weren't very long.  It's a lot of fun.

Not asked but will give you the heads up - one of the nicest places on the ship is in the back of Deck 5 (walking track).  The breeze is amazing and there are chairs that you can lounge in to talk, read, drink, etc. 

Would the back of the ship on Deck 5 be a good place for sail a way?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Would the back of the ship on Deck 5 be a good place for sail a way?

That is exactly where I plan to be on Harmony because that is the area portcanaveralwebcam zooms in on :)   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ryano said:

That is exactly where I plan to be on Harmony because that is the area portcanaveralwebcam zooms in on 🙂  

Sounds like a plan. I was thinking of the Solarium but thought it would be hot and we would be looking thru glass. Also thought about the King of the World decks but there is no seating there. I like to stay away from the crowded areas.

Yes, Luggage Valet is now available on Symphony. I asked RCL directly via email and they said it was. My cruise is in late November.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response. Hi, my name is Traci I am here to assist you!
Yes! we do have Luggage Valet that is offered at a minimal fee, currently $25.00 per person (2 bags per guest), plus applicable airline luggage fees. At this time, the valet service can be purchased only onboard the ship. Please check with the Guest Services staff once onboard to see if your airline will be participating in the Luggage Valet service for your sailing.  

Enjoy your trip!

Hey, don't give away my secret chill spot!  My wife and I hung out at the back by the track and it was awesome.  Hardly anyone knew those chairs existed and we got to just sit and watch the ocean go by in peace.

I tried the search function but didn't get exactly what I was trying to find out.  I know there is the hot dog place for grab and go hot dogs.  Is there a place for grab and go burgers or chicken tenders?  I know you can get them at Johnny Rockets or Playmakers for a fee and for free at Windjammers but I was hoping there was somewhere that had them where my kids could grab some on the run.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, sheezsmith said:

Yes, Luggage Valet is now available on Symphony. I asked RCL directly via email and they said it was. My cruise is in late November.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response. Hi, my name is Traci I am here to assist you!
Yes! we do have Luggage Valet that is offered at a minimal fee, currently $25.00 per person (2 bags per guest), plus applicable airline luggage fees. At this time, the valet service can be purchased only onboard the ship. Please check with the Guest Services staff once onboard to see if your airline will be participating in the Luggage Valet service for your sailing.  

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you.  We have a sort of early flight and plan to self-disembark, but it will be great not to have to fight with larger luggage pieces.

Pat

1 hour ago, depplep said:

We're on Symphony in October and I'm stressing about the pool chairs. Can you get a chair close to the pool before 8am? All I want to do for 7 days is lay at the pool. 

I am always at the pool around 7:30 and there are tons of chairs.  So you should easily get one around 8.  It is the people that come out at noon and think they will get a lounger right by the pool that are out of luck.  I am there by 7:30 am and never leave until late afternoon except to go to the bathroom or take a dip in the pool.

1 minute ago, karena1 said:

I am always at the pool around 7:30 and there are tons of chairs.  So you should easily get one around 8.  It is the people that come out at noon and think they will get a lounger right by the pool that are out of luck.  I am there by 7:30 am and never leave until late afternoon except to go to the bathroom or take a dip in the pool.

We couldn't get a chair even on the lower deck last February on Freedom. Never saw this before. Now I'm worried about Symphony. We didn't have a problem on Oasis on an October cruise, so I'm hoping it was just the time of year for Freedom.

5 hours ago, Deaden said:

Hey, don't give away my secret chill spot!  My wife and I hung out at the back by the track and it was awesome.  Hardly anyone knew those chairs existed and we got to just sit and watch the ocean go by in peace.

My hubby and I LOVED that spot on HOS! It was sooooo peaceful!

7 hours ago, vistapat said:

Thank you.  We have a sort of early flight and plan to self-disembark, but it will be great not to have to fight with larger luggage pieces.

Pat

Typically Luggage Valet is only available if your flight is after 11:00ish. 

They have to give themselves enough time to get it all off the ship and trucked over to the airport and checked in, so they don't offer it for early flights. 

On 7/13/2019 at 10:07 PM, rockon391 said:

The next class of ships greater than the Oasis class need to stick with the same large size but ditch the open design so that all the floor space given up can be gained back for larger pools and more chairs.

Doing so would create a lot more inside cabins, however, which would just mean even more passengers trying to get into the additional pools and chairs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Doing so would create a lot more inside cabins, however, which would just mean even more passengers trying to get into the additional pools and chairs.

That has not seemed to bother Royal since they have been adding staterooms to ships without adding public space for years now.

At least when they stretched Enchantment back in 2005 they added more pool deck and lounge space.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That has not seemed to bother Royal since they have been adding staterooms to ships without adding public space for years now.

At least when they stretched Enchantment back in 2005 they added more pool deck and lounge space.

Yes I have been watching the Oasis threads with the extra insides being tucked in to various underused nooks and crannies during the upcoming major dry dock. Last year I thought I was slightly disappointed that we were sailing before the Abyss slides were added, but now methinks we may have come out ahead on the time frame after all. 

On the other hand I work around crowd problems anyway; we live a hacked schedule and long ago quit bothering to try to visit pool decks, lunch buffets, and solaria around high noon on sea days. Visiting venues during earlier, off times, spending one port day aboard ship, or finding a lounger on a more remote, non-pool view deck, have all been extremely effective strategies for getting what we want without fighting the hoards.