NCL included air

djtx2

4 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

The three of us are booked with the free / reduced air.  Went from inside with one perk for $2309 to balcony with air and all 5 perks for $2877.  Inside didn't include the free / reduced air.  Our airfare would have been around $650 for the 3 of us if I would have bought it separately.  

Now, don't get me wrong.  It is driving me bonkers not knowing my flights.  I know we may not be sitting together (not really a big deal to us to save the money) and the flights might not be at the best hours.

But for us it is worth it.

You can call Norwegians air department at 1-866-625-1163 and make requests to fly up to 2 days before or 2 days after your cruise. You can also make requests on flight times and they do their best to accommodate you. You must call and make requests before they book your flight though. Just a heads up, you will probably be on hold for at least an hour before you get to talk to an agent. Also flights are booked on United, Delta, Jetblue or American if you want to request a specific airline. We cruise Sept. 15 and I called and got my air confirmation within 2 days of call.

Edited by sabrefan15
added more to response

1 hour ago, sabrefan15 said:

You can call Norwegians air department at 1-866-625-1163 and make requests to fly up to 2 days before or 2 days after your cruise. You can also make requests on flight times and they do their best to accommodate you. You must call and make requests before they book your flight though. Just a heads up, you will probably be on hold for at least an hour before you get to talk to an agent. Also flights are booked on United, Delta, Jetblue or American if you want to request a specific airline. We cruise Sept. 15 and I called and got my air confirmation within 2 days of call.

How far in advance would you recommend calling to make flight requests? We are booked on a flight in April with final payment not due until December. Should I wait until after I make the final payment to call or would sooner be better?

6 minutes ago, kkoenig89 said:

How far in advance would you recommend calling to make flight requests? We are booked on a flight in April with final payment not due until December. Should I wait until after I make the final payment to call or would sooner be better?

Can't hurt to call now and maybe again 2-3 month prior to your cruise to remind them of your request.

13 hours ago, Nola26 said:

No it isn't. Your family members selected an upgraded beverage package or are on a long cruise. On a 7 day cruise the service charges are $138pp for the complimentary package. It takes about 2-3 drinks per day to cover the $19.80 daily service charges for the standard beverage package. Even if they want the drinks in the premium package they are better off paying the $5 or so upcharges as they drink, not paying extra for the upgraded package. 

They are on a two week cruise.  They must have pushed the wrong button or something.  Anyway, the drink package isn't worth the service charge to them.   

Thanks!  

I booked a cruise for January 18 and paid the $25pp to fly in  two days early.  Flying in early is partly a hedge against Mother Nature and mainly to make it easier for my 91 year old mother, who hates flying in winter (DM starts worrying about winter weather and asking if we've put the snow brushes and boots in the car around Labor Day)!

The cruise date we chose included the air option and having priced flights and frequent flier mileage options, I naively assumed NJ to Miami would be a direct flight. 

I logged in to NCL tonight as I hadn't received a cruise confirmation email and to my surprise , as we're 186 days out and 56 days from a cancellation penalty-- flights were listed but not times.  Newark to Charlotte to Miami pre cruise; direct MIA to EWR flight post. My guess is AA based on the Charlotte routing and when I checked their website, there are some very early flights with 2 -4 hours between flights

Hope these reservations aren't firm,  I will call tomorrow  to see if I can pay extra for a direct flight or if Phila would be a better option for a non-stop flight,.

Two things I hadn't thought about before reading CC - seating and baggage fees. Just assumed we'd be seated together, didn't think about cheapest fare, no carryon and only middle seat! 

Also I hadn't thought about the checked bag fee since I'm used to booking my own flights and on my preferred carrier, which ironically is AA, and when paying with their affinity credit card it includes free bags, but since I didn't book the reservation- there will be a checked bag fees each way

Always greatful for the help and information learned on this site. Will advise of outcome 

Angela

Finally got our flights ticketed!!!

Record locator was in edocs that finally reappeared at 47 days.

We are booked on United nonstop, Newark to Barcelona roundtrip. We are flying to arrive 1 day early. 

I had to call to get frequent flyer numbers added. Due to business travel I have status that allowed the agent to improve our seats to Premium Economy. 

This perk has been awesome for us. This is my mother's first trip to Europe and not having to change planes and have a shorter flight will be ideal. 

53 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

Finally got our flights ticketed!!!

Record locator was in edocs that finally reappeared at 47 days.

We are booked on United nonstop, Newark to Barcelona roundtrip. We are flying to arrive 1 day early. 

I had to call to get frequent flyer numbers added. Due to business travel I have status that allowed the agent to improve our seats to Premium Economy. 

This perk has been awesome for us. This is my mother's first trip to Europe and not having to change planes and have a shorter flight will be ideal. 

Are the airport fees/taxes charged separately or are they included in the air package?  Just curious.   

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Are the airport fees/taxes charged separately or are they included in the air package?  Just curious.   

Taxes are included. If the airline has fees you pay those to the airline. Common ones are seat selection and baggage.  United doesn't charge to select a seat, but offers upgrade seats for a fee. On international flights they typically allow at least one 50lb or less bag checked at no charge. 

I hope I have addressed your questions. 

23 hours ago, JillK said:

Am I expecting to be booked on my preferred airline at the best time of day that is convenient to me? No. 

Am I hoping we get direct routing? Given its a short-haul flight (Toronto - LGA), yes but I know it's possible I will be routed through Montreal.

Am I prepared to live with the above, and the uncertainty of not knowing until closer to the cruise? Yes.

Imagine my surprise when I log into email this morning and see my "Air Confirmation" for my cruise in December.

Flights are direct, coded United but are in fact Westjet flights - one of the airlines I collect points with so that's a bonus. Times are actually good - we arrive at 4:00 pm so will be able to get settled into our hotel and have a nice pre-cruise evening in the city. Our departure time is a little late at 6:00 pm so since I have a lot of lead time, I may call and see if we can get switched to an earlier flight as there is another one at the same price that leaves mid-afternoon (no doubt my parents will be happy to be relieved of watching my four kids sooner rather than later!) That being said, if no change is able to be made, I am happy.

To OP - to book these exact flights today would cost me $1,041.44 (cdn) so that is my savings. You should look at flights and see how much you will save and whether you can live with giving up control of your flight bookings and the uncertainty. If you don't feel comfortable not being able to chose your flights, then it may be worth the expense of booking your own flights.

Regardless of how you get there - happy cruising! 

• Like 1

so i see this showing up on my Summary.    as you will see this is not until May of next year.  does this mean these will be my legs?  or is there still a chance for other stops to be added?  for us, this was $250pp which was a much better deal than the $2000+pp i was seeing for one way tickets home from our TA sail.  no matter how bad the times or layovers may be to save that kind of money was too good to pass up.

May 03, 2020 Barcelona to London

May 03, 2020 London to Boston

1 hour ago, BostonGal35 said:

so i see this showing up on my Summary.    as you will see this is not until May of next year.  does this mean these will be my legs?  or is there still a chance for other stops to be added?  for us, this was $250pp which was a much better deal than the $2000+pp i was seeing for one way tickets home from our TA sail.  no matter how bad the times or layovers may be to save that kind of money was too good to pass up.

Way to soon for flights to be set, don't assume these are final. Our booked flights were the 3rd set we saw, all had 0 or 1 connection. 

10 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

Where are you notified of flights.  I have been waiting on my edocs because I thought the flights would be on them.  Got edocs today.  No flights listed.

The only place where I can see notification of my actual flights is in the email sent by NCL. Actual flight information does not appear anywhere on NCL.com. 

Only thing I can see under Vacation Summary at NCL.com is the summary as BostonGal35 shows above.... and then again under the "Air, Hotel, Transfer" tab it shows city and airport code (that's how I knew we'd fly into LGA as opposed to JFK).

Thought actual booked flight information might be populated into the vacation summary but that does not appear to be the case. 

Looks like I am an unlucky one.

I chose reduced air with NCL ($99 round trip, that's great!)...

Flight out is early, but that's to be expected.

But on the return flight, cruise arrives in port 7AM, flight leaves 7PM

We get in at 11:59 on a Sunday night and drive 1.5 hours home. hopefuly asleep by 2:30AM

I found an earlier flight on the same airline, and our travel agent says she spoke with NCL, and it cannot be changed.

I called Delta, and they say it can only be changed by NCL.

Well, I guess I just have to deal with this late flight in exchange for my savings.

I would be happy to pay a little extra to change, but it's "not allowed"

1 hour ago, Cantharellus said:

Looks like I am an unlucky one.

I chose reduced air with NCL ($99 round trip, that's great!)...

Flight out is early, but that's to be expected.

But on the return flight, cruise arrives in port 7AM, flight leaves 7PM

We get in at 11:59 on a Sunday night and drive 1.5 hours home. hopefuly asleep by 2:30AM

I found an earlier flight on the same airline, and our travel agent says she spoke with NCL, and it cannot be changed.

I called Delta, and they say it can only be changed by NCL.

Well, I guess I just have to deal with this late flight in exchange for my savings.

I would be happy to pay a little extra to change, but it's "not allowed"

Delta usually let's you pay a fee to change the ticket on the same day. Call Delta and ask if that feature could be available and the fee schedule. Then once you're in port call Delta to see if an earlier flight has availability. You may be content to wing in the airport as a standby than get home so late on a Sunday, good luck.

2 hours ago, JillK said:

The only place where I can see notification of my actual flights is in the email sent by NCL. Actual flight information does not appear anywhere on NCL.com. 

Only thing I can see under Vacation Summary at NCL.com is the summary as BostonGal35 shows above.... and then again under the "Air, Hotel, Transfer" tab it shows city and airport code (that's how I knew we'd fly into LGA as opposed to JFK).

Thought actual booked flight information might be populated into the vacation summary but that does not appear to be the case. 

My information came in the edocs that are in my Vacation Summary that is on ncl.com. I am passenger 2 on the reservation and never received an email.

2 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

Where are you notified of flights.  I have been waiting on my edocs because I thought the flights would be on them.  Got edocs today.  No flights listed.

The flights with a record locator will show on your edocs, likely when your inside of 50 days. Even before that I could see flight plans on my vacation summary page (Dates, departure and destination cities for each leg of the trip). My set of edocs did not have flight information. Then I couldn't see them for several weeks. Last night they returned with flight information included. I contacted my carrier, got seats assigned so we are all set.

We are on a cruise January 2020.   noticed one day ago flight times showed up on our Cruise Summary.  Just times. Travelling with another couple.,   Ours were Portland, Or to Los Angeles, via San Diego, departing 0630.  Returning from Los Angeles at 230pm.  Friends were direct from PDX at 11am and returning 12 noon from LAX.  their flight much preferred.  Knowing these early flights on our Summary, are TENTATIVE, wanted to have ours  moved to the preferred TENTATIVE flights.  Called and held for 30 minutes, told NO WAY could we request a flight change, they are randomly selected at this point and of course could change.  Understand this, but politely asked to be changed TENTATIVELY to the preferred flight, and know  this is not set in stone at this stage.  No, was the answer.  Our flight was included in the price of the cruise, not a reduced amount.   So, anyone that got NCL Air to change their flights; were you on reduced flights or for free.?    Were advised to link reservations with other couple, but think they are afraid the link to us will give them a less chance of keeping the preferred flights.   ???

2 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

We are on a cruise January 2020.   noticed one day ago flight times showed up on our Cruise Summary.  Just times. Travelling with another couple.,   Ours were Portland, Or to Los Angeles, via San Diego, departing 0630.  Returning from Los Angeles at 230pm.  Friends were direct from PDX at 11am and returning 12 noon from LAX.  their flight much preferred.  Knowing these early flights on our Summary, are TENTATIVE, wanted to have ours  moved to the preferred TENTATIVE flights.  Called and held for 30 minutes, told NO WAY could we request a flight change, they are randomly selected at this point and of course could change.  Understand this, but politely asked to be changed TENTATIVELY to the preferred flight, and know  this is not set in stone at this stage.  No, was the answer.  Our flight was included in the price of the cruise, not a reduced amount.   So, anyone that got NCL Air to change their flights; were you on reduced flights or for free.?    Were advised to link reservations with other couple, but think they are afraid the link to us will give them a less chance of keeping the preferred flights.   ???

You may be too far out. Call back when you're closer to 60 days. You'll probably see the flights change. We were booked on the 3rd set of flights that showed for us. I never saw times until we were ticketed, just dates and from/to locations. No times no airlines.

Edited by Nola26

4 hours ago, Goldconnection said:

The free air has never worked to our advantage. Good luck.

whether it works depends on how you value savings I guess. We have been lucky, we were able, via our TA to get our flights changed to times that worked better for us, but even if we couldn't have done this, I would rather spend the night at a local airport hotel if arriving too late for a long drive home than pay full price to fly to the port and home. All I do is look at the price of the free or discounted air and I am happy with whatever they assign us. And of course having transfers all set when we arrive at the airport after the flight is another plus.

Called concerning our Jan cruise as stated in my earlier post above - plan to fly in 2 days early to hedge weather.  Was told

- flights we're seeing are placeholders 

- no options to pay extra for nonstop guarantee flight, upgrade seats or offer NCL variety of airports in NY/Phila area - their computer can only handle one.  Same response from premium air desk but told I could decline the air once ticketed and obtain my own without penalty since nothing paid 

told they no longer sell air thru NCL?????

- flights could be to Ft Lauderdale or Miami but I shouldn't worry since purchased transfers and they'd get us to any hotel and to pier   Why do I doubt that?  Experience perhaps? 

Day of sailing flights tend to be very early and non stop to ensure everyone makes embarkation.    Early in or late out flights give them more flexibility with stops 

will have my fingers crossed and watching flights as right now the costs are crazy! 

Wishing all a fabulous cruise

On 7/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, Nola26 said:

My information came in the edocs that are in my Vacation Summary that is on ncl.com. I am passenger 2 on the reservation and never received an email.

Received Air Confirmation email yesterday, was sent after 11pm the day prior.