All Bliss Menus here

sandseeker3

17 minutes ago, kkoenig89 said:

Thank you! Were there any upcharges for using SDP in any of the specialty restaurants like there used to be? I don't see them noted on the menu pictures if there are any,

We disembarked Bliss yesterday. None of the restaurants we visited (Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Ocean Blue) had any upcharges of any type, be it on a SDP or Latitudes Platinum certificate. Apparently they have eliminated upcharges with the latest menus that have hefty price increases. A wise move, IMO, given the pricing changes.

• Like 1

I believe with those new hefty price increases, NCL is pushing everyone to get the SDP. This way they can make the extra money on the specialty dining and then all the MDR meals which are included in your fare, will not be used (money saver).  

Let’s not forget on top of that, the extra 20% in gratuities. Can you imagine your bill for 4 at the end of the ala carte meal?  Outrageous. The infamous Shrimp cocktail at Cagney’s that was once ~ $7.99, then went to a $4.99 upcharge, then down to a $3.99 upcharge, then back to being included but with an ala carte price of $13.00. Way to go NCL!!!

4 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Let’s not forget on top of that, the extra 20% in gratuities. Can you imagine your bill for 4 at the end of the ala carte meal?  Outrageous. The infamous Shrimp cocktail at Cagney’s that was once ~ $7.99, then went to a $4.99 upcharge, then down to a $3.99 upcharge, then back to being included but with an ala carte price of $13.00. Way to go NCL!!!

I should have hired on with NCL as a bean counter.  Just think of the long-term employment opportunity...…………….

1 hour ago, BEAV said:

We disembarked Bliss yesterday. None of the restaurants we visited (Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Ocean Blue) had any upcharges of any type, be it on a SDP or Latitudes Platinum certificate. Apparently they have eliminated upcharges with the latest menus that have hefty price increases. A wise move, IMO, given the pricing changes.

Good to know!   Were they limiting the number of starters/appetizers with the SDP?    

22 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Good to know!   Were they limiting the number of starters/appetizers with the SDP?    

We used our SDP in Cagney's, Ocean Blue and Teppanyaki. There was no mention of numbers of courses we could order in Cagney's, however, I didn't care to order more than a starter, entrée and dessert. In Ocean Blue, we were told we could order a soup/salad, appetizer, entrée and dessert (four courses). Two of the appetizers appealed to me, so I ordered accordingly but skipped soup/salad. 

We used our Platinum certificates in Le Bistro and La Cucina. In both venues we were told we could order starter, entrée and dessert. I'd heard there was a $35 entrée cap in Le Bistro, however I ordered the $39 Dover sole and wasn't charged anything additional. 

• Thanks 1

Sarah is the mother to "H",  I followed him from a very young age. Her reports are worth reading as there have many inside ideas for different locations. Her blog on Cartagena and San Juan are really worth reading if you happen to be heading there soon. Actually I find all her incite very valuable for those that have children and cruise.
OP, thank you for finding this and we should all thank Sarah. That's a lot of running around the ship to grab this info

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BEAV said:

We used our SDP in Cagney's, Ocean Blue and Teppanyaki. There was no mention of numbers of courses we could order in Cagney's, however, I didn't care to order more than a starter, entrée and dessert. In Ocean Blue, we were told we could order a soup/salad, appetizer, entrée and dessert (four courses). Two of the appetizers appealed to me, so I ordered accordingly but skipped soup/salad. 

We used our Platinum certificates in Le Bistro and La Cucina. In both venues we were told we could order starter, entrée and dessert. I'd heard there was a $35 entrée cap in Le Bistro, however I ordered the $39 Dover sole and wasn't charged anything additional. 

Just wondering if you noticed how much they are currently charging for Teppanyaki? I heard it has been $30 (not including gratuity) for a while, but I read on another thread that the price has been increased.

thank you

2 hours ago, cruiser872002 said:

Just wondering if you noticed how much they are currently charging for Teppanyaki? I heard it has been $30 (not including gratuity) for a while, but I read on another thread that the price has been increased.

thank you

It’s now $39 if you don’t use a SDP.

• 1 month later...
On July 18, 2019 at 3:21 PM, sassyshar said:

Thank you for posting the menu's and for also sharing a link to your review of the Breakaway.   The review was very informative and entertaining to read.   

Your welcome!  I can't take the credit for compiling the menus or for the Breakaway review though.  Credit goes to @ProfCruise

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, ProfCruise said:

Glad they were helpful to folks! 

Just got off Dawn 20 nights B2B so they ran 11 nights DR and then 9 night DR.  Your menus were so helpful to pre-cruise planning.  Gave me some ideas when to go to specialties.

For those just seeing them now, there are some updates.  Shrimp no longer being served in the DR's.  So, for example,  the menu here shows shrimp & crab cake appetizer which is now a fish cake.  Coconut shrimp w/Thai chili sauce appetizer is now coconut chicken.  Pasta and shrimp entrees not offered but pasta w/scallops or clams still are.  

Finally had a chance to try that 3 cheese ziti raved about here and must say it was really good.  Asked for small portion along with my entree.  Quite funny considering I had ordered lamb curry that night.

Specialties have shrimp dishes.  There is a really good new red snapper entree in La Cucina ("cartoccio").  

Also just a few weeks ago surf & turf with lobster tail has returned.  I had it in Cagney's and both the fleet and lobster tail were very tasty.  If dining a la carte, it is $46.  It is covered under SDP.  The menu here has the shrimp listed so for those looking for lobster tail it's back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

Just got off Dawn 20 nights B2B so they ran 11 nights DR and then 9 night DR.  Your menus were so helpful to pre-cruise planning.  Gave me some ideas when to go to specialties.

For those just seeing them now, there are some updates.  Shrimp no longer being served in the DR's.  So, for example,  the menu here shows shrimp & crab cake appetizer which is now a fish cake.  Coconut shrimp w/Thai chili sauce appetizer is now coconut chicken.  Pasta and shrimp entrees not offered but pasta w/scallops or clams still are.  

Finally had a chance to try that 3 cheese ziti raved about here and must say it was really good.  Asked for small portion along with my entree.  Quite funny considering I had ordered lamb curry that night.

Specialties have shrimp dishes.  There is a really good new red snapper entree in La Cucina ("cartoccio").  

Also just a few weeks ago surf & turf with lobster tail has returned.  I had it in Cagney's and both the fleet and lobster tail were very tasty.  If dining a la carte, it is $46.  It is covered under SDP.  The menu here has the shrimp listed so for those looking for lobster tail it's back.

Thanks for providing these updates - that sounds like a fabulous b2b!  I really liked the 3 cheese ziti too!