MDR Breakfast and Drink Package

Suzanneab

2 minutes ago, Suzanneab said:

Newbie Question:

We will have the classic drink package.  Is it possible to order Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's with our breakfast in the MDR?

Thanks,

As long as they are on the package, no problem.  

On 7/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, Suzanneab said:

Newbie Question:

We will have the classic drink package.  Is it possible to order Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's with our breakfast in the MDR?

Thanks,

You can order but you may be in for a long wait. Someone will need to be detached from the ongoing process of taking orders,, offering sweet rolls, juices, bringing food, coffee, cleaning the table... A guy/gal to run to the bar in the Oceanview to get a drink for you is just not built into their routine. Different time of day but similar issue: I have always had a package, usually Classic, sometimes Premium. Two or three wine refills through dinner, seldom any big delay. But maybe once a cruise I will order an after dinner drink from the list on the menu. That involves bringing in somebody totally else to verify my request, verify my drinks package, and go off somewhere miles away to eventually bring my drink well after dinner and after dessert and after coffee and after the MDR is basically deserted. 

In short, they do the standard things very well but often seem unable to cope with a slightly unusual request. My theory is that, when I am on a cruise, I don’t need perfection, no need to fret. I would rather cope with what is. I get my Bloody Maria to-go before I go to breakfast, I take a glass of wine into dinner with me in case service is slow, and I usually do my after dinner drink someplace else. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Luminae is different.  The basic process is very similar - if the drink order is off menu someone has to run over to another bar and get it.  (DH does this all the time as he likes less usual drinks with meals.) But there are just more staff available to do that and any wait time is negligible.  Luminae is also only available for suite guests unless you pay the up-charge - and I don't think you can do that for breakfast.  But I stand to be corrected on that.

Luminae is NOT available for non suite passengers even for an up-charge.   A suite passenger can host you as their guest for which there is a charge.  But a nonsuite passenger cannot just walk up and offer to pay to dine there no matter breakfast, lunch or dinner. 

Edited by cruisestitch

I always have one at the Elite breakfast and the wife gets a mimosa, comes usually pretty quick. One thing I do notice with the Bloody Mary strength and quality varies on who makes it.  Always seems to be better if your waiter comes from Eastern Europe to make it 🙂

• Like 2

You can use the Classic package everywhere on the ship except room service and your in room mini bar. We enjoy cappuccinos after meals in many restaurants with it as well as alcoholic drinks. Also you can use it for the yummy coffees and teas at Café al Bacio.

2 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

Now there's an idea!   Will try that this September on Infinity!!

I will be enjoying on Equinox, also in September!  Hope you have a fantastic cruise...

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

You can use the Classic package everywhere on the ship except room service and your in room mini bar. We enjoy cappuccinos after meals in many restaurants with it as well as alcoholic drinks. Also you can use it for the yummy coffees and teas at Café al Bacio.

We also love Cafe al Bacio! Although I am not as experimental as I was....Before our Reflection Cruise I asked for recommendations on coffees to try...I soon realised I haven’t got a very sweet tooth...The Aspen Coffee that many recommended was just too much for me!

We return to Florida in September, direct this time not via Philadelphia...a little more expensive but after our flight issues last year we are risking nothing in hurricane season!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We also love Cafe al Bacio! Although I am not as experimental as I was....Before our Reflection Cruise I asked for recommendations on coffees to try...I soon realised I haven’t got a very sweet tooth...The Aspen Coffee that many recommended was just too much for me!

We return to Florida in September, direct this time not via Philadelphia...a little more expensive but after our flight issues last year we are risking nothing in hurricane season!

As long as you pack that "posh frock" you should be good to go! We put off our usual December cruise until March. It's a very special anniversary that we decided to spend at sea on Reflection.  I just mentioned your posts last year to DH when I saw your post and said I hope we sail together and share a cocktail and a laugh.  Have a great, enjoyable (uneventful) cruise.

8 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

As long as you pack that "posh frock" you should be good to go! We put off our usual December cruise until March. It's a very special anniversary that we decided to spend at sea on Reflection.  I just mentioned your posts last year to DH when I saw your post and said I hope we sail together and share a cocktail and a laugh.  Have a great, enjoyable (uneventful) cruise.

Posh frock will get an airing although it has severe delusions of grandeur after dining with Captain Leo last cruise!

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful anniversary cruise in March. We celebrate 40 years of marriage next July which we will enjoy with family at home but then we are booked on the Eclipse Tokyo to Singapore Cruise in October for our private celebration...

Hopefully our cruise adventures will cross one day...On our ‘difficult’ Reflection cruise we dined, as always, first evening in Tuscan Grill and our first toast was to our CC friends who had helped to get us there! With an 8 day stay in Orlando pre cruise and direct flights we hope for less drama this time!

• Like 1