ms Amsterdam and Volendam in Juneau July 19, 2019

Scrapnana

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I wonder why Regatta is at the AJ dock when FKL is vacant today.  Can the port fees there be that different?

Roy

Same thing happened recently with a HAL ship; no rhyme or reason

6 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I wonder why Regatta is at the AJ dock when FKL is vacant today.  Can the port fees there be that different?

Roy

Are both the FKL and AJ dock both fixed docks  - or is one a floating dock? I know that sometimes plays into the decision.

Quick question for Copper10-8.  Do you know if there's any nightlife to speak of in Juneau.  Crystal Symphony docked a few days ago at midnight instead of the scheduled 0630 and I don't think anybody was allowed off until morning but I'm not sure.  Personally, I'd rather do what the Amsterdam did and have a daylight sail-in but just wondering if there was any real advantage to a midnight arrival.

Roy

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Quick question for Copper10-8.  Do you know if there's any nightlife to speak of in Juneau.  Crystal Symphony docked a few days ago at midnight instead of the scheduled 0630 and I don't think anybody was allowed off until morning but I'm not sure.  Personally, I'd rather do what the Amsterdam did and have a daylight sail-in but just wondering if there was any real advantage to a midnight arrival.

Roy

Juneau's night life pretty much consists of a number of bars on Front Street (Alaskan Bar, the Viking, the Imperial, and the Narrows, etc.), some with live bands and dancing, some with pool tables, some with Karaoke. Spent a night there once in the Baranof at the start of a contract on Noordam. Please don't confuse it with Miami's South Beach or Nawlin's Bourbon Street :classic_wink:

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Notice, no noisemakers

I hadn't actually.  There's someone else in my office and I've had the sound off.  Not much of a ceiling for them, though.

Roy