How many specialty Dinners are included?

Herbaltees

This is my first booking on NCL and I am so confused by the promotions.

Is there a place where it tells you how many specialty dinners are included in your "FREE AT SEA" package, based on your sailing or sail date?

Are you able to upgrade from your package to another if you want more?

Also, if your price goes down or if a new promotion gives you more offers for your sailing, are you able to rebook?

TIA.

You can re-book your cruise without penalty up until final payment (unless you are in the UK or another country with different rules on the deposit).  So it’s good to keep an eye on the prices and promos after you book. 

36 minutes ago, Herbaltees said:

Are you able to upgrade from your package to another if you want more?

You can't upgrade per se, but you can buy an additional SDP to supplement the free meals

How many dinners are included are based on the length of your cruise. I have a 14 day booked on Breakaway that includes a 5 SDP. If I remember correctly, the 7 day cruises include a 3 SDP

Edited by Carolina Girl 99
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Must be an old screen shot. I heard Food Republic is now included in the SDP, even though the fine print below the chart says it isn't.

Nope, it is from today actually - maybe they (NCL) haven't updated the terms & conditions page..... 

Encore will be our first cruise with NCL. When I booked recently for the 7 night,  we received 3 specialty dining meals at either Cagney's or Le Bistro for two. When you read the fine print,  it's just for the main course.  Therefore,  if you order just that one item it's included. If you order an appetizer and dessert it's an upcharge, as it is a la carte dining.  Additionally, you will be charged the gratuities for those items. Not a big deal,  but others may have not noticed. 😊

13 minutes ago, brandi0727 said:

Encore will be our first cruise with NCL. When I booked recently for the 7 night,  we received 3 specialty dining meals at either Cagney's or Le Bistro for two. When you read the fine print,  it's just for the main course.  Therefore,  if you order just that one item it's included. If you order an appetizer and dessert it's an upcharge, as it is a la carte dining.  Additionally, you will be charged the gratuities for those items. Not a big deal,  but others may have not noticed. 😊

No, the restriction is one entree, but other courses are included and not restricted.

The meals also aren't restricted to Cagneys or Le Bistro. It is just that those are the two restaurants where additional entrees are chargeable.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

No, the restriction is one entree, but other courses are included and not restricted.

The meals also aren't restricted to Cagneys or Le Bistro. It is just that those are the two restaurants where additional entrees are chargeable.

Interesting.  In our documents it is worded rather oddly. It states "one main course included per person." Does "main course" have a different interpretation than on land? We go to a restaurant and you can order appetizers,  main course options,  and desserts. But one can order just the "main course" if that's all they desired.  It would appear more as a 3 course meal if you have all 3 included. But if they are specifically only talking about those 2 restaurants then that makes sense what you said. Since they didn't mention any other options that is what is confusing. 

My documents also stated it "includes one main course at Cagney's and Le Bistro." Being new to NCL, I would not know other options are available because of the way they stipulated it.  If they stated something like " we have "this many" specialty dining options, but if you choose to eat at Cagney's or Le Bistro, only the main course is included and additional items will have an upcharge" then it would imply that one has options. But the way that it is stipulated appears as if it's only those 2 dining places with only the main course included.  

I'm happy to read that it is not that way, as I rather you be right and have more options.  Just confusing to a newcomer to NCL and not knowing how it all works. 

Thanks for the clarification!😊

20190723_152324.jpg

Oh my, LOL, you're so lucky to be a CC member b/c I can see it would be confusing. Can  I recommend that you look at the restaurants available.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-dining

Not all restaurants posted here are available on all ships but certainly most will be.  While Cagney's is my most favourite specialty restaurant there are many other's, including Le Bistro, are available. 

Hope you enjoy your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Oh my, LOL, you're so lucky to be a CC member b/c I can see it would be confusing. Can  I recommend that you look at the restaurants available.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-dining

Not all restaurants posted here are available on all ships but certainly most will be.  While Cagney's is my most favourite specialty restaurant there are many other's, including Le Bistro, are available. 

Hope you enjoy your cruise. 

I'm thrilled to know those are included on that list.  We like Teppanyaki on land so that would be fun to experience on a cruise. Thank you!😊

• Like 1

Teppanyaki is a fun venue, also, Moderno is great if you love meat  or.... my favourite, ..... roasted pineapple.  I don't eat that much meat but it's a fun experience and the salad bar is great for those who don't eat that much meat. 

HTH

Cheers

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 2

That’s a question I was going to ask so thanks for all the info.   All but the tepanyaki restaurant shows “al a carte”.  So do you get a specific amount of money to spend or is it a specific amount of items off the menu?

thanks!

2 minutes ago, maggieq said:

That’s a question I was going to ask so thanks for all the info.   All but the tepanyaki restaurant shows “al a carte”.  So do you get a specific amount of money to spend or is it a specific amount of items off the menu?

thanks!

If you intend to book Teppanyaki, I'd book it first if you've got the Dining Plan or wait until you're on board.  The reason, if you have the plan, the 1st 3-4 (depends on length of cruise) are included in your package so would be free or if you've used all of your SDP dinners,  you can add it on as a ppp price. 

43 minutes ago, brandi0727 said:

In our documents it is worded rather oddly. It states "one main course included per person." Does "main course" have a different interpretation than on land?

That's just so people don't go ordering more than one main course per person. Starters and desserts are included.

• Like 1

We are going on the breakaway for 7 days. Our cruise includes the 3 day SDP. We have made SD reservations and I think we will eat in the specialty restaurants about 6 times. Would it be worth it to buy an additional 3 day SDP? Or is it smarter to just play the A la carte prices. From what I see online I can't really tell what the A la carte prices will be.

Thanks!