Recommended transportation from MCO to hotel in Port Canaveral the day before cruise?

cruisingn09

We used Joe's Airport Taxi to take us from the airport to our hotel for about $35.00, then had 888Taxi to take s from our hotel to the cruise port. Neither were shared, so there was no stopping at other hotels to slow down the ride. I recommend both.

6 hours ago, cruisingn09 said:

I have searched for shuttles but all seem to be going directly to cruise port the day of cruise.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

TIA

Try Cortrans.

Now, sorry but hijacking the thread for  quick side questions.

So what is the best and quickest way to get back to MCO, once you depart the ship.  Plan on leaving the ship by 7:30am. 

I really do  not want to wait forever  for a bus to fill up. 

also

Barring any delays, traffic, natural disasters, how long does the ride take.

Thank you

12 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Now, sorry but hijacking the thread for  quick side questions.

So what is the best and quickest way to get back to MCO, once you depart the ship.  Plan on leaving the ship by 7:30am. 

I really do  not want to wait forever  for a bus to fill up. 

also

Barring any delays, traffic, natural disasters, how long does the ride take.

Thank you

Uber would be as quick and easy as any.

RCI transfers will definitely be more expensive and slower.

We're using Cocoa Beach Shuttle in Nov.   Taking us from MCO to Radisson at the Port the day before the cruise, and then taking us back to the airport when we disembark.

The good news? You have many choices!

But is comes down to your budget, how many people with luggage, etc.

The easiest is private transportation and Uber/Lyft cannot be beat unless you want a limo or have too many bags.

The cheapest is shared transportation in a minibus. This can be be problemmatic when your flight arrival is delayed because the van (with other passengers) is NOT going to wait for you! And the company may/may not have other vans scheduled that evening.

Note - Not all companies provide shared services to hotels from MCO in the afternoon/evening. Best to stick with a few known ones such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle, 888-transport, etc.

Some hotels provide transfers (they outsource) such as the Radisson and that is a good choice since the hotel has some responsibility in case of delays, etc. 

Edited by SteerageJoe

Pre-cruise we typically use a one way car rental.  All of the car rental agencies offer free shuttles to the port.  Post cruise, unless you have a flight leaving after about 2:00 I would skip the car rental and use a shared shuttle to MCO.