First time on princess

alspal2

I love Regal!!!!! I've been going on her for the past almost five years when it first came out. I go on her 5 times a year. Great ship. Awesome crew. I like to say princess is a nice mix of age demographics. it's got a traditional but yet classy, casual feel to it. The food is excellent in my opinion. Great entertainment. You'll see plenty of families on board with kids, so it's not just an older crowd. I'm in my 30s, and have enjoyed always sailing with Princess for the past 15 years.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

Generally 50+, not many 20's & 30's. Does get families. No water slides, rock walls, surf riders, bumper cars, ice rinks. Not many heavy drinkers. A lot depends on itinerary and time of year. Schools in session, not many families. School's out lots of families. Alaska all ages. Europe, more tourists.

7 day cruise younger crowd. longer cruises older crowd.

The Regal has lots of very nice on board venues for dining and entertainment, including maybe the best & largest buffet at sea, Alfredo's, International Cafe. All no extra charge.

Are you active or ex-military? Apply to the military benefit OBC.

Own Carnival Stock? Apply for the shareholder benefit. You may already know this from sailing Carnival Cruise Lines.

Edited by skynight

Definitely a more relaxed vibe. Like skinight mentioned, there's no fancy / eye-catching stuff like the rock climbing walls, ice rinks, ziplines or waterslides. However like the other lines they have production shows, trivia's, bingo, karaoke, gameshows, along with other activities.

Edited by Jeter02

We’ve been on Carnival, RCCL, Princess and NCL. I think RCCL and Princess are the most similar of the four and seem to have similar demographics and cater to the same type of cruiser. They are my two favorites. If you enjoy Cafe Promenade on RCCL then you’ll also enjoy International Cafe on Princess. They’re our favorite places to hang out.  

I would say that the shorter cruises tend to have a younger crowd.  Also if you go during holidays there are younger people.  I think the Regal is an excellent ship to try out Princess and see what you think.

Our first cruise (20 years ago) was on Celebrity. Since then, we have only cruised Princess. We have found it to be more relaxed with a wide variety of passengers. We have never been on the Regal but will be on her in September. Whatever you chose, enjoy the cruise! 

We've been cruising Princess for a long time, we're in our mid 40's, started cruising them when we were young.  We started cruising with Carnival and Royal Caribbean, and eventually went exclusively Princess.  The Royal class ships (Regal is a Royal class ship) are amazing.  The adult only pool is great.  Love the Bellini bar. Try The Regal Princess and see how you like it.  It will be different than what you are used to and depending on the cruise itinerary and time of year, there could be an older crowd, but I've never found that to keep me from having a great cruise. 

On 7/27/2019 at 3:05 PM, alspal2 said:

I was looking on going on the regal , I have only been in carnival and royal.  Is the princess more for an older crowd .  

If you're looking for an older crowd without all the kids & water slides, race tracks, climbing walls & glitz,  Princess is the way to go. After school is in session the crowd definitely gets older with families/grand kids around the major holidays. 

Just choose a cruise longer than 7 days & that eliminates even more of the children.

Regal is one of the better choices and I doubt you'll be disappointed with either the entertainment or food in comparison, unless your extremely critical.