Small Tabletop Fan

My wife brings one like this and a sound machine and never had a problem putting it in our checked luggage that we give to the porter at the dock. Always made it to the cabin without an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-HT-900-TurboForce-Circulator-Black/dp/B001R1RXUG/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=small%2Bblack%2Bfan&qid=1564319711&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1......it's about 8 inches and powerful enough to cool you off.

I guess the xray machine can't see nothing but the cord since it is plastic and just thinks it's a small extension cord of somekind.

We usually just bring it out at night and put it away in the closet in the morning, incase the room steward would have an issue with us using it.

Edited by Jimbo

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My wife brings one like this and a sound machine and never had a problem putting it in our checked luggage that we give to the porter at the dock. Always made it to the cabin without an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-HT-900-TurboForce-Circulator-Black/dp/B001R1RXUG/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=small%2Bblack%2Bfan&qid=1564319711&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1......it's about 8 inches and powerful enough to cool you off.

I guess the xray machine can't see nothing but the cord since it is plastic and just thinks it's a small extension cord of somekind.

We usually just bring it out at night and put it away in the closet in the morning, incase the room steward would have an issue with us using it.

The xray machine will see a lot more than just the cord.  The motor and the switch will be clearly visible and the plastic parts will show as shadows.  Those machines aren't like they used to be.  A lot also depends on if someone is closely monitoring the machine or not.

We just left Freedom of the Seas this morning.  We had a small travel fan (with a cord) and used it throughout the cruise.  It was brought on in our portered luggage and our stateroom attendant never mentioned a thing to us as it was in clear sight, plugged in and running quietly most the week.

This was our 10th RCCI cruise and I didn’t even know this was an issue until I read this post.  Oops?

Edited by KAA951